CT - Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, Newtown, 2012

Is it even possible to pay such a sum?

Or is the verdict symbolic?

Is he going to be imprisoned if he doesn't pay?
It is my understanding that AJ filed bankruptcy, so no.

The verdict was both symbolic and real to the extent that victims may receive some compensation for damages, but will never, could never, be made whole for the emotional damage inflicted upon them by AJ.

He won’t go to prison if he doesn’t pay. He may be subject to up to ten years‘ prison time for perjury in a separate trial, if charges are eventually brought forward, and he were to be convicted.

jmo

He just makes me sick:
“Jones was not in the courtroom for the verdict. He was streaming live when the jury's decision was read in court, mocked the decision on his Infowars show and used it to fundraise.

It's unclear when or how much of the money the plaintiffs will ultimately see. Jones has said that he will appeal the decision and during his Wednesday broadcast said that there "ain't no money" to pay the massive figure the jury awarded the plaintiffs.”

He just makes me sick:
“Jones was not in the courtroom for the verdict. He was streaming live when the jury's decision was read in court, mocked the decision on his Infowars show and used it to fundraise.

It's unclear when or how much of the money the plaintiffs will ultimately see. Jones has said that he will appeal the decision and during his Wednesday broadcast said that there "ain't no money" to pay the massive figure the jury awarded the plaintiffs.”
Just MAYBE some of these youtube conspiracists defaming Shanann, her children, the Rzuceks, Kiely and her mother (for instance) will have to pay. JMO

NEWTOWN, Ct. — A memorial to the 20 first graders and six educators killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting opened to the public Sunday, a month before the 10th anniversary of the massacre.

No ceremony was planned at the site a short distance from the school. It has become a custom in Newtown on anniversaries and other remembrances of the shooting to mark them with quiet reflection.

Some victims’ relatives were given a private tour of the grounds on Saturday.

“I think they deserve not to have the bright lights of the world on them,” said Newtown First Selectman Dan Rosenthal, the town’s top elected official...

sds71, thanks for posting that. EMDR, so interesting. I don't know how they get over it, I guess they don't really. Mix in the people who had to go into oil vats, in haz mat suits to get Bella and Cece, then having to go back in to recover their arm skin and tiny fingernails. The people who had to recover the 4 members of the Todt family after weeks of decomp, whose murderer, the loving father, also killed the dog. But the mass murders with weapons of war, imo, could be stopped instead of victims' loved ones getting
thoughtsandprayers from legislators. At least the Sandy Hook victims' families are winning in court. jmo.

It seemed unthinkable then. It’s all too common now.

“Never again” became the mantra a decade ago after a troubled young man with a high-powered Bushmaster rifle unleashed a bloodbath at the Sandy Hook Elementary School and left the nation in shock.

Since then, “Never again” has been made a lie 54 times by 54 school shootings involving active shooters, which have killed 101 and injured 156, while forever changing the lives of thousands more...

Last edited:
I can't believe it's been 10 years. I had just graduated from college with my Early Education degree and accepted a long term sub job in a first grade classroom. I went on to teach first grade for 8 years and these Sandy Hook babies were on my mind frequently.

Sending love to all of the families. I can't imagine how difficult this time of year must be for them.

This day ten years ago was worse than 9/11 for me. I remember that day as I was in the area as a school admin. 9/11 was horrific. But, that day, knowing that someone could come and slaughter any child, or a child in my care broke my spirit and soul. These kids would have been in high school---living care-free lives, dating, looking forward. The teachers and administrators would have had many more children who benefitted from their passion and skill. I am so glad that most of the trials against Alex Jones have been concluded with him being found responsible for verbally terrorizing their grieving families. Just like 9/11, I hate this day and worked hard to be present with students today and not think about the darkness in the world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back