CT - Vanessa Morales,1, Ansonia mom deceased MEDIA TIMELINE MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

"Tuesday, February 18th:
*Status Hearing (re murder) (@ am ET) – CT - Christine Marie Holloway (43) (last seen Nov. 27, 2019, found Nov. 30, 2019, Ansonia) & Vanessa Morales (10) (last seen Nov. 29, 2019, reported missing Dec. 3, 2019, Amber Alert on Dec. 4, 2019-not found) - *Jose L. Morales (43) (BF) arrested (12/4/19) & charged (1/22/20) with 2 counts of criminal possession of a pistol. Bond $25K.
*Charged & arraigned (2/7/20) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. Bond $5M.
12/4/19 Update: The arrest was made after Ansonia police served a search & seizure warrant on the man’s residence in New Haven’s Fair Haven Heights neighborhood. The Jose Morales was charged with possessing two stun guns, according to an arrest report authored by New Haven police. It is illegal for him to possess the items because he is a convicted felon, according to the document. 12/17/19: Ansonia police yesterday named Morales as their suspect in his daughter’s disappearance & her mother’s murder.
12/18/19 Update: The hearing was very brief with a new date scheduled for 1/22/20 awaiting plea. 1/22/20: On Wednesday, Senior Assistant Public Defender Margaret Moreau said Morales wanted to see a copy of the search warrant police used to go through his home. The warrant is still sealed, according to the state, and thus unavailable. Judge Melanie Cradle asked both parties to supply an update on the status of the warrant by Feb. 5. Police Chief Andrew Cota III said last week that a warrant charging Morales with Holloway’s slaying was in the works, but needed to be reviewed by the state attorney’s office in Milford before it could move forward. 2/5/20: Morales has waived his right to appear in court. Case continued until Feb. 26.
2/7/20 Update: Ansonia PD announce arrest of Jose Morales in death of Christine, was charged & arraigned (2/7/20) with murder & tampering with physical evidence and held on $5 million bond. Attorney Norm Pattis is now representing Morales. Next scheduled hearing on 2/18.

@Niner

Missing Ansonia toddler's story to appear Wednesday on Investigation Discovery

Updated: March 23, 2020 8:20 p.m.

ANSONIA — It’s been almost four months since Vanessa Morales was last seen in public.

The missing toddler’s photos line the doors of businesses throughout the Valley and nearby communities; digital billboards along the state’s highways flash her picture in communities from one end of the state to the other as many as 2,400 times a day, and Facebook pages are devoted to her return home.

Now her story will be going nationwide, featured on Wednesday’s episode of the Investigation Discovery In Pursuit With John Walsh which airs at 10 p.m

Boyfriend of slain Ansonia woman, missing daughter pleads not guilty to weapons charges

Mar 05, 2020 1:05 PM
A man charged in the death of his girlfriend and whose baby daughter has been missing appeared in Milford court Thursday.
[.....]
Morales pleaded not guilty to murder and tampering with evidence at his last appearance, and is still being held on a $5 million bond.
[.....]
During Thursday’s court appearance, Morales pleaded not guilty to weapons charges after police found two stun guns in his home in New Haven during a search following Holloway's death and his daughter's disappearance.

He and Pattis also waived a probable cause hearing.
[.....]
The state and the defense are still exchanging discovery.

"We are beginning to receive hundreds, if not thousands of documents from the state relating to their investigation of this. We won't have a lot to say about this case publicly unlike other cases,” Pattis said.

Pattis says he could get the discovery as early as the end of the week.

Morales is due back in court on April 15.

SIX MONTHS MISSING: Today marks six months since the search to find Vanessa Morales began. Police found her mother killed inside their Ansonia home and determined the infant had been taken. Police continue to believe Vanessa is alive considering items that were used in her daily care were missing from the home. Those include an Eddie Bauer backpack/diaper bag, a Graco car seat and a polka dot comforter—all shown in pictures below. Anyone with information is asked to call Ansonia Police at 203-735-1885 or the FBI at 1-800-226-5324. Vanessa’s aunt, Jodi Jacobellis, released the following statement:

“To the person that has my niece Vanessa please bring her back to us safely. Please bring her back to her family that loves her dearly and that misses her every minute of every day. Please put yourself in our shoes, we lost my sister-in-law/ Vanessa’s mother in the most tragic way. We have to live with the fact we will never see my sister-in-law, never hug her, never laugh with her, never talk to her, never have a Holiday dinner or birthday celebrations with my sister-in-law, but we still can hold, hug, kiss, laugh, celebrate Holidays and birthdays with the last piece of my sister-in-law and that’s with my niece Vanessa. We will be able to tell Vanessa about how great her mother was, how her mother had a heart of gold, how her mother would do anything for anyone, how her mother prayed every day to become a mother to Vanessa. I want to be able to tell my niece Vanessa how I would feel her move around when she was in her mommies’ belly. Please bring Vanessa back to her family that loves and misses her. Please bring Vanessa back to the only family she knows. The $10,000 reward is still available, you can take the money no questions asked, no charges will be brought against you. Please bring Vanessa back to us safely. “
Marissa Alter

Article from September 8:

Ansonia police are still investigating the little girl’s disappearance and believe she is alive. Authorities have asked anyone with information about her whereabouts to call Ansonia police at 203-735-1885 or the FBI at 1-800-225-5324.

Vanessa Morales, missing toddler, turns 2 years old

Jose Morales, father of Vanessa Morales, to get new lawyer in murder case

Nov. 5, 2021

MILFORD — Jose Morales says he’s getting a new lawyer.

The New Haven man accused of murder in the December 2019 death of Christine Holloway in Ansonia, whose daughter with Holloway has been missing for nearly two years, appeared in Superior Court Friday.

He is currently represented by the firm of Pattis and Smith. But Morales told Judge Peter Brown on Friday he has new representation.
[....]
The judge continued the case to Nov. 15 to see if Knight files paperwork to represent Morales.

9/11/23

The attorney for Jose Morales, the father of Vanessa Morales who is accused of killing the missing girl's mother, said Monday he has reviewed all the discovery in the murder case against Morales, which is extensive.

"We just had the last 15 discs turned over to us that we have gone through. There's about 220,000 pieces of evidence in this case, so we've had the opportunity to go through those," said attorney Ed Gavin during a brief hearing Monday.

Gavin told News 12 the case is still headed to trial, but there's no date yet because Judge Kevin Russo just took over the case and has to get caught up. Morales wore a cross in his first appearance before Russo Monday.

[..]

"I think it would be beneficial to everyone if we have the opportunity to meet with your honor on an afternoon and just bring you up to speed and get the court's thoughts in regard to scheduling the trial," Gavin said at the hearing, which Russo agreed to.

Morales is charged with the murder of Christine Holloway, whom police found beaten to death inside her home in Ansonia on Dec. 2, 2019. Her 1-year-old daughter Vanessa was nowhere to be found. Jose Morales was named the prime suspect in Vanessa Morales' disappearance but hasn't been charged. He told police he had nothing to do with what happened to his daughter or her mother, according to his arrest warrant.

"The defense has turned over a report to the state for its examination. Attorney Gavin and I have discussed the ramifications of that," Supervisory Assistant State's Attorney Howard Stein explained to Russo.

Gavin declined to say what the report is on but previously said his client was being examined.

Morales has pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and evidence tampering. His warrant said police discovered Jose Morales' hair in Holloway's hand and her blood on his shoes. Jose Morales also asked a friend to give him an alibi for the day Holloway died, but witnesses put him at Holloway's house right before she was killed, the warrant said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back