Custody Document: "To Determine Paternity & Parental Relief"

Somewhere in the same document, Crystal or her Mom say that they've been unable to contact RC. He says, "My phone number hasn't changed" or something to that effect. Then one of the women (Crystal or Marie) says, "You don't answer your phone." (not exact quote)

In Ron's extensive arrest records, there are notations on one of them where there were several attempts to contact Ron by phone, but the number was not working/not correct.

Thanks :) I was wondering if that could be quickly cleared up by the affidavit of service, and maybe why it seems it was a non issue for the judge?

Crystal was personally served the papers on October 5. She responded to those papers on October 18th. If the address was wrong or she moved after October 18th it was her responsibility to notify the court. She knew the action was being taken because she answered the petition which would of also included the address.

I'm curious, with the papers Crystal said she did not receive, are people saying the court served her, or that Ron did?

Thanks busy, and the affidavit should show where and how she was served any subsequent papers.

Betsy...:blowkiss: My family of origin and situation is much like yours and I have spent the last 33 years trying to shed light on the darkness that reigns in many homes. The fight is for those children that have no voice, stuck in the middle of living hell and no one will believe them or reach out and make a difference. No one knows what was actually happening in that home but RC, Misty, Haleigh and JR. Anyone who says they do is just plain short sighted and that is the great danger in all this. It appears from the outside one way, therefore it is, and the children go home everyday to a living hell.

My experience in telling the family secret is similar, the neighbors who had suspicions told themselves that it just couldn't be true that this type of evil exists in our area and the family shut the door and their minds to the crime. I thank God everyday for the social workers at DFCS and the legal system that saved my life and I pray that JR and Haleigh find the same type of heroes to protect them. I hope that Crystal learns from this experience and becomes a strong woman who can overcome the obstacles of her past and become the Mother that the children need. Come home Haleigh.

Oddly enough, the neighbors surrounding the home in which I grew up would all maintain that they "knew" my family, and that my father was a good father, and my mother a wonderful woman. In reality, my father was (and is) a sociopathic monster and my mother, while a loving and good woman, completely destroyed by alcoholism--to the point that she could not care for herself, let alone her family. (You would not believe the anger and hatred my siblings and I received for openly stating this when she was dying---not to harm her, but so that her physicians would be prepared to properly care for her when she withdrew from alcohol; these "close" friends and family---who knew nothing of what went on in our house---severed ties with us, rather than accept what was the real truth. And my mother? She died as a result of the denial of others. My sibs and I survived the santimony spurred by our desire to protect her well-being; she did not.)

Please, do not believe you know anything about what really goes on in the homes of others.

If you do, you will surely assume that my children--who are well-loved, well cared-for, well provided-for, and lack nothing they require and little of what they desire--are abused. Because gosh darn it, they can look pretty grubby by the end of a day. (Ironically, growing up in a house of dysfunction, we were, by all appearances, perfect. Why? Because appearances were prized above everything else. If we looked good, no one would ask questions.)

Betsy...:blowkiss: My family of origin and situation is much like yours and I have spent the last 33 years trying to shed light on the darkness that reigns in many homes. The fight is for those children that have no voice, stuck in the middle of living hell and no one will believe them or reach out and make a difference. No one knows what was actually happening in that home but RC, Misty, Haleigh and JR. Anyone who says they do is just plain short sighted and that is the great danger in all this. It appears from the outside one way, therefore it is, and the children go home everyday to a living hell.

My experience in telling the family secret is similar, the neighbors who had suspicions told themselves that it just couldn't be true that this type of evil exists in our area and the family shut the door and their minds to the crime. I thank God everyday for the social workers at DFCS and the legal system that saved my life and I pray that JR and Haleigh find the same type of heroes to protect them. I hope that Crystal learns from this experience and becomes a strong woman who can overcome the obstacles of her past and become the Mother that the children need. Come home Haleigh.

I think we could say the same... that no one knows what went on in
Crystal and Chad's home with those two kids!
Kids can be abused and neglected by their non custodial parents too!
I've seen it happen!

I understand your point, completely...however, there is no proof he did any of this. They are all allegations, by CS and CSs family. The only proof we have is CS. MOO It is apparent she likes to point the finger when the outcome is not in her favor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki the parrot
And I'm sorry but for the life of me I can't figure out what bashing the mother has to do w finding Haleigh, solving her disappearance, or this thread. I'm not going to judge or diminish another woman's experience when I haven't walked in her shoes, or deem whether or not this mother is a "real" mother, held up well enough to abuse she and others state was inflicted upon her, or responded to circumstances in the way I think she should have because not only would it be self-righteous but because it's irrelevant to this case. Accounts of whether dad was using or dealing drugs eg; and in particular whether he ever made threats, was volatile, may have been abusive or had an explosive temper however are all risk factors, relevant to the case--and to this thread.[/I] JMO

:parrot:

I think the proof we have is a 911 call full of threats toward an intruder at the risk of the lives of any LE in a patrol car that he threatens to blow the window out of while he is murdering the trash that took Haleigh, and without concern for the consequences, and the verbal abuse toward Misty. He made threats, and was volatile, so much so that the responding officer couldn't get him to answer questions and had to go to Misty to get answers to his questions. If he is this way at 25 years old, then how much more at 22. moo

I want to correct my posts:'
I have been harping on several threads about Ron and his address being wrong on the custody petition, well, I am wrong. When I first researched Shoreline ave. I could not find it in Satsuma but I did find it in Palatki.

Well, guess what? There is a Shoreline Ave in Satsuma too. In fact it is a beautiful large well-maintined home on the canal with lots of trees an brush. I don't know why TN moved from there but maybe the owner wanted the house back.

So...I stand corrected and am sorry for misleading.

I found an interesting document online while doing a search. It contained things I haven't ever read or heard before and I thought it may be useful to read and understand the family and background.

Here is a link to the PDF file in html format

Here is a link to the PDF

Lots to discuss here...

Thank you Thank you ..... I looked at him and his family and figured he was a doper and wasnt too sure of the paternal grandmother. NG should of looked into this before airing them on her show..maybe that is another reason she stopped airing them! Sad Sad Sad little Haleigh is the innocent bystander here.......

The first thing that jumps out at me concerning this petition is the address of RC. I tried to look up that Shoreline address, where he says he lives with his mother. It doesn't exist! It is not in Satsuma as he stated; but in Palatki. Now why was this done?

Second, Crystal did respond and did oppose the procedures in her September serving. From my understanding, during September and December 2005, she moved. She claims to not have received the order to appear. Can not confirm this but it does sound correct since she had already provided a written response of denial.

Third, the fact that she did not talk much on the phone to a sixteen month old and her infant brother should not be a reason to grant custody due to not much communication. It was affirmed she had visited them the week prior.

In my opinion, the judge was swayed by the fact that RC stated he was living with his mother who works within the sheriff's department.

I agree to a point ..... Could someone tell me how RC got out of all this alleged drug charges? He has quite a record here! Also, I can believe she was abused and pushed to try cocaine.... Since he is a user ..... Also, she could be very scared of him and can not afford a good attorney to represent her. I can believe this also.... I can believe that the system failed her, it does happen .... BUT most importantly it failed Haleigh ...

For the good of the board I am going to say something:

I was once involved with a high level dealer. He was abusive, manipulative and very cruel. The whole community thought he was a King! They loved him. His abuse was usually mental, verbal and when physical - done in a way no one would see the bruises. He strangled my cat when I threatened to leave him. He planted dope at my parent's house and threatened to call the cops if I ever left him. He slashed my tires when I visited a friend. A dealer is WAY too selfish to take a child. They also have some off set of unwritten morals about children. BUT a coke head will lie, cheat and steal. Several times I found myself next to him in court because of something stupid he did and he lied his way out of it every time. He worked once in awhile if he thought the law was close - but always at a night job with a time clock - that way he could come and go as he pleased. I remember he laughed once because he "worked a week" and never actually showed up. He loved to abuse the system as much as he love to abuse women. He had lots of girlfriends on the sly - and keep them that way by introducing them to coke and keeping them doped up. Cheap dope.

The lesson here is about coke heads and crack heads - they are merciless. They are very manipulative. I have watched them in court (friends of his) as they vouch for each other and about how great they are as fathers - and each one of them walked away with the child or children in question as the mothers cried. Each one of them said the woman did drugs - and proved it with their witnesses even though the man was the one that introduced her to drugs, hooked her and then decided he no longer wanted her problem around - so he takes his kids and goes. There is something in the dope world about being responsible for your kids (it is a shame if the woman wins custody) even though YOU DO NOT WANT THE RESPONSIBILITY. It is like a game to them. They win the kids, get a new woman to watch them, more kids come along, he tires of that woman and the story goes on. It is considered "low" if you do not fight and WIN custody of your children.

Funny thing, I remember how many times we went to court because of him or for him to testify on someone's behalf and what a shock to see a lawyer that he had recently provided coke to or a police officer that he bought a kilo of weed from. No wonder the courts always shined in his direction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back