Darlie on Discovery ID - Deadly Women

I can't take that clip seriously with that guy who is supposed to be Darin!! Wow!

The motive offered was that Darin was a loving father and Darlie resented the attention he gave the boys. Also, that taking care of the boys was too time consuming and Darlie could not go out and do what she wanted. Money was a factor too. Patricia Springer was interviewed and still insisted that Devon was stabbed so hard the knife penetrated his body went thru the carpet and padding and nicked the concrete floor. Fallacy. While I 100% believe Darlie to be guilty, this show gets an F- in my book.

I agree 100% It was pretty lame.

Wow the producers/writers of Deadly Women showed Darlie as being alot more "well off" than I had thought. I think some of us here at WS could have created a better episode.

]I can't take that clip seriously with that guy who is supposed to be Darin!! Wow![/quote]

How about Darlie in a tee shirt and boxers and her putting the knife back in the drawer????

]I can't take that clip seriously with that guy who is supposed to be Darin!! Wow!

How about Darlie in a tee shirt and boxers and her putting the knife back in the drawer????[/QUOTE]

I caught that when she put the knife back in the drawer. I also heard her called Dolly instead of Darlie.

scene starts with darlie covered in blood. actor darin in a horrible wig runs down and
scene starts with darin (in a really bad wig) saying "they are not breathing" darlie calls 911 covered in blood.
flash to scene of darlie walking out of her house to her backyard BBQ. she and darin are portrayed as quite rich. in scene darlie is bragging about vacation to cancun saying 5 star hotel and only the best for her. darin comes over and grabs her boob while a voiceover states darin loved his wife's man-made attributes. it is explained he often bragged of her beauty and breasts.
next scene it shows the boys playing..states darlie had 3rd son who made her stay at home mom which she resented. shows her yelling at the boys.
darin is portrayed a the loving parent. he comes home and says hello to the boys. darlie begins to argue why did he say hello to the boys 1st and not her. darlie starts yelling at darin she is stuck home with screaming boys all day.
DA states darlie tried to portray perfect life.
next scene darin is quizzing darlie over purchases saying they cant afford them. voiceover says business is no longer booming. lavish lifestyle is slipping away.
jag broke, darlie stuck home. darlie then says to darin (while chopping with a knife) she longs for the day of no obligation.
we are told darlie needs someone to blame for her predicament. cut to scene of boys on trampoline as she looks at them. PPD now mentioned. DA says darlie is looking for freedom. - voiceover says in her mind there is only one way...
now its the night of murders..darin apologizes to darlie for arguing and darlie says she is sick of not being able to spend money. she demands darin get them out of debt. we are told theglamorous mother of 3 is in debt,depressed and arguing a lot with darin.
her life was falling apart until the stress caused her to explode that evening.
2am - darlie sleeping in family room with Devon and Damon. Darlie gets up from couch..get knife..approaches boys...killed Devon. (knife with such force blade went thru carpet pad to concrete per author..) darlie then turns to Damon. shows her stabbing. DA says Damon struggled and moved toward the staircase. author says he crawled 15 feet to door where struck again. we are told Damon would be alive and aware of his horror. darlie puts knife in drawer, somehow grabs knife again and slits throat over sink and yells for darin. - back to bad wig of darin screaming call 911. DA says strangest 911 call he ever heard. darlie talks of picking up knife but does not talk about children. profiler says in 911 call you just say hurry get here and that darlie talked too much.
rowlett is shocked. silly string incident shown. DA states darlie was laughing. profiler says she was dressed inappropriately and for darlie that was ok, helps profiler to now see how was able to kill her kids.
investigators doubt darlie story. LE Nabors said things didn't add up to her story. they conclude invasion was staged. show darlie cutting T-cut in screen. DA is baffled by that. darlie says she chased intruder. DA points out being barefoot and no cuts on her feet from broken glass.
murder weapon is Routier kitchen knife,. DA never heard of intruder disarming himself while fleeing. hasn't seen it since either.
wounds considered as superficial as her story.
wraps up by saying she was arrested. darin refuses to believe her guilt and supports her.
darlie guilty of TWO counts of capitol murder and sentenced to death row. jury places boys photos in darlie's sight as verdict was announced.
darlie lives in DR awaiting execution.

the end

profiler ends by saying society thinks having and raising children is "it" but it isn't for everyone and it wasn't for darlie.

(and yes..lol DeLong does call her Dolly by mistake once and darlie is dressed in tshirt and boxers in this show - shows her in kitchen holding rag and not attending to boys buy doesn't really say anything about it

I was disapointed as well. Is it because we know minute details that others who don't follow these crimes? IDK? I also have to say when you don't know all of the small details of a case they feature, it all makes sense, which is the reason we love this show.
Hubby watched along with me the whole show and kept saying "how can anyone do that, specially when their looking at you".

I was disapointed as well. Is it because we know minute details that others who don't follow these crimes? IDK? I also have to say when you don't know all of the small details of a case they feature, it all makes sense, which is the reason we love this show.
Hubby watched along with me the whole show and kept saying "how can anyone do that, specially when their looking at you".

I've always liked deadly women but i have notice after each segment i end up googling the criminal and finding the real story. there is always much missing. i guess it is hard to inform the details of an entire case and crime in 10 minutes. i have decided the show would be much better if it focused on 1 or 2 women per show and really got into the case and have the profiler actually be more informed and discuss more of why the woman would do what she did and choose the manner she did. Candice DeLongs observations are so pat and standard i think i could even offer profiling in that show. im sure she is great at what she does but i always wonder how much she knows about the actual cases she discusses.

How about Darlie in a tee shirt and boxers and her putting the knife back in the drawer????

I caught that when she put the knife back in the drawer. I also heard her called Dolly instead of Darlie.[/QUOTE]

Did you see the look on the actor's face? LOL We know Darlie didn't/doesn't look like that.

What happened to the facebook page?

I caught that when she put the knife back in the drawer. I also heard her called Dolly instead of Darlie.

Did you see the look on the actor's face? LOL We know Darlie didn't/doesn't look like that.

What happened to the facebook page?[/QUOTE]

Another thing that was missing was the jewelry sitting on the counter.
When the show started her jewelry was sure flashing on her fingers and I was thinking that they would show her removing it before she started her stabbing spree.

I'll have to watch it again to hear the Dolly part. Isn't funny that she's everything but a doll.

ETA: What is up with the quote button, it dosen't capture the whole post?

What happened to the facebook page?[/QUOTE]

When they first showed the actress that was playing Darlie I kept thinking I was about to watch an episode of the Real Housewifes of Beverly Hills with the way they were portraying Darlie. What facebook page?

Well, I was bummed out because I missed it... I don't feel so bummed now! Thanks for letting the rest of us know what happened, though. I was sooo curious what they were going to say.

I just lost my whole post, hate it when that happens.

I was laughing at the Real Housewives comment.

We have a facebook page, Darlie Routier is Guilty and now I can't find it.

I've always liked deadly women but i have notice after each segment i end up googling the criminal and finding the real story. there is always much missing. i guess it is hard to inform the details of an entire case and crime in 10 minutes. i have decided the show would be much better if it focused on 1 or 2 women per show and really got into the case and have the profiler actually be more informed and discuss more of why the woman would do what she did and choose the manner she did. Candice DeLongs observations are so pat and standard i think i could even offer profiling in that show. im sure she is great at what she does but i always wonder how much she knows about the actual cases she discusses.

You know I have wondered the exact same thing about Candice DeLong. She is the person who called Darlie Dolly. I had to laugh at that one. I can't believe the producers of the show didn't catch that before they aired it. Candice does talk a good game but I do wonder how much she really does know about the cases and the people involved with them. I was shocked to find out Candice is 61 years old. She doesn't look 61 to me.

I just lost my whole post, hate it when that happens.

I was laughing at the Real Housewives comment.

We have a facebook page, Darlie Routier is Guilty and now I can't find it.

I haven't been on facebook in a long time so I'm not sure what happened to the page. Sorry you lost your post but I couldn't help but think that they were really trying to work Darlie as being like one of the women from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Trust me Darlie isn't even close to comparing to any of those women. Darlie is in a league of her own....the baby killer league. Heck she could be their "mother ship" since she had to brutally stab her kids to death. I still will never understand why she decided to stab them. You know she must have just snapped that night because she really made so many mistakes on trying to cover up her crime. The biggest mistake from the beginning was using her own kitchen knife as the weapon. The only criminal I can even think of that wouldn't bring their own weapon was Tommy Lynn Sells.
All the other women they showed on Deadley Women with Darlie all killed their kids with guns, not that killing them with a gun is any better but it has to be a less painful death than being stabbed to death. Poor little Damon had the worst death if you ask me because he didn't die right away and he surley saw that it was his own mother stabbing him while he was defenseless. Darlie is one sick puppy and still has the guts to sit on death row and still claim she didn't do it. She should confess already and maybe they would reduce her sentence to LWP. I still think she is gonna start spilling the beans on what really happened that night once they schedule her execution date.

the story they showed about the woman who shot her children said it happened in texas as well. she has already been executed. she claimed innocence until the end. did not request a last meal and knocked out a nurse on the way to the chamber.

I don't remember what day but ID did the top deadly women and casey was number 1!

Interesting. The countdown I saw didn't have KC on it at all. I'm trying to find a link to that particular episode, but having trouble just finding the list. Here's a link to the majority of women they have featured. I doubt if KC will be on this particular show, but she'll probably be on Snapped at the least. I can't stand to look at her in a still photo, let alone a one hour TV show.

I did see KC on a top ten where she was number one, but it was a top ten of people who got away with murder. She was number one and OJ was number two.

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv/deadly-women/profiles/

i watch deadly women regularly and have been intrigued by the profile discussion. saw the darlie episode last weekend (catching up on recorded programs) and found half of the info to be contrary to other things have read about the case. i now question the integrity of all the episodes.

the story they showed about the woman who shot her children said it happened in texas as well. she has already been executed. she claimed innocence until the end. did not request a last meal and knocked out a nurse on the way to the chamber.

OH that was Frances Newton I believe, She shot her children and husband. She was executed a few years ago.

OH that was Frances Newton I believe, She shot her children and husband. She was executed a few years ago.

yup. i think her, betty lou beets and karla fay tucker are the only once that have been executed in a really long time. is that correct?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back