Darlie on Discovery ID - Deadly Women

Hi everyone
Can someone please point me in the direction of any new threads on Darlie? (sorry If I am posting in wrong place)
I am new to Web Sleuths and in Australia.. I saw a show on her a week ago called "On death row" I have since been reading as much as I can on this woman, watching youtube and reading some of the transcripts.. its fascinating..
I believe our version of the death row show was quite different to the American version.. Darlie talks about life in prison a bit more.. that she gets to watch tv, because she works. I found her behaviour odd.. she talks really slowly and dramatically pauses before she answers. I'm not a mother.. but if I were her, even 19 years later.. I would use any media attention possible to be telling people that the killer is still at large.. find him etc etc???
I believe she is guilty.. but like everyone.. have quite a few unanswered questions.
In particular, what was Darrin's involvement? (if any), and the sock?, and lack of motive? bother me. Also I read her court transcript and she reads her diary entries.. her entries do not sound like an evil woman at all.. quite the opposite... she speaks of her love for her sons and Darin a lot. Also neighbours like the 12 year old girl (Rebecca?) were over at her place all the time.. if she was such a horrible person.. I'm sure this young girl would not want to be anywhere near her. I have concluded (my opinion only) that she planned on killing her boys and then herself that night.. but she couldn't go through with her own suicide. I am actually surprised that the prosecutors did not use this scenario.. given that a month beforehand they had evidence she was talking about suicide.. these feelings do not just disappear over night!
Regardless of all these unanswered questions, I believe she is where she should be (hard to fathom she has been there since 1997!) and I myself believe in the death penalty.. I wish we had it here in Australia.

Thanks for your post, Adub, and for the info about the television show. Really, this is the best site for objective information and debate about the case. Some of the pro-Darlie sites are full of completely false "facts" that don't match the trial transcripts nor the evidence. They basically rely on conspiracy theories.

Others have speculated that Darlie tried to commit suicide, but I don't think too many people have ever tried to kill themselves by slashing their throats. If she had been in that mindset, she would have been in despair and a mental fog (like others in that situation have demonstrated). Instead, she went straight into cover-up mode with lies and staging. She obviously planted/discarded the sock (for whatever reason) and cut the screen before she slashed herself, as her blood was not around those sites. She may have been fake-shrieking, but she was neither in despair nor in a mental fog on the 911 call. Instead, she was trying to convince the operator and Darin there was an intruder.

Thanks for your post, Adub, and for the info about the television show. Really, this is the best site for objective information and debate about the case. Some of the pro-Darlie sites are full of completely false "facts" that don't match the trial transcripts nor the evidence. They basically rely on conspiracy theories.

Others have speculated that Darlie tried to commit suicide, but I don't think too many people have ever tried to kill themselves by slashing their throats. If she had been in that mindset, she would have been in despair and a mental fog (like others in that situation have demonstrated). Instead, she went straight into cover-up mode with lies and staging. She obviously planted/discarded the sock (for whatever reason) and cut the screen before she slashed herself, as her blood was not around those sites. She may have been fake-shrieking, but she was neither in despair nor in a mental fog on the 911 call. Instead, she was trying to convince the operator and Darin there was an intruder.

New television show, Sunday, July 12th, Death Row Stories on CNN will feature Darlie.

The more I read, the more I keep changing my mind about why she possibly did it.. I think everyone can argue till the cows come home but the only person who knows is Darlie (and possibly to some extent Darin). I am a former paramedic, and now an RN.. I have seen many many people hurt themselves very seriously, and one person who slashed their own throat similar to Darlie (very close to the carotid).. so I disagree that people aren't likely to kill themselves this way.. but I do believe its more the route that men take.. women normally take pills or something much less violent. Possibly if it was a murder/suicide plan she wanted to make it look like an intruder did it.. so Darin wouldn't blame her.. but that is a bit far fetched. I just can't comprehend what she gained from doing it.. although in the silly string video she appears to me to be happy and relieved to not have the burden of the boys anymore.

I heard there is a new show on her this weekend? I am unsure if there is any way I'll be able to see it since I'm in Australia!

Does anyone know if Drake has ever publically said anything about his mother or if her visits her?.. I understand he has been through cancer.. my heart goes out to him, he has been through so much.

The more I read, the more I keep changing my mind about why she possibly did it.. I think everyone can argue till the cows come home but the only person who knows is Darlie (and possibly to some extent Darin). I am a former paramedic, and now an RN.. I have seen many many people hurt themselves very seriously, and one person who slashed their own throat similar to Darlie (very close to the carotid).. so I disagree that people aren't likely to kill themselves this way.. but I do believe its more the route that men take.. women normally take pills or something much less violent. Possibly if it was a murder/suicide plan she wanted to make it look like an intruder did it.. so Darin wouldn't blame her.. but that is a bit far fetched. I just can't comprehend what she gained from doing it.. although in the silly string video she appears to me to be happy and relieved to not have the burden of the boys anymore.

I heard there is a new show on her this weekend? I am unsure if there is any way I'll be able to see it since I'm in Australia!

Does anyone know if Drake has ever publically said anything about his mother or if her visits her?.. I understand he has been through cancer.. my heart goes out to him, he has been through so much.

IMO she did it simply because she's a sociopath. Sociopaths act impulsively, don't feel remorse and don't have rational motives. They think they can get away with anything. She was angry, sick of taking care of the kids, depressed, stirred up on diet pills and selfish. She certainly had no empathy for those kids as they lay dead or dying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back