DA's objectivity

Great, now I'm in suspense.

Agree with me or not, Roy, I will do my best not to disappoint.

I realize you believe that, Roy. But you must understand that a statement like that immediately begs the question: if he didn't need to do all that, WHY did he do it in the first place?

I get your point here Dave and it is noted. But most likely and I know you probably know this is true, his attorneys (a whole bunch of them) are pulling all these strings behind the scenes. They are *advertiser censored* just like most of the others involved in this case. And that includes Steve Thomas as well. Whether the Ramsey's are guilty or not, there was a major witch hunt going on and the evidence points to both sides.

I get your point here Dave and it is noted.

Very good.

But most likely and I know you probably know this is true, his attorneys (a whole bunch of them) are pulling all these strings behind the scenes.

That's probably true, but to me, it's kind of a "what did you know, and when did you know it" deal.

They are *advertiser censored* just like most of the others involved in this case.

You really shouldn't say that. It's isn't fair to the *advertiser censored*!

And that includes Steve Thomas as well.

How do you figure? And keep in mind, I'm no groupie. The shine has gone a bit off that apple, far as I go.

Whether the Ramsey's are guilty or not, there was a major witch hunt going on and the evidence points to both sides.

Roy, that "witch hunt" jazz is wasted on me. I'm not trying to start a fight here, but when you have the kinds of things I've been describing since this thread started, that's a pretty hard sell, at least with me.

Very good.

That's probably true, but to me, it's kind of a "what did you know, and when did you know it" deal.

You really shouldn't say that. It's isn't fair to the *advertiser censored*!

How do you figure? And keep in mind, I'm no groupie. The shine has gone a bit off that apple, far as I go.

Roy, that "witch hunt" jazz is wasted on me. I'm not trying to start a fight here, but when you have the kinds of things I've been describing since this thread started, that's a pretty hard sell, at least with me.

Dave,

I am not saying a witch hunt is going on right now. It wasn't long after the JBR was found that a whole bunch of people started acting unethical. If you want to throw the Ramsey's and/or their attorney's in there too, fine. LE is giving secrets to the press. One thing to remember is that the problems that LE had with the DA's office is not the fault of anyone but the City of Boulder. LE was trying to save face and protect themselves because they did mess up. John Ramsey wasn't making anyone in Boulder government do anything. This isn't watergate. The Ramsey's, whether guilty or not, did not deserve to be tried by the media. Here in America, it is supposed to happen in a court room.

But like I said, I look forward to what you got.

Dave,

I am not saying a witch hunt is going on right now.

Didn't say you did. My point was that the idea that there ever was one in this case is, to me, laughable.

It wasn't long after the JBR was found that a whole bunch of people started acting unethical. If you want to throw the Ramsey's and/or their attorney's in there too, fine.

You better believe I do, pilgrim.

LE is giving secrets to the press. One thing to remember is that the problems that LE had with the DA's office is not the fault of anyone but the City of Boulder.

I've been saying that for years.

LE was trying to save face and protect themselves because they did mess up. John Ramsey wasn't making anyone in Boulder government do anything.

True, the Haddon firm was.

This isn't watergate.

You're right; in many ways, it's a whole lot worse.

The Ramsey's, whether guilty or not, did not deserve to be tried by the media. Here in America, it is supposed to happen in a court room.

Quite so. But as I said, it probably would have ended with a plea. And we'll be talking about that eventually.

But like I said, I look forward to what you got.

I'll do my best.

Didn't say you did. My point was that the idea that there ever was one in this case is, to me, laughable.

You better believe I do, pilgrim.

I've been saying that for years.

True, the Haddon firm was.

You're right; in many ways, it's a whole lot worse.

Quite so. But as I said, it probably would have ended with a plea. And we'll be talking about that eventually.

I'll do my best.

Ok, comparing it to Watergate so I need to do one thing. No more being argumentitive from me. I am going to shutup and listen. I am sure you must have something pretty concrete to throw that out there.

Ok, comparing it to Watergate so I need to do one thing. No more being argumentitive from me. I am going to shutup and listen. I am sure you must have something pretty concrete to throw that out there.

Well, first of all, I think we need to clear something up here. My point in posting the various quotes here was not so much to cast a shadow of guilt on the Rs although I suppose it COULD do that in a direct way. It was to show that the DA's office behaved inappropriately in regard to them and in so doing damaged this case, perhaps irreparably.

As for comparing it to Watergate, I wasn't comparing it to Watergate literally, Roy. No need to trouble yourself on my account.

I simply meant that nobody got killed in Watergate. I was speaking from a moral standpoint, not a legal one so much.

Hi Guyz.

SD, I always enjoy your discussions with Hotyh, even if I'm uncertain of the conclusions drawn, I never fail to learn 'something' or be reminded of or reconsider something I've previously read.

Is the 'interchange' of hired PI or personnel between a legal firm representing a POI and DA such a rarity?

Hi Guyz.

SD, I always enjoy your discussions with Hotyh, even if I'm uncertain of the conclusions drawn, I never fail to learn 'something' or be reminded of or reconsider something I've previously read.

Is the 'interchange' of hired PI or personnel between a legal firm representing a POI and DA such a rarity?

Let me say this, Tadpole. From Day One, regardless of where I stood, this case has been an education, and a very unpleasant one.

It's not that unusual for prosecutors and defenders to interact with one another. What is unusual here is that before this case even happened, members of the DA's office were business partners with members of the Haddon firm. Alex Hunter himself was part owner of a shopping mall with them. So far, I've been pretty hard-pressed to find an instance where the prime suspects were given such kid-glove treatment or where such blatant dirty tricks were performed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back