Day 2 The Pineapple in the Bowl/ 12 Days of JonBenet

I'm just curious and I was wondering if someone can explain. In Tricia's first post of this thread, the quote from PMPT says :

"The police had to piece together the findings of the various pathologists, who had explained to them that when food is swallowed,"

Why did they have to piece together findings from the various pathologists? Is this common to do? Did they cherry pick what they liked from different reports?

Thanks!

From the acandyrose site:

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-pineapple.htm

“The police had to piece together the findings of the various pathologists, who had explained to them that when

PMPT Page 558

food is swallowed, it goes first to the stomach, then passes to the duodenum, and from there to the lower small intestine. Eventually, the digested food passes into the large bowel, from which it exits. Food found in the stomach and intestines can sometimes be used to estimate the time of ingestion and to narrow the time of death.

In the Ramseys' dining room, just steps away from the kitchen, the police had found a bowl with fresh pineapple in it. Meyer noted in his report that the pineapple in JonBenet's small intestine was in near-perfect condition-it had sharp edges and looked as if it had been recently eaten and poorly chewed.

Based on the condition of the pineapple in her intestine, the experts estimated that JonBenet had eaten it an hour and a half or two hours before she died, most likely after the family returned home that night. However, one Boulder medical examiner stated it could have been eaten as early as 4:30 p.M. - before the Ramseys left their home for a dinner at the Whites. If JonBenet had eaten the pineapple after 10:30 P.M., that made the approximate time, of death not earlier than midnight."​

So refresh my memory...BR opened gifts that were intended for Michigan? Were they for him and JBR or others? And who said when he opened them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jillyr1059,
BBM: Who knows. From memory, Kolar cited this in his book.

There's no question being asked...

Other than REALLY?

Okay yes, really. That's really what they said.

That's not what happened of course, but that's what they said and they've stuck with it.

Either Patsy or Burke fed some pineapple to JBR after they got home from the Xmas party. Both Patsy & Burke touched the bowl, although probably not right at the same time. The bowl was left out. Pineapple was found in JBR's small intestine during autopsy.

And that's pretty much that with the pineapple.

The first photo definitely shows the tiara lying by the blanket (assumedly) in the WC. The second shows two tiaras by a framed sketch of JonBenet, perhaps in her room or in the area with her trophies on the third floor?

otg,
I tried to PM you , but was told due to popular acclaim and universal demand you have no free space left, until you clean up, etc.

If she ate it before the party why not just say so? Why act like the pineapple osmosed itself into her stomach?
Because she ate it that NIGHT and you told the cops she was asleep and carried to bed. Distancing yourself from the crime.

Whenever the pineapple is mentioned it reminds me of JR's initial statement that he read books (or a book) to JBR before bed. Of course, this is later denied and the story "she was carried" to bed replaced it. Most sound folks don't read to a sleeping child and sleeping children don't eat pineapple.

Your BDI theory is pretty solid, rojamom - thanks for sharing! If BDI, I think that sequence of events and motive is the most plausible.

However, I still think PR was lying about the pineapple because BR would have had to tell his parents what happened. And that's why I tend to not think that the pineapple really had anything to do with the crime - there's no way that PR and JR go to the trouble of destroying or hiding other evidence and forget about the flashlight that caused her head injury and the pineapple that caused the argument and ultimately led to her death. JMO!

Flashlight............O/T. IIRC it was completely clean, even the batteries.........................weapon??? I always thought so JMOO
pineapple 1 piece....little?..........odd to me, kids usually eat allot if they love it........

2. Remember the 'too big spoon'? The photo of the pineapple bowl shows a huge spoon - like a serving spoon - in the bowl. And patsy claimed she would never serve a bowl of food that way (for shame!)
But it does seem like something a kid would do.
Could this have been the catalyst? Something along the lines of, "What are you kids doing, you need to be in bed! We have to get up early in the morning!" BR high tails it to his room, but JBR is frozen in fear of psycho mom. PR grabs her by the collar, causing the triangle shaped bruise at her neck, and JBR is so scared she wets and/or soils herself and that's when PR loses it completely, grabs the first thing she sees (Maglight flashlight?) and eventually bashes her over the head.
I know ST believes the attack occurred in JB's bedroom/bathroom, but perhaps the pineapple was part of it too.
It just begs the Q why wouldn't she distance herself from the pineapple by cleaning it up. Perhaps she was so blinded by her exhaustion that she figured it could work in concert with an intruder fantasy.

YouWho, at this point, your scenario is as good as any. SOMETHING set it off, for sure.

jillyr1059,
BBM: Who knows. From memory, Kolar cited this in his book.

My point being, if he was opening his presents and JBR threatened to tattle on him that would be motive for him hitting her in the head....maybe with a handy golf club(which he had done previously in Michigan)

My kids snuck all their presents out from under the tree one year and opened them, re-sealed them and put them back under the tree.

The next year I kept presents in my car trunk until Christmas!!!!! Loll

WOW. Thank you, everyone, for your continued participation. After almost 20 years it is great to see this forum as busy as can be.

Oh man the pineapple. I remember when I first heard about this, it was the thing that sealed it for me.

I remember one day I was walking in to work and Patsy was sitting on a bench outside eating ice cream. I gasped when I saw her. I wanted so badly to ask her what the heck happened. It was about a year after the whole thing happened.

Tadpole12,
This makes you wonder. 20-years and no mention then a picture appears, I'll bet its Kolar who added the tiara, we have to be authentic, etc.

A Tiara, pink barbie nightgown, along with size-12's just what was Patsy on?

Whatever it was, I could have used some Monday night!

All kidding aside, let's just wait and see before our imaginations run away with us.

I'm just curious and I was wondering if someone can explain. In Tricia's first post of this thread, the quote from PMPT says :

"The police had to piece together the findings of the various pathologists, who had explained to them that when food is swallowed,"

Why did they have to piece together findings from the various pathologists? Is this common to do? Did they cherry pick what they liked from different reports?

Thanks!

If I had to guess, I'd say that they were seeing what opinions overlapped. It's sort of like eyewitness testimony: what does everyone agree on? Just a guess.

WOW. Thank you, everyone, for your continued participation. After almost 20 years it is great to see this forum as busy as can be.

The RST must be stopped...no matter the cost.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/182273701892

Found this on Ebay. Signed by Steve Thomas. The p.s. he wrote is very interesting. I couldn't get a screenshot. Hope this is okay to mention. Did not know where to post as it is current.

Hope this works.

I saw it. Like he said, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was a lot tougher than the Boulder hippies.

True enough. And it may be right, from what you've all posted. It wouldn't leave much doubt Patsy was involved, would it? JB was buried with a tiara, wasn't she? I can't remember if she was or if I just heard that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115
Back