Day Number 1 What Convinces You There Was No Intruder/12 Days of JonBenet

Not true. Its what makes the Ramseys stance on an intruder and Smit's elaborate creation of the intruder fantasy so sickening.

John immediately tried to distance the family from the window. He told a preposterous story that would never hold up to close scrutiny. Enter stage right Lou Smit who throws John a lifeline in the nick of time....a phantom intruder who can kill three birds with one stone....it explains the broken window, the open window, and the contents of the suitcase gets morphed into a red herring.

John can see what is going on and simply runs with this new and improved fantasy intruder that stumbles out of Smit's imagination even though it goes against John's own statements on this subject. The fact Smit wont even acknowledge John's 180 with a dose of faux outrage is a sign this is not on the up and up and would never pass a kosher smell test.

The moment Smit and Kane start dancing with John, holding his hand, and leading him through this fantasy is when the feds should've started knocking on all their doors sniffing for collusion.

You nailed the description!

Smit fed John the script. JR kept trying to tell Smit about the chair blocking the door but Smit told John that didn't make sense for the intruder to block the door outside of the room the phantom is exiting. Smit knew what he was doing. Then, Smit pressed the mythical intruder even further and filed a lawsuit so he could make a presentation of his findings to the Grand Jury.

Suffice it to say, the best thing JonBenet got out of Smit was when he sold copies of the CS images so the public could view them. That proved his lack of integrity and cemented him to infamy as the ex-cop who created an intruder and sold copies of images from a child's ongoing murder investigation.

Smit really had no shame. he also had a LOT of nerve. He's not even really trying to hide what he was doing. You can see it unfolding in the interviews and his 'performances' in certain documentaries just as bad but he had an advantage in those....majority of people watching them are people with casual interest in the case. A situation that allows propaganda to be pushed through with no resistance and never having to defend his positions.

Notice in any IDI propaganda film how all personal issues that point in the Ramseys direction are conveniently ignored. Smit was a double whammy....creates suspects and scenarios out of thin air while ignoring most of the evidence. he then had an IDI army online to carry his torch of disingenuity and create a huge smokescreen of doubt. Those at the top of that poisonous food chain(Smit and a woman whose name escapes me) profited from dancing on a child's grave while their mindless pods did most of the dirty work.

There will never be another case like this.

Not true. Its what makes the Ramseys stance on an intruder and Smit's elaborate creation of the intruder fantasy so sickening.

John immediately tried to distance the family from the window. He told a preposterous story that would never hold up to close scrutiny. Enter stage right Lou Smit who throws John a lifeline in the nick of time....a phantom intruder who can kill three birds with one stone....it explains the broken window, the open window, and the contents of the suitcase gets morphed into a red herring.

John can see what is going on and simply runs with this new and improved fantasy intruder that stumbles out of Smit's imagination even though it goes against John's own statements on this subject. The fact Smit wont even acknowledge John's 180 with a dose of faux outrage is a sign this is not on the up and up and would never pass a kosher smell test.

The moment Smit and Kane start dancing with John, holding his hand, and leading him through this fantasy is when the feds should've started knocking on all their doors sniffing for collusion.

Sniffing? I'd have put 'em through the wringer. And boy, the things I'd squeeze out.

Smit really had no shame. he also had a LOT of nerve. He's not even really trying to hide what he was doing. You can see it unfolding in the interviews and his 'performances' in certain documentaries just as bad but he had an advantage in those....majority of people watching them are people with casual interest in the case. A situation that allows propaganda to be pushed through with no resistance and never having to defend his positions.

He admitted it publicly. He said that if someone had done to his case what he did to this one, he'd be mad, too.

Those at the top of that poisonous food chain(Smit and a woman whose name escapes me) profited from dancing on a child's grave while their mindless pods did most of the dirty work.

It doesn't escape me. I know who you're talking about.

LORD, I sure hope not!

Notice in any IDI propaganda film how all personal issues that point in the Ramseys direction are conveniently ignored. Smit was a double whammy....creates suspects and scenarios out of thin air while ignoring most of the evidence. he then had an IDI army online to carry his torch of disingenuity and create a huge smokescreen of doubt. Those at the top of that poisonous food chain(Smit and a woman whose name escapes me) profited from dancing on a child's grave while their mindless pods did most of the dirty work.

Smit was brought out of retirement to investigate one of the hottest murders of the century. Smit actually was a lifetime fraud. He lied about his height on his law enforcement application.

One of his theories about the pineapple was that JonBenet had a plastic bowl in her room and he suspected it once held the pineapple snack that the intruder fed to her. He must think the rest of us are stupid or will be in a minute.

Smit was brought out of retirement to investigate one of the hottest murders of the century. Smit actually was a lifetime fraud. He lied about his height on his law enforcement application.

That's right!!! He had someone hit him to create a bump that would allow him to meet the height requirement. What a charlatan!

He admitted it publicly. He said that if someone had done to his case what he did to this one, he'd be mad, too.
Do you remember which doc or news program he made this statement?

One of his theories about the pineapple was that JonBenet had a plastic bowl in her room and he suspected it once held the pineapple snack that the intruder fed to her. He must think the rest of us are stupid or will be in a minute.
While I wont defend Lou, this is one time I'd give him a pass. She did have that tupperware container in her room and since LE didn't seize it as evidence(idiots), and since we have no way of knowing what was in it, any guess is as good as the next.

Obviously no intruder fed her anything but in the offchance it did have pineapple in it(unlikely I know), it would've been a game changer to an extent....at least concerning the focus on the bowl of pineapple.

I still find it hard to believe no one opened that container.

The ransom note bothers me also, and always has. It is well known that most, if all ransom notes are short and to the point. This one was, what, three pages long? What kind of idiot intruder is going to stick around that long to start a practice note, and then write one out? That kind of foolishness demands being discovered by the family.

Having a lifelong interest in law enforcement, my first thought about day one is that the procedures of BPD were less than stellar. Despite the ransom note, the first things they should have done were to check the house from top to bottom to verify that JonBenet was missing, search the outside and throughout the neighborhood, and seal the house after ordering all the people not living there to leave, after obtaining their names and addresses. They should never have allowed John Ramsey and Fleet White to search the house because that is a police responsibility. Allowing that to happen destroyed a lot of the crime scene when Ramsey carried his daughter's body up to the living room.

I also fogot to mention one big thing that bothers me about day one. Patsy Ramsey claimed to be a light sleeper, and said at times she could hear Burke using the bathroom one floor down from their bedroom. It seems very odd that such a light sleeper would totally miss the loud scream that was reported by one of the neighbors. What mother in the world would not hear her child scream?

I also fogot to mention one big thing that bothers me about day one. Patsy Ramsey claimed to be a light sleeper, and said at times she could hear Burke using the bathroom one floor down from their bedroom. It seems very odd that such a light sleeper would totally miss the loud scream that was reported by one of the neighbors. What mother in the world would not hear her child scream?

Oh she heard it. (re: Singularity's post

PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh, I have flashbacks of seeing my daughter lying down on the floor in our living room, and I have flashbacks of hearing Jonbenet scream. I have nightmares where I am, you know, searching, searching, searching trying to find somebody, and trying to find who did this.

The ransom note bothers me also, and always has. It is well known that most, if all ransom notes are short and to the point. This one was, what, three pages long? What kind of idiot intruder is going to stick around that long to start a practice note, and then write one out? That kind of foolishness demands being discovered by the family.

Especially with PR packing and BR sneaking downstairs?

When I first read the RN, the first thing that sprung to mind was a rambling American Hyacinth Bucket. Over the top and dramatic woman.

Especially with PR packing and BR sneaking downstairs?

When I first read the RN, the first thing that sprung to mind was a rambling American Hyacinth Bucket. Over the top and dramatic woman.

That's pronounced "Bouquet" for those of you wondering!

Oh she heard it. (re: Singularity's post

PATSY RAMSEY: Uh-huh, I have flashbacks of seeing my daughter lying down on the floor in our living room, and I have flashbacks of hearing Jonbenet scream. I have nightmares where I am, you know, searching, searching, searching trying to find somebody, and trying to find who did this.
In the light of these statements by Patsy, consider the following in a BDI scenario (even if you're not an adherent):

People often add true details to a made up story because it adds an element of truth and (they feel) makes the story more believable. Burke said on Phil McGraw's show that he just remembers his mother coming in his room saying, "Oh, my God, where's my baby, where's my baby?" (Something to that effect -- don't remember the exact quote.)

What if JonBenet had screamed near the vent in the basement (through which the neighbor heard it), is struck over the head (stopping the scream abruptly as the neighbor reported), and Burke runs upstairs to his bed to hide. (It's not unusual for kids to hide when they don't want to be blamed for something that would get them in trouble. I know this because I had siblings, I had one of my own, and I was one a long time ago.) Patsy hears the scream and decides to go check on JonBenet. When she doesn't find her in her own room, she goes to Burke's room (she's said JonBenet would often go there at night) looking for her. When she doesn't find her there, she panics and starts saying the words Burke remembers.

Could that be why Burke remembers and adds that part of what happened?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back