Daylight Saving Time - Love it or Hate it?

Are you in favor of Daylight Saving Time?

• Yes- I love it!

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No- I hate it!

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • I’m fine either way

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
I am neutral, leaning toward liking it more than disliking it (but really don't care). I loooove to wake up early and I like cozy, early nights in the winter, so fall-back is especially nice for me. The change is not as big of a change as it used to be when you actually had to change clocks - now everything automatically changes without any input. I rather miss the routine in the household of asking each other if anyone changed the clocks and wondering if we changed clocks twice or not at all, lol.

I’m probably in the minority, but I really enjoy standard time. I’m more of a fall/winter girl who loves to cozy up my home further, cook stews, soups, roasts etc. and relax at night, light candies, a fire. I find when it’s lighter at night I tend to keep going with my chores inside and outside to the point of exhaustion. I am more lazy when it’s dark and sometimes I kinda like it!

I wish they would leave it alone. Set it and leave it. When I was working I hated leaving work in the dark at 5:00. Seems like I went to work in the dark too! I would vote for more light in the evening.
Yes! Set it and forget it. I don't have a preference for Daylight or Standard, but the twice-annual switch is annoying. JMO

It's the kids I feel sorry for, pitch black at 5 so no playing outside. I'm not too bothered, happy enough to sit indoors in my jammies :D Though it'll take me weeks to sort out my sleeping.

It's the kids I feel sorry for, pitch black at 5 so no playing outside. I'm not too bothered, happy enough to sit indoors in my jammies :D Though it'll take me weeks to sort out my sleeping.
If only we could have more daylight both in the morning and evening, lol.

I hate to see kids walking to school in the dark, or waiting for the bus in the dark.

I like getting an extra hour of sleep on that one night, and I love longer days in the summer but I absolutely loathe it in the winter. Hate having it be dark by 5pm. Wreaks havoc on my mental health and I feel like when we fall back is when my S.A.D really starts kicking in.
I hear ya, except I'm the opposite. I thrive in the winter - I love January! :) A brisk, cold day makes me feel alive. It's the heat and humidity of August that saps my energy and makes me feel down. I know most people love the summer, but I much, much prefer the autumn and winter.

Can't please everyone, lol! :)

Last edited:
The difference now is lighter mornings for a week or two, makes no odds really.
It's 4 pm ,GMT, here in the uk, pouring with rain and the lights will soon be on, still now that winters here can spring be anything but not far behind.

Never bothered me when I was younger either way. Now that I am older and my eyes are getting bad, driving after dark is impossible. So NOT a fan of it getting dark at 4:30 pm; it makes for a very short day to run errands, make appointments, dinner parties. Seems I'm always checking sundown times at fun gatherings so I know when I have to leave by. I'm the opposite of a vampire now.

MOO

I hear ya, except I'm the opposite. I thrive in the winter - I love January! :) A brisk, cold day makes me feel alive. It's the heat and humidity of August that saps my energy and makes me feel down. I know most people love the summer, but I much, much prefer the autumn and winter.

Can't please everyone, lol! :)
I'm a fall/winter person, too. I never liked summers as a child: The heat, humidity, and too much sun were not my friends and still aren't. I've always felt that it's easier to get warm in winter than it is to get cool in summer.

If only we could have more daylight both in the morning and evening, lol.

I hate to see kids walking to school in the dark, or waiting for the bus in the dark.

Oh my gosh, that reminded me of when we lived in Florida, it was right after DLS, so it was pitch dark, and I was taking my daughter to school at 6:30. We get into the car, start it up, and see a huge, giant thing go galloping, fast right from under the car! It was an alligator, who went under our car for the ambient warmth from the engine.

Doesn't bother me a bit. I have very random sleep habits. I'll go to bed anywhere between 11 pm to 3 am and I'm retired, so... When I lived in a house where the bedroom had eastern exposure it was a bit annoying waking up to sunlight at 4:30 am in the summer.

I remember when I worked for the OPP for years no one seemed to mention or figure out that the night shift basically got shafted when we went back to DST. Then the lightbulb went off and some of the security guys (not cops) said, hey, we are working one extra hour and the brass was like, no, it all evens itself out. So they did a check and, lo and behold, someone figured it out and always managed to create the work schedules where they got one hour less work in the spring and didn't schedule themselves for the change over. It took months for them to go back and pay a whole bunch of security guards the extra hour. I can't remember if they docked the slackers the one hour they didn't work.

I'm a fall/winter person, too. I never liked summers as a child: The heat, humidity, and too much sun were not my friends and still aren't. I've always felt that it's easier to get warm in winter than it is to get cool in summer.
My WS photo/avatar of Coney Island was taken on a snowy day in February. Best time to go to the beach! :)

CHICAGO – Brunch dates and flag football games might be a little easier to get to this Sunday, when phones grace early-risers with an extra hour of rest before alarm clocks go off.

The downside: Next week across most of the U.S., the sun will set well before many folks step foot out of the office, leaving them to run errands or take walks in utter darkness. Come Nov. 5, daylight saving time is out and standard time is in, and will last until March 10.

No need to wait till the midnight hour to prepare for the time change that clocks in early Sunday, when 2 a.m. becomes 1 a.m. Before bed beckons Saturday night, rewind the clock on the microwave, oven, car, or any other device not yet clever enough to make the leap on its own.

Besides scheduling stumbles and sleep habit disruptions, experts say the twice-yearly ritual can have more serious effects on human health...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back