DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about that. As the son of a cop , imo, he would KNOW they would look at him and his phone. Which is why I highly doubt he would have texted that $ pic if he was in the middle of stealing it and involved in the home invasion. JMO
Then as a son of a retired cop he would've known to be totally honest and not lie about what happened only a few hours before. I think he was arrogant and used to getting away with what he wanted through his charm and "good guy" image.

If JW really knew DW, as next door neighbors, then he knew that DW threatened to slice up an infant with a knife, threatened to kill his family, beat up his girlfriends, etc etc. So why would he be so surprised the family died? What would he think was going to happen in a home invasion where the intruder is not wearing a mask? His Dad was a cop---he knows what's up.

I disagree. I don't think guys who beat or threaten their girlfriends go around telling everyone they know about it. The stabbing happened in NY, so why would JW in Maryland know about that?

I disagree. I don't think guys who beat or threaten their girlfriends go around telling everyone they know about it. The stabbing happened in NY, so why would JW in Maryland know about that?

Didn't DW arrive in this country when he was almost 20? DW may have had a reputation in the neighborhood or social groups. We knew who to stay away from beginning when we were in our teens. We didn't always know details, but we could see and hear things and reputations spread. You get a feel for creeps in addition to hearing things. Thank goodness!

Didn't DW arrive in this country when he was almost 20? DW may have had a reputation in the neighborhood or social groups. We knew who to stay away from beginning when we were in our teens. We didn't always know details, but we could see and hear things and reputations spread. You get a feel for creeps in addition to hearing things. Thank goodness!

Remember he went to school for welding and had a respectable job w AIW for a while. I think criminals like to rationalize, minimize, blame the woman, say she lied. They want more opportunities with new women so he'd keep this as a skeleton in his closet. His brother would know but likely not JW who may have walked the blurred line between straight image and doing some shady things.

Perhaps the manila envelope was part of Savvas' original text to JW Wednesday, but it was much more exciting and James-Bond-like to have the accountant put the $40K into his own red bag.

Of course, the money against a red bag would much more photogenic than in a plain manila envelope. JW had to come back to earth when he had to place the money from his own bag
into the plain manila envelope for Mr. S.

Where did JW get the manila envelope? Did he have to buy one especially for this very important task for Mr. S, or did he have one on hand? Can one purchase a single manila envelope? He knew he had to have the manila envelope as it was in his car by Thursday when he picked up the $40K...

Was the manila envelope ever found? Was a receipt found for the purchase of manila envelopes? Is JW on camera somewhere purchasing manila envelopes?

How much of the $40K was recovered from Wint's entourage?

At first it was 340 feet away. Then it was next door. Then it was a few feet away. ZWhich is it?

The information has gotten more specific. The addresses Have not changed. The pins on google suggested more space between the two apts than is accurate. More info means more specificity. But you don't have to believe what anyone else says. The addresses are avail online and you can drive by them with a measuring tape and measure door to door if you feel passionately enough about disproving the next door neighbor-ness of the situation.

Two more possibilities of "others" and you know LE has explored this however briefly. Don't jump on me.

AIW employee
SS himself

It wouldn't be the first time that a victim was used as part of a defense. It was never supposed to go that far and yes, we would be surprised. But, we still wouldn't see dw in a different light.

I don't believe anyone else was in on the planning of this as murder. There may have been friends or brother there to help him steal, but I it's just so hard for me to think that DW and someone else planned to murder whoever they trapped there. It's hard enough to know that there are people like this, but when it involved more than one person, it's pretty terrifying.

When would JW have first become aware of $40,000 cash availability? The kidnapping began at the latest 3:00pm Wednesday if we go by the timeline that VF usually left at 3, but was caught there. In order for the cash to play a part of this, it would have been a very short time between JW informed DW and they cooked up a plan.

Remember he went to school for welding and had a respectable job w AIW for a while. I think criminals like to rationalize, minimize, blame the woman, say she lied. They want more opportunities with new women so he'd keep this as a skeleton in his closet. His brother would know but likely not JW who may have walked the blurred line between straight image and doing some shady things.

Girls talk! I don't know if DW (hey, just had a thought of what else D W stands for, lol! it's not a term I use, but I've heard it enough times, teenage boys, lol) would brag about it, although some guys do as a badge of showing how they keep their women in line.

Girls and girlfriends talk, though.

Two more possibilities of "others" and you know LE has explored this however briefly. Don't jump on me.

AIW employee
SS himself

It wouldn't be the first time that a victim was used as part of a defense. It was never supposed to go that far and yes, we would be surprised. But, we still wouldn't see dw in a different light.

I don't believe anyone else was in on the planning of this as murder. There may have been friends or brother there to help him steal, but I it's just so hard for me to think that DW and someone else planned to murder whoever they trapped there. It's hard enough to know that there are people like this, but when it involved more than one person, it's pretty terrifying.

When would JW have first become aware of $40,000 cash availability? The kidnapping began at the latest 3:00pm Wednesday if we go by the timeline that VF usually left at 3, but was caught there. In order for the cash to play a part of this, it would have been a very short time between JW informed DW and they cooked up a plan.

BBM

Perhaps the plan cooker was the person first notified of Mr. S needing $40K and that was not Mr. Wallace.

Would BA just hand four bundles, $40,000, without offering an envelope or one of their money bags? My husband and I never walk out of a bank flashing cash.

THIS THIS THIS has been bugging me no end. I'd count it out in front of JW and make him sign a receipt, then put it in an envelope and seal it.

If it was already in a sealed envelope, then JW would have been a jerk to open it.

If AIW took the cash bundles out of his pockets or out of a file drawer, why not put it in a freaking envelope? To not do that just sounds so unprofessional, un-businesslike and just plain foolish.

Cash does not leave one of my hands without a signed CYA receipt into my other hand.

Surely JW had to know that the detectives were going to talk to the accountant. How far off the true story is JW going to veer, knowing that the acct. will give them the facts? I don't think the story we have heard about the meeting with the accountant is that far off from what the accountant said as well. JMO

I know, That's why it is so bizarre that he thought he could get away with lying about having gone into the bank with the accountant then changed his story. I mean, hello? That is someone who thinks they can get away with stuff without really thinking it through.

Assume AS and VF were out of commission taped to chairs. SS is still able to use the telephone and is compliant with demands because his son is being controlled by DW and Company. SS is desperate to end this situation with no more harm to the family and PS has a knife held to his throat. SS would rule out sending any kind of signals in this situation. He offers a settlement that he is sure he can control. He is confident he can get his hands on $40K and have it delivered easily. He arranges with the accountant to assemble the money (from the AIW safe or BofA is not relevant in this scenario.) SS knows that JW will do anything he requests. DW buys this offer and says to put it in motion. The next day SS makes several phone calls to arrange the cash from AIW. JW goes to pick up the package; accountant takes the four packs of $10K from his pockets and places them in JW’s bag. JW is in awe that SS has trusted him to deliver $40K. He is so giddy; he takes a picture and messages his GF. He does not want to dispose of his Hershel bag, and concerned about the four packs or $100s so he places them in the manila envelope before his delivers the money to the Mosler as instructed. (Color of the bag or origin of the manila envelope are not relevant.) JW had obeyed the instructions of his boss and heads on to the dojo. While the intruders are preoccupied for a moment, SS tries to call for help and speed dials JW. SS is discovered and the intruders break into mayhem. The savage attacks would have taken a while as well as dowsing everyone with gasoline, setting the fire and escaping undetected. They grab the cell phones, the security system DVR and bolt in the Porsche. DW spends four hours stashing the money, drops off his passenger(s) and eventually abandons the car in a blaze. He takes the Metro to the nearest bus station and buys a ticket to New York.
My research of MD court records show that DW lived at 5301 85th Ave from Nov 2005 until Feb 2006, insufficient time for me to conclude he made a connection with JW.

Would BA just hand four bundles, $40,000, without offering an envelope or one of their money bags? My husband and I never walk out of a bank flashing cash.

THIS THIS THIS has been bugging me no end. I'd count it out in front of JW and make him sign a receipt, then put it in an envelope and seal it.

If it was already in a sealed envelope, then JW would have been a jerk to open it.

If AIW took the cash bundles out of his pockets or out of a file drawer, why not put it in a freaking envelope? To not do that just sounds so unprofessional, un-businesslike and just plain foolish.

Cash does not leave one of my hands without a signed CYA receipt into my other hand.

:ditto: $40K should have been signed for, sealed and then delivered still sealed. There was no reason JW should have been privy to what the package contained. He was just the delivery guy...

Assume AS and VF were out of commission taped to chairs. SS is still able to use the telephone and is compliant with demands because his son is being controlled by DW and Company. SS is desperate to end this situation with no more harm to the family and PS has a knife held to his throat. SS would rule out sending any kind of signals in this situation. He offers a settlement that he is sure he can control. He is confident he can get his hands on $40K and have it delivered easily. He arranges with the accountant to assemble the money (from the AIW safe or BofA is not relevant in this scenario.) SS knows that JW will do anything he requests. DW buys this offer and says to put it in motion. The next day SS makes several phone calls to arrange the cash from AIW. JW goes to pick up the package; accountant takes the four packs of $10K from his pockets and places them in JW’s bag. JW is in awe that SS has trusted him to deliver $40K. He is so giddy; he takes a picture and messages his GF. He does not want to dispose of his Hershel bag, and concerned about the four packs or $100s so he places them in the manila envelope before his delivers the money to the Mosler as instructed. (Color of the bag or origin of the manila envelope are not relevant.) JW had obeyed the instructions of his boss and heads on to the dojo. While the intruders are preoccupied for a moment, SS tries to call for help and speed dials JW. SS is discovered and the intruders break into mayhem. The savage attacks would have taken a while as well as dowsing everyone with gasoline, setting the fire and escaping undetected. They grab the cell phones, the security system DVR and bolt in the Porsche. DW spends four hours stashing the money, drops off his passenger(s) and eventually abandons the car in a blaze. He takes the Metro to the nearest bus station and buys a ticket to New York.
My research of MD court records show that DW lived at 5301 85th Ave from Nov 2005 until Feb 2006, insufficient time for me to conclude he made a connection with JW.

:goodpost: The only thing I disagree with is that SS never had control of a cell phone. DW had everyone duct-taped to chairs and PS was bound in the bed. Everyone's mouth was duct-taped after PS made the mistake of screaming in the background during the call to Nellie. DW had the phone on speaker whenever SS left a voice mail and he held the phone to SS's mouth.

AIW employee
SS himself

JW may have known about cash prizes for competition at dojo opening weeks ago!

Who told Wint that he needed to break up the money into smaller bills and money orders?

He doesn't seem that bright to have known that kind of information. Maybe he watched a lot of movies about holding people for ransom...

Girls talk! I don't know if DW (hey, just had a thought of what else D W stands for, lol! it's not a term I use, but I've heard it enough times, teenage boys, lol) would brag about it, although some guys do as a badge of showing how they keep their women in line.

Girls and girlfriends talk, though.

DC is a big town there are all sorts of circles and girls who are competive or don't know or like each other do not talk. It'd be great if you knew background on every guy we date but we aren't that fortunate. Maybe you live in a small town. Cities are anonymous.

I think his own family told others about Wint's BAD behavior.

This is not a small town. Parents don't find out about every arrest a kid may have. Sometimes adult children handle their legal issues themselves. They may have told a close friend or two but parents don't put their kids business out there especially to friends of their children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona