DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 75178

I don't think these two mugshots are of the same person. There are similarities in their facial features which leads me to believe they are brothers. In the mugshot on the left, the perp has braids in his hair, while the one on the right has dreads.

In every photo we've seen of Wint, he has dreads, not braids.

Then there's this: court records show Daron Dylon Wint's true name is Darron Dellon Dennis Wint. The confusion is due to Wint giving police multiple aliases during prior arrests.

According to the affidavit:

It's easy to see how the 2 mugshots could be mixed up as the same guy.
In both pictures they are braids. Please look closely.

Maybe he has hair extensions. Looks to me like the exact same face. If it's him and his brother, they are twins (which we know they are not).

A reporter who observed Wint in court on Friday said he brushed his hair extensions out of his face. Sorry, I can't provide a link.

What? All I said was the house was purchased 7/2001 and the S's moved in in 2002.

This was what you wrote, maybe it was just a mistake, but it sounded like you thought Sacks was the actual owner:
"Sacks has owned the home since 7/25/2001. iirc The S's moved into the home in 2002."

So I must have misunderstood what you meant. :)

Hello,

I am new to the forum, had been lurking on another case thread here, but now sidetracked on this horrific family murder.

I agree, the reports have minimized exactly what happened to Phillip. His body has been described as "burned beyond recognition" which seems likely given the stated facts about the nature of the fire in his bedroom. If a body
is so severely damaged by fire, what kind of sharp force injuries would be visible upon autopsy?

Injuries bone deep :(

I wouldn't quote anything from that poorly written mirrordaily article. The reporting is atrocious. The writer said VF's condition was "too bad"; and she "past" away, instead of passed away; and 5 people were arrested along with Wint, when only 4 people (2 men and 2 women) were arrested and released.

Oh god those kind of grammatical errors especially when someone is getting paid to write the news kills me.

Also in 2010, Wint was arrested carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol.

http://www.katc.com/story/29132173/ex-con-who-worked-for-rich-family-arrested-in-their-deaths

What in the world was he carrying a machete around for? Charges dropped! WOW. Is there that much crime there that they let this go along with the charges in 2010 threatening to kill that woman and her infant daughter after stealing from her! This is nuts!

This was what you wrote, maybe it was just a mistake, but it sounded like you thought Sacks was the actual owner:
"Sacks has owned the home since 7/25/2001. iirc The S's moved into the home in 2002."

So I must have misunderstood what you meant. :)
It's all good. :)

I just can't help but think that DW's 10 year old link to AIW is way too tenuous for him to be the "insider" in this job. I eagerly await a connection between DW and someone closer in both time and proximity to the S family. DW does not strike me as the type who would have sat around and planned and plotted this horrible crime for 10 years. Why now?

Speculation time: someone with access to AIW employment records found out about this incredibly disgruntled individual (meaning DW) and recruited him to play a part. I have no idea why (other than pure hatred).

NG wouldn't need access to AIW employment records to know about Wint. She has claimed to have a 20-year relationship with the S family. She would have been told about the disgruntled man who showed up with a weapon at the offices because the family would be concerned about their personal safety at home. I think she reached out to Wint and hired the hit, promising him $40,000 and then double-crossed him by only leaving $20,000. Thus, his rage.

JMO

Phillip had to die last. From previous reports, W had a strong need to control and torment others. One way he did this was threatening parents with the death of their child. Phillip was the means to control SS.

Wint didn't show up with weapon at the office. He was found sitting behind a dumpster of a gas station in some proximity to the office. I doubt the office even knew anything about it.

The only car that appears to be missing from the driveway is the Bentley, which W-1 was probably driving since he was working for SS that day.

So we have:

a blue Porsche

Red Mosler

Red Audi

A Bentley

A Range Rover

A poster (friend of family) says AS also drove a Porsche SUV

Multiple such injuries which did not immediately kill the child.
There is a reason the police are livid, as stated upthread.

Yes. I fear when we hear all the hideous details, people will not be accusing the police of just favoring "the wealthy" for their urgency in this. Anyone who could do these things to a child...could do anything to anyone...in any income bracket.

Phillip had to die last. From previous reports, W had a strong need to control and torment others. One way he did this was threatening parents with the death of their child. Phillip was the means to control SS.

I actually think he died first- because when they got there, the reports that the first on the scene (firefighters) gave were that they found "three unconscious adults" and Mr. And Mrs. were removed first, and then Vera. Then they say there were no apparent signs of life and the mom and dad were pronounced dead on the scene after that. Then lifesaving attempts were made on Vera, at the hospital when there was no success in reviving her, she was pronounced dead.

If phillip died last, there could have been the same wording with him but he was described as having been "believed to be phillip savopoulos the male child of mr. and mrs. s" (paraphrased)- see pages 4/5 of this document http://www.documentcloud.org/docume...n-dellon-dennis-charging-papers-may-2015.html

They also mention that the fire is believed to have started in phillips bedroom- and the fire was basically contained to that one room, and closet, with minor extension to the adjacent bathroom.

His COD was sharp force trauma and thermal (fire)

The adults were found in an entirely different room, COD for them was blunt force and sharp force trauma.

So in light of that, and that they couldn't pronounce Vera dead and tried to save her at the scene, that phillip was dead first, at the start of the fire. Gasoline was used. Gasoline explodes (see also, broken front windows , glass blown out when the gasoline was ignited)

And since the fire with that accelerant can cause temps of 1000 F- and phillips COD was thermal partially, I would reason that his life (hopefully quickly) ended when he was lit on fire.

There is a CFI on this board who talked about the fire yesterday. Maybe he can elaborate what he thinks?

View attachment 75178

I don't think these two mugshots are of the same person. There are similarities in their facial features which leads me to believe they are brothers. In the mugshot on the left, the perp has braids in his hair, while the one on the right has dreads.

In every photo we've seen of Wint, he has dreads, not braids.

Then there's this: court records show Daron Dylon Wint's true name is Darron Dellon Dennis Wint. The confusion is due to Wint giving police multiple aliases during prior arrests.

According to the affidavit:

It's easy to see how the 2 mugshots could be mixed up as the same guy.
I responded to this post earlier, but I am again because I believe it is causing unnecessary confusion. If you enlarge these photos they are both braids. look around the neck where they hang down. These are the same person when you compare individual points, eyes, ears, chin, neck, nose, brown etc. There is a difference in facials expression from squinting or furrowing of the brow. You state "In every photo we've seen of Wint, he has dreads, not braids" this is not true, most of the photos I have seen, fb and media where you can see his hair it is braids. This is causing a distraction and confusion to people who are not checking before they respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lcd115