DC - Seth Rich, 27, DNC staffer, shot to death, Washington, 10 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did murdered DNC staffer leak 20,000 party emails? Conspiracy theories abound as Wikileaks steps forward to offer $20k for information over mystery death of 27-year-old

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mystery-death-27-year-old.html#ixzz4GtOqU7WO

Thanks for that. I'm on Wikileaks Twitter feed and I missed this one.

This is no small thing...

Time for Law Enforcement to start filling in the gaps. They can start with what he was doing or where he was coming from/going to ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.ibtimes.com/seth-richs-f...ories-about-dnc-staffers-murder-after-2400026
For the sake of finding Seth's killer, and for the sake of giving the family the space they need at this terrible time, they are asking for the public to refrain from pushing unproven and harmful theories about Seth's murder.

I'm not taking a firm position either way though I lean toward a panicky teenager with a gun which sadly will probably be harder to solve unless somebody talks and this city isn't known for that. I suspect that's what happened with the young man who was killed in front of a friend's house in 2005: http://mpdc.dc.gov/node/292912

First, I'd like to know why he was out at 4:30am. A strange time to be walking home in DC. If this was a "hit" then why do it at such an odd hour...it almost seems as if someone is trying frame a Clinton connection.

Rich's body was found covered in bruises on the 2100 block of Flagler Place NW, but he still had his watch, cell phone and wallet on him.

Seth Conrad Rich, 27, was gunned down in the affluent Bloomingdale neighborhood three weeks ago while he was on the phone to his girlfriend.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Rich-ask-help-three-weeks-slain-DC-street.ht

One of his roommates told the Post that Rich was likely walking home from his girlfriend's house at the time.

Conrad’s roommate told WUSA9 that he was probably walking home from his girlfriend’s apartment when he was robbed and then shot.

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/dc/dc-man-fatally-shot-investigation-underway/269559837

Please stick to the facts of this case as they are presented by MSM and LE.

Off-topic posts (political conspiracy theories, Wikileaks, speculation trying to link to other cases, etc) have been removed. Posts stating facts about this case must be linked or linkable to MSM. Posts stating things as fact without links to MSM will be removed.

If you see an off-topic post in this thread, please use the Alert feature to let Mods/Admin know immediately.

Thank you. :wave:

EXCLUSIVE: 'We need help finding Seth's killer.' Father of murdered DNC staffer reveals his son was about to join Hillary Clinton presidential campaign - punching hole in ugly rumor he was Wikileaks source

Joel Rich, the father of Seth Rich, the DNC analyst murdered near his Washington DC home, says he has a hole in his life after his son's death

Rich said that there appeared to be a scuffle before Seth was shot

He said that his 27-year-old son was 'really excited' to move to Brooklyn and work for Hillary Clinton's campaign

Seth was talking on his cellphone with his girlfriend, Kelsey Mulka, when he was shot in the back on July 10

He and Mulka met when they worked at the same polling company in Washington, DC, several years ago, Rich's father said

Authorities offered a $25,000 reward for information about the crime

Wikileaks offered a separate $20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in the murder

The Wikileaks reward generated speculation that Rich was responsible for the leak of DNC emails -speculation that has been vehemently denied by family and friends

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gly-rumor-Wikileaks-source.html#ixzz4HVa6t8fs

EXCLUSIVE: 'We need help finding Seth's killer.' Father of murdered DNC staffer reveals his son was about to join Hillary Clinton presidential campaign - punching hole in ugly rumor he was Wikileaks source

Joel Rich, the father of Seth Rich, the DNC analyst murdered near his Washington DC home, says he has a hole in his life after his son's death

Rich said that there appeared to be a scuffle before Seth was shot

He said that his 27-year-old son was 'really excited' to move to Brooklyn and work for Hillary Clinton's campaign

Seth was talking on his cellphone with his girlfriend, Kelsey Mulka, when he was shot in the back on July 10

He and Mulka met when they worked at the same polling company in Washington, DC, several years ago, Rich's father said

Authorities offered a $25,000 reward for information about the crime

Wikileaks offered a separate $20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction in the murder

The Wikileaks reward generated speculation that Rich was responsible for the leak of DNC emails -speculation that has been vehemently denied by family and friends

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gly-rumor-Wikileaks-source.html#ixzz4HVa6t8fs

I'm not quite convinced that this story "punches a hole" in the theory that Rich was a potential source for the DNC leak. If anything it still leaves room to feed the theories.

So much of the conjecture is around the total vacuum of information of where he was going to or coming from.
Yet again this story, no doubt put out by the consultant, is quiet on the topic.

The silence on this is deafening. If the PR Crisis management consultant appointed by the DNC listened at college this is PR 101. Don't leave or create information vacuums unless its an intentional strategy.

Has anyone been able to find any reference beyond the room mate stating "he was probably walking home from his girlfriends" ?

If the media know this but are intentionally leaving it out then it's not the conspiracy theorists fault for questioning and the media has a lot to answer for - especially to the Rich family.

EXCLUSIVE: Timeline to murder: Alone at a bar guzzling beer, depressed over trouble with his girlfriend, newly hired Clinton campaign staffer refused a ride home and staggered out in the middle of the night to his shocking death

Daily Mail Online has investigated the final hours of Wikileaks-linked DNC analyst Seth Rich

Staff at Lou's City Bar told Daily Mail Online he was so drunk one of them offered him a ride home - he refused saying he was headed to another bar

His drunken state could have made him a prime target for violence in the high-crime northwest Washington, D.C. neighborhood

Crucial minutes leading up to his death are still unaccounted for

Police investigating if murder was tied to a string of armed robberies in the neighborhood

Daily Mail Online can exclusively report that three prior felons have been arrested for robbing people at gunpoint just blocks from the scene of Rich's shooting

They had handguns - Seth was shot in the back with a handgun

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-staggered-shocking-death.html#ixzz4HbO5LraN

I live just less than 10 miles on the MD side from all this. The first bar he went to closed at 1am but according to the DM, he was a regular. If you know the people, you most likely are going to stay long after "closing time". His 2nd place, wonderland ballroom is open until 3am on weekends however they say they closed at 230am. So thats an hour and a half thats missing. At least an hour though b/c it takes approx. 30mins to walk home from where he was.

NW is...IMO, the nicer area of DC. NW is where we go when we go out in DC for the day which we do multiple times a week sometimes. BUT I remember many of times walking to the black cat (music venue) and around dupont circle and if you took one road vs another, it was pretty....intimidating at night and the few times Ive done, had my husband with me (6'2" so hes not tiny).

I see DC like I do balto which is the city I love MOST and would move back in a heartbeat given a job opportunity. There is the rare chance you are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Ive lost a friend or 2 to that. Otherwise, you dont mess with anyone - they wont mess with you. This is NOT victim shaming but with them taking nothing - I have to wonder if he got mouthy or just spitting stupid stuff after drinking more than usual/depressed over his gf and someone decided to stand up to him.

EXCLUSIVE: Timeline to murder: Alone at a bar guzzling beer, depressed over trouble with his girlfriend, newly hired Clinton campaign staffer refused a ride home and staggered out in the middle of the night to his shocking death

Daily Mail Online has investigated the final hours of Wikileaks-linked DNC analyst Seth Rich

Staff at Lou's City Bar told Daily Mail Online he was so drunk one of them offered him a ride home - he refused saying he was headed to another bar

His drunken state could have made him a prime target for violence in the high-crime northwest Washington, D.C. neighborhood

Crucial minutes leading up to his death are still unaccounted for

Police investigating if murder was tied to a string of armed robberies in the neighborhood

Daily Mail Online can exclusively report that three prior felons have been arrested for robbing people at gunpoint just blocks from the scene of Rich's shooting

They had handguns - Seth was shot in the back with a handgun

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-staggered-shocking-death.html#ixzz4HbO5LraN

Thanks for posting Blondie!

Exquisite timing....?!???

If only this had been released earlier (surely the police know and if they don't then what the heck is going on!!!) the Rich family could have been spared all the conjecture.

The time gap is nicely explained by Rich leaving his house to achieve cellular coverage. So he could have been at home prior to the shooting. The police can easily confirm this. I posted to the Reddit user earlier but it was deleted - demonstrates with evidence a blanket mix of public and private cctv coverage in that area - they could easily grab a glimpse.

Would the club Wonderland have CCTV footage? You don't have a liquor licence without one in Australia.

The reward $145,000 Tipline: 202-727-9099 Seth's parents speak out. Seth was talking when he was taken to the ER where he later died.

[video=youtube;AGFY2SBZF_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFY2SBZF_0[/video]

From your article:
Attorney Jack Burkman is offering $105,000 of his own money for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible. The D.C. Metropolitan Police is offering a $25,000 reward, and WikiLeaks announced it is also offering $20,000 for any information that leads to a conviction in the murder of Rich.

Earlier this week, he announced plans to launch a public campaign which will include a billboard and bus benches to keep the murder in the public conscience.

This one is going to be very very interesting to watch.

***This whole thing is so very intriguing:

From link right above my post

We're interested in anything that might be a threat to alleged WikiLeaks sources, Assange later told Fox News Channel.

(Why in the world would Assange EVER post any money or comment if he wasn't privy to something?)

On the morning of his death, Rich had left his favorite watering hole, Lou’s City Bar, about 1 a.m. to walk home, something that normally took 20 or 30 minutes. He tried twice to call his father, who had gone to sleep. He then called a fraternity brother and after that had two separate conversations with his girlfriend, Kelsey Mulka. Around 4:17 a.m., when Rich was about a block and a half from his home, his girlfriend heard other voices over the phone but was reassured by Rich that he was nearly home. Two minutes later, Rich was shot multiple times. Rich died at a nearby hospital.

(If it normally took 20-39 mins to walk home why was he still not home at 4am? Also who drunk calls their father twice in the middle of the night? And how does his father forgive himself for missing those 2 calls??

So the guys were so close the gf could hear their voices...did she hear words? Accents? Did Seth say anything about the men?

Where was he between 1 am and 417am?)

Security footage from a nearby market showed two men following Rich through a crosswalk by his home moments before he was shot, FoxNews.com has learned. The camera only captured the assailants’ legs and Rich after he was shot and fell onto the street.

(Why in the world are the security cameras aimed so. Low?)

Police said Rich, who was shot twice in the back, was likely the victim of a robbery, though nothing of value, including his wallet, phone, keys, watch and gold necklace, were stolen.

(Am I taking crazy pills? How can it be a robbery when he wasn't robbed??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther