DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael BraunVerified account ‏@MichaelBraunNP 3m3 minutes ago
DCF instructed by judge to interview related family on both sides for custody of Sievers daughters.

https://twitter.com/MichaelBraunNP

Stephanie Susskind ‏@StephanieWINK 1m1 minute ago
Sievers girls will remain with family friend in Naples. Allowed phone contact with their father #winknews

https://twitter.com/StephanieWINK

Id like them to go to TS family too. Even if they go to MS mom I dont think that would be such a bad choice for them. She was around them all the time.They need to be with family. Not a friend of MS. jmo.

I don't think it was as much as the caring for them for two weeks as it was flying to Florida with them and back. At least that's how it came across to me during AL's interview. In any event, her world has been flipped up-side-down and those two girls are her one connection to Teresa. A mother's love is a powerful thing. MOO

I am the guardian to my 2 grandsons and I have to travel with them to 9 contact visits a year with their various family members. Love isn't enough to re parent, it's a really tough job, much harder than any of my prior 36 years of parenting/fostering experience.

I would really love for them to be with TS family. This isn't about punishing Mark, it's about having the girls in a loving home with someone familiar to them and possibly close enough to allow visitation with dad, who, despite what we think of him is their parent and until that stops HE has a right to see them. It is a disgrace to most people. Family law isn't about justice.

Michael Braun ‏@MichaelBraunNP 11m11 minutes ago
Motion for no contact between Mark Sievers and daughters made, then withdrawn by DCF after Sievers Atty. objects.

I missed that one. So they made a motion for no contact and then withdrew it :(

Id like them to go to TS family too. Even if they go to MS mom I dont think that would be such a bad choice for them. She was around them all the time.They need to be with family. Not a friend of MS. jmo.

My only worry about the kids going with BS is that she will continue to alienate the girls from TS's family. This is strictly just my opinion

Michael BraunVerified account ‏@MichaelBraunNP 3m3 minutes ago
DCF instructed by judge to interview related family on both sides for custody of Sievers daughters.

Why hadn't this already been done- so these little girls would have a seamless transition during this horrifying time. Interviews and a tentative plan could have been in place already. I am just glad they are out the clutches of their father for now. I'd also like to know weather or not Bonnie Sievers still thinks her son is innocent. If she thinks he is- I don't want those girls with her.

In AL interview she said that when they were going to have to be with a BS that they would complain and beg for Mimi to come down.

Is the brother of TS there today too?

I'm going to say this knowing what we know about Mark, <modsnip> whatever went on in that household as children was either not healthy or help was not given to at least one child that was in serious distress and trouble. THAT is troubling to me.

I want to know what BS believes about her son NOW.

My only worry about the kids going with BS is that she will continue to alienate the girls from TS's family. This is strictly just my opinion

I don't think BS would do that. She loved TS and her small gesture that might not mean a lot to others re her buying more carrots showed that she did care about her daughter in law. Family law will allow both families to see the kids. DCF motioned no contact is standard. They withdrew it because MS lawyer objected and they need to see where the future investigation leads. The no contact can change , and I'm sure it will

Michael Braun &#8207;@MichaelBraunNP 11m11 minutes ago
Motion for no contact between Mark Sievers and daughters made, then withdrawn by DCF after Sievers Atty. objects.

I missed that one. So they made a motion for no contact and then withdrew it :(

I don't think it would stick. Mark has been arrested and accused, not formally found guilty of murder just yet. As someone posted above, it may not seem "right" or "fair," but it is the law and he is the girls' father. I imagine the judge has to take into account a lot of factors to and including moving them out of their home state/city to live with someone until the trial occurs/verdict or a plea is made. Stability is usually a pretty big factor, I do believe.

I don't think BS would do that. She loved TS and her small gesture that might not mean a lot to others re her buying more carrots showed that she did care about her daughter in law. Family law will allow both families to see the kids. DCF motioned no contact is standard. They withdrew it because MS lawyer objected and they need to see where the future investigation leads. The no contact can change , and I'm sure it will

I hope you are right. I just envisioned MS telling BS to not let the girls see TS's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg