Dead Pets

The Anthony's sure lost a lot of pets. Wow.... I wonder if KC was doing something to them when she was a teenager. If she were honest with herself, CA had to think something was up. I wish they would have said what they died of, just out of curiosity.

Lots of dog talk. It almost makes me wonder if Caylee was trying to tell Cindy something was going on with the dogs, and Caylee wouldn't have been verbal enough to get it across correctly. She said that was in March to May, (2008). Just makes you wonder.

I have the same question here. Is there anybody else besides Cindy (who appears more than capable of lying to protect Casey from the weight of her own lies falling on her) who said Caylee talked about Zanny's dog?

That's the thing though: I would Google "lethargic dog causes" before I would look up chloroform. Or, with Cindy's explanation, I would look up "dogs bamboo".

Besides, Cindy's passionate testimony today about dogs becoming your baby- I'd think she'd at least CALL the vet, I not just take them in.

i agree, trying to say the chloroform search (which ca didn't do, imo) was because of the dogs was ridiculous.

just fyi, most vets don't give much info over the phone, they want you to come in, for many reasons (liability, misdiagnosis, vets need to eat too... ;)

Like so many have said, Baez gave us the answer today, why Caylee was wrapped as she was and who did it and it was not in any way George Anthony. How on earth did Baez think that little segue was good for his client? This was his big finish? He finished off his client in my opinion.

OT: I am old fashioned in that I prefer telling kids that Fluffy went to heaven or went to play with Grandma or some other tale. Not bagging, taping and burying them in the yard as a family activity. Course, it depends on the child, I was overly sensitive and didn't deal well with reality. Still don't LOL

Edit-Forgot to add that I think she meant to bury Caylee in the yard but the ground is too hard. I tried to bury my kitty a few years ago but between the tree roots and rock hard ground I finally had to let the vet deal with it.

The problem with that line of argument for JB IMO (well one of the problems) is that JB wants to say this is a family that lies and covers up and invents a fantasy reality when confronted with anything negative and IMO the picture of the family burying dead pets together with the kids is not what I would expect from such a family. They would say that Fluffy went to visit his mommy in California and to appear pet food commercials and when the kids ask if Fluffy comes back they'd say sure but I don't know when.

I live in an apartment, so I don't have that option. I would have no problem burying my cat in my yard if I did have one though. I just think the pet cemetery would be the most respectable thing to do since I don't?

I have no idea if Casey has never been to a funeral? Or has been a part of the burial ceremony? None of her grandparents are deceased? So I don't know? Not that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is proper and what is not? Maybe she was waiting on confirmation from a chemist?

I'd never been to a funeral since my SIL (who died of breast cancer) -- I was well into my 20's. My family has a tradition of cremation/no funeral thang. I don't know what it is, but I have requested the same. It just feels normal to me. My hubby is under strict orders not to put me in the ground, and I don't want any service. My mother requested the same, but we did have a small service. When my grammy died, no funeral. Grandpa, same thing. My aunt, same thing.

We grow up by what we've seen and what we know. Casey saw how all those pets were buried...and treated Caylee just the same. It goes with the territory.

I don't need a grief counselor to tell me that!

MOO

Mel

oy. disclaimer *i am in no way defending the anthony's* BUT...i have said goodbye to a lot of pets in my life and it's because i have always had at least one (usually more) pets in my life. dogs live an average of 8-15 years and cats can live upwards of 18-20 (unlikely but possible). i have held several little paws during euthanasia :( and also come home (more than once) to find one of my sweeties dead for no apparent reason. i have paid for "autopsies" (necropsies in animals) to find out why they died, both for closure and to make sure whatever happened wasn't contagious for the others.
please don't judge the anthony's on how many of their pets have died unless you have some facts to back it up :(

Re: The phrase "to put a pet down", and another one - which I don't like at all - "to have a pet put to sleep" are commonly used terms here in Western Pennsylvania. Don't know if these are "regionalisms" or not.

The Anthony's were originally from an area of Ohio that is not all that far from here. I noticed some familiar "regional" speech patterns when reading and watching their interviews and depositions.

We say "put to sleep" here in Eastern PA too. I have a question that is not meant to be disrespectful. We only buried one dog in our backyard back in the 70s when I was a kid..we had a few acres. (RIP Sniffer). I can see wrapping them in a blanket for sentimentality but why the plastic bag? In case they decomp before you bury them?

Anybody happen to know how the two family dogs are doing today?

The problem with that line of argument for JB IMO (well one of the problems) is that JB wants to say this is a family that lies and covers up and invents a fantasy reality when confronted with anything negative and IMO the picture of the family burying dead pets together with the kids is not what I would expect from such a family. They would say that Fluffy went to visit his mommy in California and to appear pet food commercials and when the kids ask if Fluffy comes back they'd say sure but I don't know when.

I see what you're saying, but we know at least one of the kids was present when one of the earlier Anthony dogs needed to be taken to the emergency vet, it's kind of hard to get around why the pet never came back, ya know?
I see Cindy as making a big kind of ceremonial backyard thing with the whole family present to honor her babies (dogs) who had passed. Kind of like she took off and ran with Caylee's memorial, orchestrating every detail. It's her way to honor what she loved, even if it can get a bit overblown.

We say "put to sleep" here in Eastern PA too. I have a question that is not meant to be disrespectful. We only buried one dog in our backyard back in the 70s when I was a kid..we had a few acres. (RIP Sniffer). I can see wrapping them in a blanket for sentimentality but why the plastic bag? In case they decomp before you bury them?

I'm from the midwest, and I've always heard "put down" or "put to sleep." The plastic is to try to keep other critters from smelling them, and digging them up. That's what I've heard from friends who have buried their pets. We do cremation for our loved ones, furry or otherwise. :) (RIP Tuffy the Lop)

Anybody happen to know how the two family dogs are doing today?

They're alive. The cat has died since ICA's been in jail, but the dogs are still with CA .

I'd never been to a funeral since my SIL (who died of breast cancer) -- I was well into my 20's. My family has a tradition of cremation/no funeral thang. I don't know what it is, but I have requested the same. It just feels normal to me. My hubby is under strict orders not to put me in the ground, and I don't want any service. My mother requested the same, but we did have a small service. When my grammy died, no funeral. Grandpa, same thing. My aunt, same thing.

We grow up by what we've seen and what we know. Casey saw how all those pets were buried...and treated Caylee just the same. It goes with the territory.

I don't need a grief counselor to tell me that!

MOO

Mel

BBM

I agree that Casey did something similar, duct tape and garbage bags.

Sadly, I think the pets were treated with more respect. They seemed to be lovingly wrapped, and buried. Casey tossed Caylee out like trash. :(

As someone who has had a little training in this area, animal abuse/killings are often an early sign that a young person is going to have issues later in life. Also, she clearly has very little/no remorse for her actions and is very self focused--another big sign. I wouldn't put it past her to kill again if she were to walk free. I don't think she sees any wrong in her actions and maybe even gets a charge from it.

I cannot believe this information was presented by the DT and not the State. I think they just sealed her fate. She is in big trouble.

From the look on JB's face when Cindy said "packing tape" & he said, "not duct tape?', "no"...either JB got it wrong or somebody LIED to him hoping the family would go along with it....it was suppose to be duct tape not packing tape...it was suppose to be George who orchestrated the burials, not Cindy....imo, it all backfired! No way Jose do you win this one!:banghead::banghead:

It never made sense to me that CA would google 'chlorophyll' or chloroform in relation to sleepy or sluggish acting dogs. Now I can entertain the possibility that CA did do 'some' of the Chloroform searches. Perhaps she saw the history on the computer or found something in the house relating to Chloroform and/or it's ingredients and related it to her dogs being sluggish. I mean we have said it 100x's in other posts - If someone's dog is exhibiting sleepy or sluggish symptoms wouldn't you google something related to sleepy or sluggish dog symptoms, etc. IDK - just some thoughts.

BBM. Thanks for putting words to some of these thoughts that have been rattling around in my head! I posted earlier in this thread that I think KC may have been using chloroform on the Yorkies. I also think CA may have found something about chloroform while snooping on KC. You just don't Google chloro-anything when your dog is lethargic. IMO, CA knows KC well enough to suspect her when the dogs are ailing.

In one of the search warrant documents it said LE was looking for recipes for chloroform and containers for making chloroform. Maybe KC printed out a recipe and CA found it. For all we know, she may have confronted KC about why she had a chloroform recipe and KC made up a big whopper.

I guess it could be retro-active coverup by CA for KC, but I just think there is more to it than that.

None of this may make sense. I'm just brainstorming. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

1- why did GA not remember any of the details of burying the pets?
2. what do you want to bet that LA, GA and CA are wondering if there was something hinky about some of their pets' deaths tonight....
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

IMO Jose would be a terrible chess player. He cannot think more than one move ahead as evident in his defense case. He found a piece of evidence that fit his 'theory' and presented it without thinking ahead as to whether or not that same evidence could be torn apart by the opposing side.... time and time again.

Casey had to have told him about the pet burial rituals and, because Jose is not capable of seeing the whole picture or thinking 2 steps ahead, he blindly went ahead with the assumption that the jury would see reasonable doubt because three other family members all participated in that ritual over the years.

I honestly don't believe he thought far enough ahead to realize that the evidence he presented today would NOT cause reasonable doubt but instead would leave the jury with the same thoughts we all are thinking and expressing......... just how many of those animals died of natural causes and did Casey have a hand in the death of any of them?

Caylee was maturing as any normal child would and was beginning to talk in sentences. She would be able to share stories (or rather secrets) that Casey didn't want to be told. The gig was up for Casey, plain and simple.

Hearing about the pet-burying rituals of the Anthonys today was the most shocking and incriminating thing I heard in the whole trial. Notice how it had the mark of Casey on it by including a pet. "Misty," that didn't ever exist. If I were on the jury, that testimony would have shifted my thinking towards the death penalty. It wasn't that there was some sort of accident and Casey, not knowing what to do, grabbed some bags randomly to deal with her terrible mistake. No, she put her Caylee to sleep like was done to Ginger and Cinnamon & etc. and she held a funeral -- a pet funeral for her daughter! :noooo:

BBM. I had already come to believe that ICA tried to bury Caylee in the backyard with the borrowed shovel. This confirmed it for me.

I totally agree! JB made the States case again by bringing this up and answered a lot of questions for me as far as when KC put Caylee in the bags and why the dogs hit in the yard. I know without a doubt NOW that KC bagged Caylee just as the family had done the pets in the past and was going to bury her in that yard BUT because of her laziness, Caylee ended up in the trunk and eventually in the woods! :sick::sick:

I agree with the other poster about the past "bloating" episodes and thought the same thing after Cindy told this. I also immediately thought something about the 2 cocker spaniels dying so close in time to each other. A psychopath teen might want to get rid of dogs so they couldn't bark when she was sneaking out at night or sneaking boys in. None of the Anthony's said these dogs had been ill with cancer or any dog disease either. Are we sure that Casey was small when one of the dogs, possibly Bo died? George at first said one died about 10 years ago, then said maybe the 80's. If it was ten years ago Casey would have been a young teen. Cindy said George and Casey took the dog to the vet in distress, and it even died on the table. No mention of it as being elderly or an ill dog. I'm glad Cindy told of the bloating and mentioned the yorkie being sleepy. It helped draw even more suspicion and the public and jury would never have known.

I agree with the conclusions everyone else has drawn. Regarding the two lethargic dogs of Cindy's: neither her or George included them in the roster of dead pets, and since it's been roughly 3 years since ICA has been around them, I think we can assume they are fine now. If the dogs were experiencing lethargy as a symptom of a natural illness I would think that a progression of that illness would have led to death within the past few years. Just my thoughts :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21
Back