Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Im supposed to be on vacay and am sneaking this quick post-

Can anyone find out anymore about Thomas Chiang, the suspect in the Swarthmore attempted abduction?? Here's where I am going with this-
I think that the key to solving lies in those that got away, and am planning to start my list there.

Checking it out ....

Peace

Swarthmore University just outside of Philadelphia, PA:

Swarthmore, one of the nation's finest institutions of higher learning, is a college like no other. Private, yet open to all regardless of financial need. American, yet decidedly global in outlook and diversity, drawing students from around the world and all 50 states. Small, yet with the financial strength to offer students and faculty generous resources to push their own and the world's understanding of disciplines from Arabic to plasma physics, from microbiology to dance, from engineering to art history.

http://www.swarthmore.edu/x18.xml

Peace

Ok, Im supposed to be on vacay and am sneaking this quick post-

Can anyone find out anymore about Thomas Chiang, the suspect in the Swarthmore attempted abduction?? Here's where I am going with this-
I think that the key to solving lies in those that got away, and am planning to start my list there.

A hearing was scheduled for June 2 ... the suspect was NOT a student on this campus .... in fact from traveled "up" from Virginia .... why was he at this campus ... and @ 2am driving through looking for the president's residence ?? He was a dental student from Virginia .. still trying to find what school ... and what business he had being in PA.

He was by himself .... in the auto ... however .. not sure if there were others waiting somewhere else. Multiple charges .... pending. Gang affiliation ??

Peace.

A hearing was scheduled for June 2 ... the suspect was NOT a student on this campus .... in fact from traveled "up" from Virginia .... why was he at this campus ... and @ 2am driving through looking for the president's residence ?? He was a dental student from Virginia .. still trying to find what school ... and what business he had being in PA.

He was by himself .... in the auto ... however .. not sure if there were others waiting somewhere else. Multiple charges .... pending. Gang affiliation ??

Peace.

Who is Thomas T. Chiang ???:

Chiang, who was arraigned this morning, has been charged with one felony: attempted kidnapping; and eight misdemeanors: unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, vehicles required to be right, and two red lights. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison for these offenses, according to Thomas. The motive for these crimes is not yet known.

From Virginia ... ????

Where is the follow-up news reports on this suspect .... ??

Peace.

Who is Thomas T. Chiang ???:

Chiang, who was arraigned this morning, has been charged with one felony: attempted kidnapping; and eight misdemeanors: unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, vehicles required to be right, and two red lights. If convicted, he faces up to 10 years in prison for these offenses, according to Thomas. The motive for these crimes is not yet known.

From Virginia ... ????

Where is the follow-up news reports on this suspect .... ??

Peace.

Do you have a link to this quote?

Thanks,
fran

Checking it out ....

Peace

Sorry Peace, I should have been more specific, there is a thread on here, I think in possible vics PA, It is current with all the data you provided on here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2270299#post2270299

What I was looking for was anything post 6/2/08. As of last week, there had been zero updates.

TC is/was a dentistry student at Temple. What I found MOST bizarre, is that a man on his own would try to abduct another guy, and there was never any mention of what was found in his car- How did he expect to subdue him? Perhpas he tossed things out- was the route searched??

Hi Roxye! :)

No, what I'm saying is there IS a connection between Josh and Chris, but how? They went to two different schools and missing in two different towns or cities.:confused:

I gave you a link to another blog,....... but don't stop there.

Google is your friend! ;)

fran

Fran-
are you referring to the scent dogs at the monastary?

Fran-
are you referring to the scent dogs at the monastary?

Yes, Blink.

Why would Chris' scent be there? He disappeared from miles away, correct?

Hope you're enjoying your vacation! :)

fran

Here is an update on KSTP about the investigation:
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S497869.shtml?cat=1

In regards to the Tommy Booth Case, the Medical Examiner has done new tests to see if foul play was involved.

Thanks daisygirl. It'll be interesting to see what the results are for Tommy Booth. His case is quite puzzling. He disappeared from inside the bar. Why?

I agree with the article about Brandon Swanson. He most likely is not connected. I'd sure like to know where he is though! His poor family. :(

JMHO
fran

And this link too ... the response that he was confused and fell in river??

He was on the phone with his family for 45 minutes telling them where he was ..... how is it everyone is falling into ... rivers, lakes ... pools?

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,70890

Peace.

I was a little puzzled at first on this case. But after reading the dad's description of his last phone call with his son, I truly believe Brandon fell either into a well that was hidden, or maybe even water. Brandon was walking out in the country in the dead of night. Imagine not being able to see anything. He described his surroundings, fences etc, and I believe he mentioned he was taking a short-cut across an open field. At the end of the conversation Brandon said he could hear water.........then an expliative,........silence.

I don't like thinking it, but I believe he met with an untimely accident. I pray they locate him soon. :(

JMHO
fran

Peace.
I thought the suspect had a connection to Philadelphia.

I thought the suspect had a connection to Philadelphia.

Initial news reports stated he traveled up from Virginia .. however .. also stated was a student at Temple University in Philly. Not sure of the connection.

Peace

I was a little puzzled at first on this case. But after reading the dad's description of his last phone call with his son, I truly believe Brandon fell either into a well that was hidden, or maybe even water. Brandon was walking out in the country in the dead of night. Imagine not being able to see anything. He described his surroundings, fences etc, and I believe he mentioned he was taking a short-cut across an open field. At the end of the conversation Brandon said he could hear water.........then an expliative,........silence.

I don't like thinking it, but I believe he met with an untimely accident. I pray they locate him soon. :(

JMHO
fran

But wasnt there the issue his Dad said he sounded confused about where he was and that cell phone pings had him 45 min away from where his car was?

Initial news reports stated he traveled up from Virginia .. however .. also stated was a student at Temple University in Philly. Not sure of the connection.

Peace

I read he was a dental student at Temple, additionally a contact who I am aware has a connection with the DA office has stated a witness came forward and said he was seen on another campus earlier in the evening with the same M.O.; which is why I find this case so intriguing, every fiber in my being tells me it is connected; at some point someone is bound to make a mistake and either miscalculate, or try something as a "rogue" to the group- could this be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname