Defending Misty on Jan 10, 2011 in Putnam County

One big thing I would tell her: watch your mouth and do NOT tell the judge you are there because of Haleigh. Own your role... BUT DO NOT PUT BLAME ON THAT CHILD FOR YOUR SITUATION.

(I think she got handed the big sentence yesterday due to referring to Haleigh, making it seem that she was taking no blame for trafficking drugs)

One big thing I would tell her: watch your mouth and do NOT tell the judge you are there because of Haleigh. Own your role... BUT DO NOT PUT BLAME ON THAT CHILD FOR YOUR SITUATION.

(I think she got handed the big sentence yesterday due to referring to Haleigh, making it seem that she was taking no blame for trafficking drugs)
You're right about her needing to not blame Haleigh, but I don't think that's why she got the 25 years. IMO, she would've gotten that regardless of what was said. If her lawyer worded it just right, he could blame the cops...say that they're so angry at being embarrassed by this uneducated girl, their proclaimed 'key', that they've hounded her non stop. & I believe there's some truth to that. & then Fields would have to stand behind her & support his belief that she played no part in the murder, & doesn't know where Haleigh is. But, even though a jury might buy this, I don't think these judges would care.

You're right about her needing to not blame Haleigh, but I don't think that's why she got the 25 years. IMO, she would've gotten that regardless of what was said. If her lawyer worded it just right, he could blame the cops...say that they're so angry at being embarrassed by this uneducated girl, their proclaimed 'key', that they've hounded her non stop. & I believe there's some truth to that. & then Fields would have to stand behind her & support his belief that she played no part in the murder, & doesn't know where Haleigh is. But, even though a jury might buy this, I don't think these judges would care.

The Judge even pointed out Rons family, and said they were here for Haleigh. So if it wasn't about Haleigh, why was it even brought up in the first place? If its not about Haleigh why is Teresa front and center in her Haleigh shirt?

IMO, Misty is following counsel's advice. She was saying what Fields told her to say. She didn't just blurt that stuff out - she was counseled, and (even per MSM) that was Fields' tack & strategy when he argued on behalf of his client at the sentencing hearing - the bit about she wouldn't bet there if not for the Haleigh case. Fields argued and Misty followed his lead, apparently.

Until I have a transcript, I can't be certain. But...it does seem Fields chose not to do much assertive defense and argument on Misty's behalf. (No psych experts on PTSD (rape), no one helping Misty tell her sad story to the judge, no one explaining her desperate situation (other than Lisa), no one arguing that a program of education and training is what a kid Misty's age needs to turn it around - requesting leniency given her lack of record - and her arrest occurring just at her 18th b-day ... )

Why would Haleigh's case even be an issue at drug court - why would Fields bring this up in this hearing? Why wasn't he taking that higher road of argument for leniency towards Misty - working the other approach such as: Misty is so sorry, so distraught and devastated over Haleigh, she loved her so, there was so much pressure on Misty, and given the circumstances she could not get employment, no family support, had relied on her vows and her 2nd family (Cummings), then was kicked out of Ron's family, she lost Junior too,... blah blah blah...

I just don't understand why he wouldn't go for broke - (what's to lose?) - why not go for the YO status on his client's behalf. I haven't been able to figure this out. I would like to know why. Misty's demeanor was strange too...

Then we have Flo saying that Misty knew she'd get the max min of 25 before going in to the sentencing hearing. If we choose to believe Flo :)innocent:) - then we have to think that there is a REASON Misty "knew" this. If Misty "knew" this, then how? If Misty knew the outcome, then why the storytelling time with the judge? To make sure it was 25 years and not more?

Misty was grilled by investigators, IIRC - and very recently - just before this sentencing hearing. I wonder what Fields arranged for her during that questioning. Did Misty ask for her counsel to be present? What additional information did she give up? Was Fields present for that interrogation? Did Misty/Fields try to make a deal on Haleigh's case? Did she offer up something and yes, make a deal on Haleigh's case? Did she give up the killer and cop to accessory? Was Misty's story shot down with further evidence against Misty that makes Misty's 25 year sentence a no-brainer since she'll soon be charged in Haleigh's death?

Again, I'm just really puzzled as to these things. Why Fields seems not to be fighting for Misty during sentencing... And why Misty "knew" she'd get 25 years prior to the sentencing hearing. (per her family members).

I tend not to think it's because Fields is incompetent or lazy. I tend to think it's because he and Misty know something we don't.

It makes me wonder if Misty's copped to accessory - and the drug stuff is just meaningless now...:waitasec:

Why were Teresa & GGMS there? (They're here because of Haleigh - per that judge.) Why would the Judge say that if this was, in fact, a drug sentencing hearing? The judge concedes Haleigh's family's vested interest in Misty's sentencing with that comment. Hmmm... :waitasec: I feel that's unusual, and the Judge would not do that if she didn't also understand something we don't.

But then again... if they are supporting Haleigh by being there - and they know Misty's going to be sentenced, and Tommy's been sentenced - why the need to threaten Croslins in elevators?

So many questions. All making too long of a post... :) Thanks for letting me noodle a bit...

:cow:

IMO, Misty would have gone to trial in both counties if she had the money to pay an attorney. Fields is paid at public defender rate, if at all. Expert witnesses cost money, and likely the county would pick up only a fraction of the cost; the rest would have had to come out of Fields' pocket.

I agree with Emma Peel that a psych expert speaking of the effects of Misty's childhood and numerous traumatizing episodes in her early years could have helped Misty by leaps and bounds. It would have given much insight into this girl's lack of self esteem and the ease by which she can be manipulated and controlled. Having Misty say this herself, and having Lisa say it, has little to no impact--coming from them it sounded like an excuse when in fact it is a bonafide psychiatric issue. Plus, such factors need to be considered by more than one mind, i.e., a jury rather than just a judge.

Not taking Misty's charges to trial was their first mistake. Even though it appears a slam dunk case for the prosecution (due to the UC videos) there certainly are extenuating circumstances in Misty's case. A jury trial might have taken full advantage of any and all such circumstances.

When Misty did not go to trial she lost an opportunity to have her fate considered by citizens, some of whom might understand how ridiculous 25 years in prison sounds for this girl's transgressions. I think the jury could have agreed a bit of leniency was in order in this case.

But all is not lost yet for Misty if some way, somehow, her attorney can manage to arrange for some expert testimony in Putnam County on October 19. And maybe he has; he did request a three-hour time slot for this hearing.

Keep Lisa off the stand; replace her with an expert in the field of PTSD. To have any chance at all, Misty needs a benefactor--either one who can donate funds to pay for expert testimony or a psych expert willing to donate their time and testimony.

JMO.

First thing is I would have never let her plead no contest, would have never happened. She had a better chance with a Jury then an aggravated Judge who in my opinion took Haleigh into consideration on her sentencing, this is about drugs not Haleigh.

I would ask for a change of pleading to not guilty and ask for a jury trial, I would also ask for a change of venue to (1st ) Out of state and if that could not be granted then request it be moved to a larger population city. I would put together a good defense showing basicly what papa pointed out in his excellent post from above, about Ron and Rons actions in these videos, and bring in expert witnesses showing how easily Misty can be controlled, and has a need to fit in due to her upbringing ... I could go on but you see my point.

Fields needs to be canned, and an appeal filed on ineffective counsel. Misty should have never , ever been allowed to make the statements she did in regards to Haleigh being missing and that is why she is sitting there NEVER. I would also provide her some nice clothes and makeup so she is not sitting there looking like a jail bird (there is nothing worse).....

Misty needs a Jury period, no contest is a joke, you may as well be pleading guilty in the eyes of the court and under FL's no contest , it actually bites you in the bum in the long run "In Florida, the state Supreme Court held in 2005 that no contest convictions may be treated as prior convictions for the purposes of future sentencing"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolo_contendere

In my opinion Fields has sealed her fate because now these convictions for sure will be used in the sent. in Putnam county he needs let go before he gets a chance to get to Putnam County Courthouse....

Moo.........

Another thing....I would not care about RON being a witness for the state, by the time I got through with him, he would have absolutley no standing with the Jury, no credibility, I would mop the floor with him and his testimony......

During this drug selling time, wasn't it said that Misty was staying with Ronald at GGMS's house? He had her back under his control. And, he was her "baaaaaaby"! :sick:

Didn't one of the investigators or detectives testify that Misty was the leader of this merry band of drug dealers? Until the powers that be down there stop treating Ronald Cummings so gently, I have NO confidence that Haleigh will ever get justice. :furious:

Please note. MSM has widely reported that Misty's counsel, Mr. Robbie Fields, speaking on behalf of his client, was the first to state at the sentencing hearing that Misty was set-up for the drug bust because of the Haleigh investigation. This was not Misty's idea. This was Mr. Fields' idea.

Enlighten me. Why Mr. Fields choose to did this? If THAT particular portion of Misty's argument was detrimental to her sentencing decision, it was Mr. Fields' idea to bring it up, and Misty just following his lead.

Why would he do that? Are we missing something? One would think Mr. Fields knows how best to advocate for a youthful criminal client at a sentencing hearing. He's been doing this for 12 years. In Palatka, Putnam County. 25% criminal caseload.

http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/32177-fl-robert-fields-1247098.html

http://www.news4jax.com/news/25325313/detail.html

During the sentencing hearing, Misty's lawyer tried to point out that Misty was set up in the drug deal. He said investigators just wanted to get her in jail to get information in the Haleigh case.

LOL Emma until I just read your post I did not realize I put Werter in as Mistys lawyer instead of Fields :crazy: I need sleep obviously ....

Please note. MSM has widely reported that Misty's counsel, Mr. Robbie Fields, speaking on behalf of his client, was the first to state at the sentencing hearing that Misty was set-up for the drug bust because of the Haleigh investigation. This was not Misty's idea. This was Mr. Fields' idea.

Enlighten me. Why Mr. Fields choose to did this? If THAT particular portion of Misty's argument was detrimental to her sentencing decision, it was Mr. Fields' idea to bring it up, and Misty just following his lead.

Why would he do that? Are we missing something? One would think Mr. Fields knows how best to advocate for a youthful criminal client at a sentencing hearing. He's been doing this for 12 years. In Palatka, Putnam County. 25% criminal caseload.

I know what you are saying Emma, but just because someone has been in the bus. for 12 year and running doesn't mean they are good at what they do... I have seen lawyers that take on different case's such as he , hey they may be good in water court, but the suck in child custody kwim.....

It makes no sense. I could understand Fields using this defense in a jury trial where he might want to show entrapment but at a sentencing hearing, laying the blame on LE having targeted her made Misty look as if she has no remorse. It sounded like an excuse to a lot of people, including the judge.

Entrapment is a defense strategy and is often used successfully in cases where arrest resulted from events that were set in place by someone other than the defendant. However, it is typically used to fight the charge itself. I do not understand using this tactic during the sentencing phase when the defendant has chosen not to fight the charge!

And after Ron divorced her, she got Ronald Cummings SR tattooed on her lower behind basically. Also, Chelsea Croslin said they had a history of being "broke up" when they really weren't. Kind of like when they are on tape dealing drugs AFTER the divorce and shes calling him "baby" so it appears they pretend to be broken up to deceive people for whatever reasons.

And also before all this, and even after for 8 months, there was not a FOR SURE prison sentence for drugs. I am sure Ron and Misty talked many times about what was going to happen if they went down, but I bet they never thought it was drugs they were going to go down for.

One thing for sure though, the second day in custody, Misty tried to talk and implicate Joe, but that really didn't work out that great for her did it?

jmo

I think ALL OF THE CROSLINS know what happened and I dont believe a word any of them say JMO. I think Chelsea knows too, so I think she is trying to Cover her A... There is no way that girl dont know what happened and her husband was involved, these kids live to lie. Their momma should be proud.

I know what you are saying Emma, but just because someone has been in the bus. for 12 year and running doesn't mean they are good at what they do... I have seen lawyers that take on different case's such as he , hey they may be good in water court, but the suck in child custody kwim.....

ITA. He may be pretty good at what he normally does (and I have not researched his career) but someone who mornally handles drug offense cases may not be prepared to argue a case with the ongoing criminal investigational challenges posed by the ones against the Cummings Croslin Crew.

It could be as simple as he choked on handling an unusual defense of an unusual defendant.

ITA. He may be pretty good at what he normally does (and I have not researched his career) but someone who mornally handles drug offense cases may not be prepared to argue a case with the ongoing criminal investigational challenges posed by the ones against the Cummings Croslin Crew.

It could be as simple as he choked on handling an unusual defense of an unusual defendant.

I'm not buying it.

He's been with her too long. (well over a year). She's been in jail on these charges since the beginning of the year. He was hired as her criminal attorney when she was failing her LDTs. He represented her through her divorce. He threatened to leave her during the Donna/TV debacle. He's been in contact - as her representative - with Haleigh investigators for over a year. He was speaking regularly to Chelsea & Timmy & Hank & Lisa when Misty first went to jail. And there's nothing unusual about her drug charges...if he choked somehow - if he gave up - perhaps it's because he knows she's copped to involvement in Haleigh's death anyway and so does everyone else, including Misty and the Judge... JHMO :cow:

IMO, Misty is following counsel's advice. She was saying what Fields told her to say. She didn't just blurt that stuff out - she was counseled, and (even per MSM) that was Fields' tack & strategy when he argued on behalf of his client at the sentencing hearing - the bit about she wouldn't bet there if not for the Haleigh case. Fields argued and Misty followed his lead, apparently.

Until I have a transcript, I can't be certain. But...it does seem Fields chose not to do much assertive defense and argument on Misty's behalf. (No psych experts on PTSD (rape), no one helping Misty tell her sad story to the judge, no one explaining her desperate situation (other than Lisa), no one arguing that a program of education and training is what a kid Misty's age needs to turn it around - requesting leniency given her lack of record - and her arrest occurring just at her 18th b-day ... )

Why would Haleigh's case even be an issue at drug court - why would Fields bring this up in this hearing? Why wasn't he taking that higher road of argument for leniency towards Misty - working the other approach such as: Misty is so sorry, so distraught and devastated over Haleigh, she loved her so, there was so much pressure on Misty, and given the circumstances she could not get employment, no family support, had relied on her vows and her 2nd family (Cummings), then was kicked out of Ron's family, she lost Junior too,... blah blah blah...

I just don't understand why he wouldn't go for broke - (what's to lose?) - why not go for the YO status on his client's behalf. I haven't been able to figure this out. I would like to know why. Misty's demeanor was strange too...

Then we have Flo saying that Misty knew she'd get the max min of 25 before going in to the sentencing hearing. If we choose to believe Flo :)innocent:) - then we have to think that there is a REASON Misty "knew" this. If Misty "knew" this, then how? If Misty knew the outcome, then why the storytelling time with the judge? To make sure it was 25 years and not more?

Misty was grilled by investigators, IIRC - and very recently - just before this sentencing hearing. I wonder what Fields arranged for her during that questioning. Did Misty ask for her counsel to be present? What additional information did she give up? Was Fields present for that interrogation? Did Misty/Fields try to make a deal on Haleigh's case? Did she offer up something and yes, make a deal on Haleigh's case? Did she give up the killer and cop to accessory? Was Misty's story shot down with further evidence against Misty that makes Misty's 25 year sentence a no-brainer since she'll soon be charged in Haleigh's death?

Again, I'm just really puzzled as to these things. Why Fields seems not to be fighting for Misty during sentencing... And why Misty "knew" she'd get 25 years prior to the sentencing hearing. (per her family members).

I tend not to think it's because Fields is incompetent or lazy. I tend to think it's because he and Misty know something we don't.

It makes me wonder if Misty's copped to accessory - and the drug stuff is just meaningless now...:waitasec:

Why were Teresa & GGMS there? (They're here because of Haleigh - per that judge.) Why would the Judge say that if this was, in fact, a drug sentencing hearing? The judge concedes Haleigh's family's vested interest in Misty's sentencing with that comment. Hmmm... :waitasec: I feel that's unusual, and the Judge would not do that if she didn't also understand something we don't.

But then again... if they are supporting Haleigh by being there - and they know Misty's going to be sentenced, and Tommy's been sentenced - why the need to threaten Croslins in elevators?

So many questions. All making too long of a post... :) Thanks for letting me noodle a bit...

:cow:
I didn't see the JVM show with Chelsea, but I read the transcript, & there's most definantly something weird going on. Somebody's lying. Is it Art's source? Art seemed very confident, so I don't think so. Did Fields lie to Chelsea? maybe. Is Chelsea lying? maybe, because I don't see Fields, a very quiet man, discussing this case with her. It's MOO, that Misty might've lied to Chelsea, & then Chelsea inserted Field's name. So, unless he retracts the story, I'm going with Art on what happened in that interrogation. It had something to do with Tommy having all of the answers, & him taking Haleigh. Tommy's back, for an extended stay, it seems, so something's up. Misty's got 3 weeks to talk, so I guess we'll soon see. But, Chelsea seemed, IMO, like she was on a mission to save Tommy. She denied that he had ever molested Misty, (how the ****, would she know?), & she was furious with Art for saying that Misty had pointed at Tommy. She freaked, from what I could tell from the transcript, & now she's trying real hard to put the blame on an accidental OD, (Ron's fault of course), & as logical as that scenario is, I don't think so. Who, & I don't care what kind of doper you are, would dispose of a child, because of an accident? just blame the DRUGS on Joe...not a raging murder & disposal to the alligators. crazy stuff. Chelsea, (again IMO), used an odd choice of words when describing why Tommy did nothing with Haleigh. Ambition. Huh? & she never explained why they would frame Joe, while covering for Ron. I could see them framing Joe to protect themselves, but Ron? & that story was 99% Tommy's, so, no matter how controlled or in love Misty was with Ron, Tommy wouldn't do that. He had his own wife, to worry about. So, after recent events, I too am wondering what's going on.

First thing is I would have never let her plead no contest, would have never happened. She had a better chance with a Jury then an aggravated Judge who in my opinion took Haleigh into consideration on her sentencing, this is about drugs not Haleigh.

I would ask for a change of pleading to not guilty and ask for a jury trial, I would also ask for a change of venue to (1st ) Out of state and if that could not be granted then request it be moved to a larger population city. I would put together a good defense showing basicly what papa pointed out in his excellent post from above, about Ron and Rons actions in these videos, and bring in expert witnesses showing how easily Misty can be controlled, and has a need to fit in due to her upbringing ... I could go on but you see my point.

Fields needs to be canned, and an appeal filed on ineffective counsel. Misty should have never , ever been allowed to make the statements she did in regards to Haleigh being missing and that is why she is sitting there NEVER. I would also provide her some nice clothes and makeup so she is not sitting there looking like a jail bird (there is nothing worse).....

Misty needs a Jury period, no contest is a joke, you may as well be pleading guilty in the eyes of the court and under FL's no contest , it actually bites you in the bum in the long run "In Florida, the state Supreme Court held in 2005 that no contest convictions may be treated as prior convictions for the purposes of future sentencing"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolo_contendere

In my opinion Fields has sealed her fate because now these convictions for sure will be used in the sent. in Putnam county he needs let go before he gets a chance to get to Putnam County Courthouse....

Moo.........

Another thing....I would not care about RON being a witness for the state, by the time I got through with him, he would have absolutley no standing with the Jury, no credibility, I would mop the floor with him and his testimony......

Yes, mystic u make an excellent point... Why on earth would her counsel allow her to be seen not only in court, but court that is televised worldwide??? I don't get it?:waitasec:... Fields is not even a public defender but rather a defense atty that is not working a caseload full of freebies as a public defender does...

So why do they allow this? As we all can clearly see that this is not the case in the Casey Anthony court appearances.. She is always dressed in a decent, conservative outfit[that I'v e heard that mom Cindy Anthony picked out herself and delivered to jail/courthouse...

So why then ARE ALL OF THESE defendants in Satsuma, Putnam Co., St. John's Co. being made to don their jailhouse "blues" at ALL OF THEIR COURT APPEARANCES INCLUDING pleaing and sentencing??

I am very puzzled by this... Does anyone know what exactly is the reason for this?.. TIA...

Yes, mystic u make an excellent point... Why on earth would her counsel allow her to be seen not only in court, but court that is televised worldwide??? I don't get it?:waitasec:... Fields is not even a public defender but rather a defense atty that is not working a caseload full of freebies as a public defender does...

So why do they allow this? As we all can clearly see that this is not the case in the Casey Anthony court appearances.. She is always dressed in a decent, conservative outfit[that I'v e heard that mom Cindy Anthony picked out herself and delivered to jail/courthouse...

So why then ARE ALL OF THESE defendants in Satsuma, Putnam Co., St. John's Co. being made to don their jailhouse "blues" at ALL OF THEIR COURT APPEARANCES INCLUDING pleaing and sentencing??

I am very puzzled by this... Does anyone know what exactly is the reason for this?.. TIA...

quick thought as to attire:

none of them are at trial. they are just at sentencing hearings...
so no need for trial attire, perhaps?

quick thought on Fields' representation ...
I also find it hard to believe that after accepting the burden of Misty's high-profile case, Mr. Fields would "slack off" at showtime. I just don't think so. After all, he's a partner in a firm. He doesn't just answer to himself in his high-profile casework...

I think something's up behind the scenes and we don't really know what we're looking at as far as strategy. (LOL. What else is new.) :waitasec:

I didn't see the JVM show with Chelsea, but I read the transcript, & there's most definantly something weird going on. Somebody's lying. Is it Art's source? Art seemed very confident, so I don't think so. Did Fields lie to Chelsea? maybe. Is Chelsea lying? maybe, because I don't see Fields, a very quiet man, discussing this case with her. It's MOO, that Misty might've lied to Chelsea, & then Chelsea inserted Field's name. So, unless he retracts the story, I'm going with Art on what happened in that interrogation. It had something to do with Tommy having all of the answers, & him taking Haleigh. Tommy's back, for an extended stay, it seems, so something's up. Misty's got 3 weeks to talk, so I guess we'll soon see. But, Chelsea seemed, IMO, like she was on a mission to save Tommy. She denied that he had ever molested Misty, (how the ****, would she know?), & she was furious with Art for saying that Misty had pointed at Tommy. She freaked, from what I could tell from the transcript, & now she's trying real hard to put the blame on an accidental OD, (Ron's fault of course), & as logical as that scenario is, I don't think so. Who, & I don't care what kind of doper you are, would dispose of a child, because of an accident? just blame the DRUGS on Joe...not a raging murder & disposal to the alligators. crazy stuff. Chelsea, (again IMO), used an odd choice of words when describing why Tommy did nothing with Haleigh. Ambition. Huh? & she never explained why they would frame Joe, while covering for Ron. I could see them framing Joe to protect themselves, but Ron? & that story was 99% Tommy's, so, no matter how controlled or in love Misty was with Ron, Tommy wouldn't do that. He had his own wife, to worry about. So, after recent events, I too am wondering what's going on.

I agree there could very well already be serious stuff going on with Misty & confessing that we're just not aware of at this time...

I needed to sleep on it last night to realize how weird yesterday's hearing seemed - especially with regard to the lack of enthusiasm for presenting Misty as a PTSD-afflicted uneducated illiterate child of addticts/babysittng-bride of a drug- - that deserved another chance at some kind of life.

I can't help but think that last week, Misty gave some information up, (or, perhaps was confronted with what Ronald gave up), and it translates into her participation in some way in Haleigh's death...

Maybe Fields is sandbagging strategy - saving all the expert testimony and characterization of Misty as a child who was dealt no chance in life for the big trial - the trial for justice for Haleigh.

:cow: :cow:

I agree there could very well already be serious stuff going on with Misty & confessing that we're just not aware of at this time...

I needed to sleep on it last night to realize how weird yesterday's hearing seemed - especially with regard to the lack of enthusiasm for presenting Misty as a PTSD-afflicted uneducated illiterate child of addticts/babysittng-bride of a drug- - that deserved another chance at some kind of life.

I can't help but think that last week, Misty gave some information up, (or, perhaps was confronted with what Ronald gave up), and it translates into her participation in some way in Haleigh's death...

bolded by me...

Yes I am of the same opinion also that Misty did tell more information...It was reported that she was extremely upset during it and was reportedly on a "suicide watch"..afterwards.

So......IMO. SOMETHING.......came out of that meeting with her...that afterwards...whatever it was...she felt she didn't want to live anymore...
Did she implicate herself....with the cover up..OR did she the REAL STORY...and all that she knew......Perhaps even given a LDT..and passed.
IMO

Maybe Fields is sandbagging strategy - saving all the expert testimony and characterization of Misty as a child who was dealt no chance in life for the big trial - the trial for justice for Haleigh.

Thank you, Emma!! I was reading through the thread and was going to answer your question with the same explanation you, yourself, posted in the paragraph I bolded. Fields might even have been holding his ace for the October 19th drug sentence hearing in Putnam County which is more complex and harder to defend. Overexposing her defense will neutralize its impact. Best to save it for the big game.

I wanted to add that somewhere downthread you posted how odd it was that Misty knew she was going to get 25 years, as though someone had advised her of it. My interpretation of Misty "knowing" she was going to get 25 years is somewhat different. I'm under the impression that she sensed in her mind and heart how the judge would rule, but didn't know it to be a fact. IOW, she was prepared to hear the worst, but figured it was worth one last shot. If a deal was arranged beforehand, it would've been announced in court, like we saw at Ron's sentencing. There would have been no need for Lisa to testify and Misty would've sat silently by, keeping her mouth shut.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back