Defense to depose Dr. G

Surely the depos are over by now and we have not seen JB in front of any cameras smirking. Maybe Dr. G made it all "real" for them.

Dr. Garavaglia is going to be deposed on the 28th of September.

IIRC, LKB requested that Dr. G submit all her contracts with Discovery Channel (among every other paper she's ever written/see/touched/read/used as a firestarter). I wouldn't be surprised to see LKB try to attack Dr. G as a commercial "star" or somesuch nonsense.
Dr. G has been doing this for many years prior to her TV show. She's the ME with a heart to me. She is very good at what she does and I hope she can chew up LKB (in her ill-fitting clothing) and spit her out. AND I have to mention that it's LKB's own HUSBAND who also appears frequently on TV. So I would think "celebrity" accusations could backfire on her AND on her husband.

Yes! And it has always chaffed my behind the way JB acted like a spoiled 5 year old who wasn't getting his way when he was denied access to the scene where the remains were being recovered. They REALLY wanted to see/move/drop something there, IMO.
I have YET to see any defense atty given access to a crime scene while it is still a crime scene. He just likes to whine and spew.

Just a question does the SA have to request each and every deposition be turned over to them in order for it to become discovery or does the defence have to turn them all over without a request? And does anyone know what the deadline date is for JB and Company to turn all of there evidence over to the SA?

Thanks in advance if anyone knows the answers to my ?

I have all the faith in the world in Dr G. She has obviously testified in other cases where no cause of death could be determined, whether it be due to decomp or desecration of the body. She is very well qualified to call a homicide when she sees one, whether there's a cause of death or not. The defense will TRY to make a deal out of the lack of a cause of death, but if they have any sense, they'll know when to give in and shut up. Dr. G is way out of their league.

Who cares what Dr G says cause 'ZANNY' did it, right? Had a key to the 'A' house and just walked right in there and offed the daughter/grandaughter because, well she, being a perfect '10' and loaded and ****, uhm, wanted to put the 'A's through this, right? Because, ahem, she had a motive, right? Unlike KC who didn't have one, right? LOL

IIRC, Dr. G decided the tape was applied "peri-mortem."

If pre-mortem, the duct tape was a murder weapon.

If post-mortem, the duct tape was an attempt to disguise what really happened.

Either way, KC was the last person seen with Caylee, and the last person to mention to authorities that her daughter had been missing for 31 days.

31 days. Imagine that your child is missing for

seconds let alone DAYS.

Yes! And it has always chaffed my behind the way JB acted like a spoiled 5 year old who wasn't getting his way when he was denied access to the scene where the remains were being recovered. They REALLY wanted to see/move/drop something there, IMO.

He had NO right to be inside the crime scene area and he knows that.
Heck, I think even Pogo gets that.:rolleyes::laugh:

Of course he had no right to be there! Who ever heard of a crime scene being open for the public to wander around in? JB knew he had no right to be there and yet he stood in court and claimed that LE had denied him access to evidence because he wasn't allowed to look around while they gathered the bones of an unidentified child! GRRRRRR! :banghead: His antics are maddening!

I don't know if Dr G holds the same theory or not-but I'm sure she will be unmoved by any defense challenges as she has much experience not only in forensics but also in the courtroom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVMhxf4X6eA

Here is a WESH clip of Dr. G testifying in court about the homocide of Bob Wards wife. Video quality is alittle jumpy-but you get a good idea of how she can handle a defense cross!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sEjnQ6BIqU

thank you for this clip of Dr. G.....she said....

if there is another person involved during the death of someone she calls it a homicide...she does not make the decision if its criminal or not ...the courts do......

there are five reason's for death

natural

accident

suicide

murder

homicide

Homicide doesn't always mean murder ....DR.G does not make that determination.....the court's do....

.I thought that was interesting what she said......

if you look at the death/murder of caylee....and all the whining the defense is making about the not knowing cause of death.....its just smoke they are blowing.........it doesn't matter the cause.....the duct tape would suggest that Caylee didn't put that on her self......someone else did.....even with out the known cause of death...it would be homicide.....even if the duct tape wasn't the cause of death it is considered child abuse.....death during child abuse is murder.....

oh....i can not wait for Dr. G to get on the stand and speak justice for Caylee!!! along with all the other evidence of the trash bags....the location of the body being dumped.....the 31 days of missing with out being reported....all the lies that KC told LE......KC actions on the phone from jail and in the jail house visits from her parents and brother....the smell in KC car that she had been driving.....you put all that together....Justice for Caylee.....

...if the defense believes that KC didn't kill Caylee....Caylee is dead....someone did it....you would think KC and her parents would want to find this person....plead to find the real killer....... would want all this evidence to convict that person.....right ??....instead they are trying to save KC's life at the same time trying to discredit the evidence in turn it would let the real killer go free.....if it was really true that their client is not the killer.....how can they say that KC wants justice for Caylee :waitasec:

:snooty:

Perhaps he and his other teammates are still burning that they were able to, LEGALLY, keep Baez et al out of the crime scene as they recovered Caylee's remains.

That has always bothered me...since when is a defendants attorney at a crime scene, not to mention how incredibly 'guilty' that comes across as. He made such a big deal wanting to be there while they were 'escavating" the land, IIRC was Baez' term.

IMO, it truly shows consciousness of guilt for Baez even asking to be at a crime scene while gathering evidence..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I love love love Dr. G and I'm sure she's used to this sort of thing. She can blow JB out of the water anyday!

MOO

Mel

:twocents:Just thought I'd pop in to join in on the "Dr. G" band wagon and add that the entire District 9 Medical Examiner's office TEAM will exhibit such professionalism during their involvement in this case that it will render the defense....well DEFENSELESS! :truce:

How can I believe/state this? "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior" and just take a look at what HAS NOT OCCURRED in the past....NO public statements,:snooty: no TV cameos,:snooty: NO print journalism,:snooty: NO tabloids,:snooty: NO leaked videos,:snooty: NO leaked still photos,:snooty: NO leaked test results:snooty: (YEAH, plenty was available before 12/19/2008!:blushing:), in short NO BREACH OF PROTOCOL. :snooty: Even the "sub-contractors"/outside vendors/state experts have NOT participated in the "I've got a story to sell" media party, yep....ICA is getting a fair shot from professional who are doing their JOBS with diligence!:dance:

So far I have yet to see anyone on the Defense Team that could argue intelligently with Dr Garavaglia.
The Defense is going to have to convince a Jury that Caylee, a 2yr old in the care of her mother, walked into the woods, triple bagged herself, put duct tape all over her nose and mouth and lay down to die.

BBM
Me too. Why should Baez and his posse be given access to an unidentified skeletal remains recovery site?

This is the way I looked at Dec. 11, 2008, as the news was unfolding, that unidentified human skeletal remains were found on Suburban Dr and that the media was reporting that the skeletal remains were of a small child.

Now, I, like many, came to the assumption or early conclusion that it was Caylee Anthony, but I awaited the official confirmation by ME Dr.G...

BBM
Me too. Why should Baez and his posse be given access to an unidentified skeletal remains recovery site?

This is the way I looked at Dec. 11, 2008, as the news was unfolding, that unidentified human skeletal remains were found on Suburban Dr and that the media was reporting that the skeletal remains were of a small child.

Now, I, like many, came to the assumption or early conclusion that it was Caylee Anthony, but I awaited the official confirmation by ME Dr.G...

You know what chaps my butt?

I can ~almost~ understand Baez's actions going to the site the first day, holding pressers to complain, etc. He's obnoxious and a grandstander and a publicity ho, and he was just Baez being Baez.

But LKB? She knew better. Henry Lee and Kathy Reichs? They knew better. Yet they dropped whatever they were doing and high-tailed it down to Orlando, expecting that the sheer *magnitude* of their presence would give them a Free Pass to nullify crime scene etiquette as well as the OCSO protocols.

What gall! What holier-than-thou, egotistical, unmitigated gall.

---------------------
I guess he forgot to check his "How to be a Lawyer" book.He does all this to waste time.Doesn't he realize it points him out as stupid?:turkey::floorlaugh:

Oh I hope so. I soooooooo hope so. I so want to see Dorothy Sims try her stuff and see how badly she fails with Dr. G. That will be very entertaining, for sure.

I'd like to see this too. She primarily deals with SS Disability and SSI claims, seminars and cross-examining medical experts. She admitted in the press conference that she has little criminal law experience. I can't wait to see how she handles Dr. G....the real deal. Shall be interesting!

Here's a link I found with some comments about Atty Sims and her book:
http://www.jamespublishing.com/books/exp_testimonials.htm

"Dorothy Clay Sims spent years learning to blow apart the defense’s strongest, most cynical tool: the use of doctors who deceive. Sims picks them apart so well that some never testify again. And few are left with much ability to persuade a jury. So read her book. Sims shares her methods in readable, efficient, usable form." 
--David Ball, Miller, Malekour & Ball
Author of David Ball on Damages

I copied this quote from the link because I think the difference in what Atty Sims has spent years doing will be different when she has to cross-examine Dr. G. I don't believe she will find any deception in Dr. G's findings. In fact, I'd be sick if I had to sit and hear about the remains of Caylee and how she was tossed out like yesterday's garbage. :furious:

Dr. G has been doing this for many years prior to her TV show. She's the ME with a heart to me. She is very good at what she does and I hope she can chew up LKB (in her ill-fitting clothing) and spit her out. AND I have to mention that it's LKB's own HUSBAND who also appears frequently on TV. So I would think "celebrity" accusations could backfire on her AND on her husband.

Dr. Baden also went on tv the day of, or shortly thereafter, Caylee's body was found speaking of how the evidence will convict her. He all but said then that it would be hard to prove her innocence now that the body had been found. ETA: I know I heard him say it, but I can't find a link to support it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back