Defense to depose Dr. G

I'd like to see this too. She primarily deals with SS Disability and SSI claims, seminars and cross-examining medical experts. She admitted in the press conference that she has little criminal law experience. I can't wait to see how she handles Dr. G....the real deal. Shall be interesting!

Here's a link I found with some comments about Atty Sims and her book:
http://www.jamespublishing.com/books/exp_testimonials.htm

"Dorothy Clay Sims spent years learning to blow apart the defense’s strongest, most cynical tool: the use of doctors who deceive. Sims picks them apart so well that some never testify again. And few are left with much ability to persuade a jury. So read her book. Sims shares her methods in readable, efficient, usable form." 
--David Ball, Miller, Malekour & Ball
Author of David Ball on Damages

I copied this quote from the link because I think the difference in what Atty Sims has spent years doing will be different when she has to cross-examine Dr. G. I don't believe she will find any deception in Dr. G's findings. In fact, I'd be sick if I had to sit and hear about the remains of Caylee and how she was tossed out like yesterday's garbage. :furious:

Dr. Baden also went on tv the day of, or shortly thereafter, Caylee's body was found speaking of how the evidence will convict her. He all but said then that it would be hard to prove her innocence now that the body had been found. ETA: I know I heard him say it, but I can't find a link to support it.

Yes, I remember that. He said a lot of things about it, but his public statements changed dramatically once his wife signed onto the defense.

Yes, I remember that. He said a lot of things about it, but his public statements changed dramatically once his wife signed onto the defense.

Like my Daddy used to say: money talks and b*** s*** walks.

There has to be some money coming from somewhere to this "dream team" at the end of this trial. They have to much to lose otherwise. IMO

I'd like to see this too. She primarily deals with SS Disability and SSI claims, seminars and cross-examining medical experts. She admitted in the press conference that she has little criminal law experience. I can't wait to see how she handles Dr. G....the real deal. Shall be interesting!

Here's a link I found with some comments about Atty Sims and her book:
http://www.jamespublishing.com/books/exp_testimonials.htm

"Dorothy Clay Sims spent years learning to blow apart the defense’s strongest, most cynical tool: the use of doctors who deceive. Sims picks them apart so well that some never testify again. And few are left with much ability to persuade a jury. So read her book. Sims shares her methods in readable, efficient, usable form." 
--David Ball, Miller, Malekour & Ball
Author of David Ball on Damages

I copied this quote from the link because I think the difference in what Atty Sims has spent years doing will be different when she has to cross-examine Dr. G. I don't believe she will find any deception in Dr. G's findings. In fact, I'd be sick if I had to sit and hear about the remains of Caylee and how she was tossed out like yesterday's garbage. :furious:

Dr. Baden also went on tv the day of, or shortly thereafter, Caylee's body was found speaking of how the evidence will convict her. He all but said then that it would be hard to prove her innocence now that the body had been found. ETA: I know I heard him say it, but I can't find a link to support it.

He also said on Geraldo show something about chloroform being found in Caylee's hair...I know I heard that too...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Dr. G has been doing this for many years prior to her TV show. She's the ME with a heart to me. She is very good at what she does and I hope she can chew up LKB (in her ill-fitting clothing) and spit her out. AND I have to mention that it's LKB's own HUSBAND who also appears frequently on TV. So I would think "celebrity" accusations could backfire on her AND on her husband.

ITA and IIRC Dr. B spoke out against ICA early on in the case before LKB became defense counsel - much like MC did!

That has always bothered me...since when is a defendants attorney at a crime scene, not to mention how incredibly 'guilty' that comes across as. He made such a big deal wanting to be there while they were 'escavating" the land, IIRC was Baez' term.

IMO, it truly shows consciousness of guilt for Baez even asking to be at a crime scene while gathering evidence..JMHO

Justice for Caylee

ITA. I can't get the image of the defense team standing on the side of the roadway near the crime scene. They were huddled together muttering just like those silly bank commercials with the old staunchy bankers all herded together....they looked ridiculous. JMHO.

I think the Dr. G deposition will be very short and to the point. There really aren't a lot of questions for the defense to ask. Dr. G's findings are pretty cut and dry, and I am sure that the defenses own private pathologists told them much the same. No obvious signs of trauma, no obvious signs of death. Remains found in an obvious unnatural state that is consistent with homicide. No obvious toxicology. etc. I think the depo wuth Dr. G will be surprisingly dull as will her testominy at trial. If the defense has any brains they will not seek to confront of challenge anything that Dr. G says, rather they will seek to make the point that none of Dr. G's findings directly points to their client.

Yep, I agree with your assessment, that it should be pretty short as far as actual facts that can be provided by Dr. G-Now, I wonder if there will be a game of fill in the blanks, with the defense trying to get speculation out of Dr. G in order to make their point about the undetermination of the homicide-In other words, the defense might try to tell their story through Dr. G, at which point it will be up to the state to intercede and object to questions that are not of a technical nature...For example, they may ask Dr. G to hypothesize on a scenario that would be pure speculation for her to answer. Hope Dr. G is accustomed enough to say that it would be just that, speculation.

Like my Daddy used to say: money talks and b*** s*** walks.

There has to be some money coming from somewhere to this "dream team" at the end of this trial. They have to much to lose otherwise. IMO

Re BBM: They are getting paid in publicity IMO - which is priceless, positive or negative. One full-page yellow pages add is approx. $2,000 per month (okay, its been awhile since I had to run an ad) this case has been around since 2008....two years of notoriety/publicity - whatever you want to call it. A large section of the country knows who these players are and I believe that is the type of payment they seek.

With respect to Dr. G being deposed or questioned at trial by this new attorney, I also agree with previous posters that Dr. G is no "for hire" medical expert who supports malingering plaintiffs in frivolous lawsuits. She is an employee of the people, paid by the people, who needs no publicity because she is already famous! She has no motive whatsoever to lean to either side. She has no horse in this race.....Caylee was murdered and her body recovered in Dr. G's jurisdiction.....that's all folks.

Re BBM: They are getting paid in publicity IMO - which is priceless, positive or negative. One full-page yellow pages add is approx. $2,000 per month (okay, its been awhile since I had to run an ad) this case has been around since 2008....two years of notoriety/publicity - whatever you want to call it. A large section of the country knows who these players are and I believe that is the type of payment they seek.

With respect to Dr. G being deposed or questioned at trial by this new attorney, I also agree with previous posters that Dr. G is no "for hire" medical expert who supports malingering plaintiffs in frivolous lawsuits. She is an employee of the people, paid by the people, who needs no publicity because she is already famous! She has no motive whatsoever to lean to either side. She has no horse in this race.....Caylee was murdered and her body recovered in Dr. G's jurisdiction.....that's all folks.

Mr. Ashton should be able to establish this fairly easily-Remember the hippie witness that AL tried to put on the stand? JA skewered her by highlighting her somewhat political agenda, so these witnesses will be open to judgement as to whether or not they have an underlying bias-I think Dr. G is pretty clean, even with her TV show-She has a contract with Discovery that has absolutely nothing to do with this case and that contract was not created or augmented because of this case (that we know of), so no go for the defense to claim that she gets perks for being on this case.

He also said on Geraldo show something about chloroform being found in Caylee's hair...I know I heard that too...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

[ame]http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZsd--Y2Hk[/ame]

It was on this video at about the 30 second mark.

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZsd--Y2Hk

It was on this video at about the 30 second mark.

Folks: listen to the video and remember: CAYLEE's hair was NOT reactive for VOCs!!!!!! :banghead: AND the absolute confirmation of that fact occurred when the autopsy report was released, not when Michael Baden, M. D. spoke on 3/14/09.:furious:

Ya gotta LOVE the hypocritical Geraldo when he claims that the M. D.s "don't like to contradict each other".....for heaven's sake, that's the entire principle of opposing/dueling "expert opinions". :waitasec: Geeze, I know it's been a L O N G time since Geraldo practiced law but he HAS been in more than his share of courtrooms and not for nothin', isn't that Law 101, even on TV and in movieland?

Folks: listen to the video and remember: CAYLEE's hair was NOT reactive for VOCs!!!!!! :banghead: AND the absolute confirmation of that fact occurred when the autopsy report was released, not when Michael Baden, M. D. spoke on 3/14/09.:furious:

Ya gotta LOVE the hypocritical Geraldo when he claims that the M. D.s "don't like to contradict each other".....for heaven's sake, that's the entire principle of opposing/dueling "expert opinions". :waitasec: Geeze, I know it's been a L O N G time since Geraldo practiced law but he HAS been in more than his share of courtrooms and not for nothin', isn't that Law 101, even on TV and in movieland?

Does Divorce Court count?? :rotfl:

Sorry.

ITA. I can't get the image of the defense team standing on the side of the roadway near the crime scene. They were huddled together muttering just like those silly bank commercials with the old staunchy bankers all herded together....they looked ridiculous. JMHO.
I know Baez wants this case because it's high profile, but high profile cases have DESTROYED as many lawyers as it has helped. Mark Garegos is almost invisible today. Leslie Abrahms isn't in the spotlight much either. And Baez doesn't have the intelligence to deal with this case. I have yet to see ANY attorney make as many stupid statements has he has. It's like he's changing feet everytime he opens his mouth. I cringe when I see him. I find him totally pathetic in every way. I don't even think he's very ethical

I know Baez wants this case because it's high profile, but high profile cases have DESTROYED as many lawyers as it has helped. Mark Garegos is almost invisible today. Leslie Abrahms isn't in the spotlight much either. And Baez doesn't have the intelligence to deal with this case. I have yet to see ANY attorney make as many stupid statements has he has. It's like he's changing feet everytime he opens his mouth. I cringe when I see him. I find him totally pathetic in every way. I don't even think he's very ethical

LOL - don't forget Marcia ( Marsha? SP - see?) Clark from the OJ case - she has disappeared so far away I can't even remember how to spell her name.

How can Mason say this stuff with a straight face?

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...le+Feedfetcher

<snip>

“What does it mean? That means nothing, does it? She doesn’t know why the child died or how,” defense attorney Cheney Mason told WOFL-Ch. 35 before the deposition.

WESH’s Kealing highlighted the defense’s observations about duct tape found with the child’s remains. “They say the tape was just minimally attached to Caylee’s hair and not to her skull,” Kealing reported. “The net result in their view: No evidence Caylee Anthony was murdered.”

Mason added that duct tape wasn’t over Caylee’s nose or airways — a bold claim, Kealing said.

<snip>

“What does it mean? That means nothing, does it? She doesn’t know why the child died or how,” defense attorney Cheney Mason told WOFL-Ch. 35 before the deposition.

WESH’s Kealing highlighted the defense’s observations about duct tape found with the child’s remains. “They say the tape was just minimally attached to Caylee’s hair and not to her skull,” Kealing reported. “The net result in their view: No evidence Caylee Anthony was murdered.”

Mason added that duct tape wasn’t over Caylee’s nose or airways — a bold claim, Kealing said.

Too much botox?

I think that's a second year class for law students: Lying 101. Followed by How To Spin 201.

RSBM. And RBBM.

Wow. To think, I've been around here long enough to remember a now-banned former member making the same red-herring claims about minimal attachment of the duct tape, in fact even suggesting that the duct tape floated up to the skull during flooding.... when in fact the duct tape was found wrapped around Caylee's face so tightly that her mandible never separated from her skull, despite the obvious activity of animals who dragged her spine and extremities far from her original gravesite.

Mason's claim that the duct tape wasn't over Caylee's nose or airways is not a "bold claim" Mr. Kealing, it is a "red herring." A "desperate attempt by the defense to confuse the potential jury pool." An "opinion that will be proved false by the evidence."

:furious:

<snip>

If this is the stand they have decided to take re the duct tape then I wonder what their explanation will be for the tape being in the hair at all. Why and how could it ever have ended up stuck to (although minimally) and entangled in her hair if it had not originally been stuck to her face?

I don't even know why he said it was not stuck to her skull. No one ever said it was. This is a perfect example of their tactics. He is arguing against a claim that was never made. Of course it was not stuck to the skull. It was applied to the skin, which had long since decomposed, and was never applied to the skull.

I think it's dishonest to manipulate facts and I have no respect for people who do.

RSBM. Mason's claim that the duct tape wasn't over Caylee's nose or airways is not a "bold claim" Mr. Kealing, it is a "red herring." A "desperate attempt by the defense to confuse the potential jury pool." An "opinion that will be proved false by the evidence."

:furious:

"bold"...
That's just a strange, weird, very... odd word to use. That is such bad reporting. Bold? I'd love to ask him how he thinks that's bold. lol.

It seemed like Baez and Mason were "off" this time to me in a different way, like something jolted them. Anyone else notice a difference in demeanor? I would love to know what Dr. G told them. They were both nasty and silly as usual, but there was a strange solemness there in those attitudes. Mason was probably finally up to speed on the details and maybe finally feeling disgusted, if it's possible???? and Baez looked more concerned than ever about this case surely because of the facts.

Dr. G has very strong testimony for sweet Caylee and she's such a classy lady. She won't give in to intimidation or play any games that they may try.

Originally Posted by whiteangora

<snip>

Once those jurors get to see the autopsy photos of Caylee's remains, they will see who is the honest ones are. Once Dr. G takes the witness stand, she will put all those deflections to rest....

The defense makes such glaring claims that will all be shot down during this trial. If I were Baez, CMason, et. al..., I'd prepare ICA for the worst case scnenario for I do believe she will be found guilty...anyone with any common sense will see this for what it is. That crucial 31 days of not alerting authorities, will be the definitive factor in leaning towards guilty, plus all the other incidentals will be the icing on that proverbial cake....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back