Defense What is their strategy? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess his grand scheme of producing this "story" that everyone would be amazed over in court but not before is now gone. Truly a MG moment thwarted! LOL Guess he will now have to depend on his "experts" to carry the day in court (which will never happen either).

It was certainly interesting about the discussion of who is paying for all this!! My vote there is still Geraldo or associates of Geraldo's show in some way. Someone is doing it and it is NOT because they feel Casey is innocent...it is for money in the long run. This is what we need to figure out!! WHO is paying for all of this and WHY?!

Why are you shocked? I mean really I dont understand why someone would get shocked or even upset. What is he supossed to say? He is her attorney .

Yes, but why is he defending her? He is not a public defense attorney and he is not getting paid! So he is doing this for publicity sake. He has "sold his soul to devil" just to be famous...or "infamous" (IMO). Team KC is a sad example of how low human beigns can go for a bit of money and fame. This is disgusting to me. I'm not sure how humans can stand by and defend another "human" that has committed such an unspeakeble act as murdering your own...this is the lowest that humanity has to offer and I'm embarassed to be included in the same species as Team KC.
(this is of course, jmho).

I am wondering what in the World Story they can base there defense on...Zanny doesnt exist..

I guess his grand scheme of producing this "story" that everyone would be amazed over in court but not before is now gone. Truly a MG moment thwarted! LOL Guess he will now have to depend on his "experts" to carry the day in court (which will never happen either).

It was certainly interesting about the discussion of who is paying for all this!! My vote there is still Geraldo or associates of Geraldo's show in some way. Someone is doing it and it is NOT because they feel Casey is innocent...it is for money in the long run. This is what we need to figure out!! WHO is paying for all of this and WHY?!

Probably whoever they got the Book Deal with. Or like you said Geraldo. Wasnt Geraldo and Baez friends somehow???

He's a DEFENSE attorney, folks. He wouldn't be doing his job unless he defended this lowlife, I mean, er "innocent person". Right?

I think Casey is an INCREDIBLY PERSUASIVE LIAR. Whatever Kool-Aid she fed to George and Cindy, she probably fed that and then some to Baez. Remember all those hours she was there EVERYDAY for weeks? I guarantee she wasn't sitting there reading that whole time. She was probably running her mouth....

How can we figure this out?

Yes, but why is he defending her? He is not a public defense attorney and he is not getting paid! So he is doing this for publicity sake. He has "sold his soul to devil" just to be famous...or "infamous" (IMO). Team KC is a sad example of how low human beigns can go for a bit of money and fame. This is disgusting to me. I'm not sure how humans can stand by and defend another "human" that has committed such an unspeakeble act as murdering your own...this is the lowest that humanity has to offer and I'm embarassed to be included in the same species as Team KC.
(this is of course, jmho).
Great post, manatee. I feel the same way as well.:)

Well he is really in a bind now. He has based his entire defence on debating the foresnics. He was going to say that there was no proof Caylee was dead, the air samples proved nothing, the death band hair was not conclusive. He was going to have all his witnesses (all 3 of them) argue about the forensics.

Now that he actually AGREES with the forensic information - that Caylee was murdered - the only thing that is in debate is who did it and that WAS NOT how he was going to fight this case. He has no defence witness that can prove the existance of a nanny, has had no evidence AT ALL that a nanny exists and, he cant fight the fact that the Caylee is dead. HES GOT NOTHING unless KC changes her story.

He has played his cards completely wrong and there is no out for him. All he can do at this point is make the statement "KC says she is innocent". His forensic defence is now TOTALLY OUT THE WINDOW.

He has two options. Beg KC to admit to an accident, or start adding witness that can testify to the existance of a nanny... damn shame there ARE NONE so he better go with option 1.

JMHO
There is a third option which I just posted on another thread. He will Furhmanize the case vis a vis the meter reader, the sexual abuse allegations, and any other BS he can pile on to erect a smoke screen and befuddle the jury.

While I lean real hard towards agreeing with all you said I have to wonder why he would follow it up with the "Don't know half" comment. He continues to lead us to believe that at trial he is going to open the floodgates and let the truth roll. At that point Casey will be exonerated and parades will be held in her honor. This is straight out of the Geragos handbook. (Another client on death row) It seems as if he would better serve his client by getting her a quick deal, if a deal is still available.

I reckon she'll never breathe free air again nohow.

I agree.

I think that the combination of JB and CA have made things worse for KC.

If cause of death is uncertain then KC would have been wise to seek a plea deal back in Aug., based on an accident. It is hard to know, because she would have had to tell where the body was and -- was it decomposed enough then?

However, JB -- to me -- has ill advised KC and may be still doing so. KC was best advised to seek a plea deal.

I think while JB was shocked that Caylee is dead that he will still continue with his BS and compelling story because, he is more focused on his fame and his day in trial. JB is in it for JB. KC was in it for KC.

The bottom-line is, the longer this dragged on the higher the stakes -- the pot is loaded, everyone is all in but . . . the prosecution just drew a major ACE card.

I agree. He wouldn't be a very good lawyer if he didn't say that. Oh, wait. I don't think he is a very good lawyer.

With all respect we are not discussing what JB needs to say as a defense attorney but how he is now saying it, that there is a perception his tune has changed some since the recent discovery and confirmation.

An exclusive with the 'elusive' Ms. KC when this is all over?

I have a question, and I'm being completely earnest. My belief for the few *snerk* years I've been on the planet, is that a defense attorney's job is to see to it that their client receives competent representation and a fair trial and isn't completely railroaded, NOT to get them off at all costs.

Am I wrong?

I've seen many posts that speculate as to what Jose will do/say to get his client off, but my understanding of the roll of the defense attorney is that they're appointed/hired to make sure that their client's constitutional rights are upheld, not that they pull out all of the stops to ensure that the client is let off of the hook for the crime that they've commited.

Again, am I wrong?

I'm sure you'll all think that I'm stupid, I've just never understood this.

It doesn't take a profiler to have noticed how JB's face changed drastically after the remains were found. Everyone noticed.

Tonight Nancy said that KC turned away the chaplain and called for JB.

KC must have noticed the change in JB too.

JB went from being smitten with her, to looking crushed and defeated. Surely this has to shake KC. First her parents stop seeing her, now her main supporter is not the same man he was a few days ago.

It's good to know that KC must feel that she is losing what little influence she has left on people her have had a taste of her Kool-aide.

:chicken:

My opinion, HeSaidSheSaid
They become rich and famous for their wins not their loses.
Getting their clients off is the game. Guilty doesn't cut it.

Can the prosecution bring up the continued statements about Casey revealing all she knew once they found Caylee?
I believe it was said by the grandparents on behalf of Casey. I imagine that would hearsay? Unless anyone can find it on the jail tapes.

[QUOTE=HeSaidSheSaid;3081704]I have a question, and I'm being completely earnest. My belief for the few *snerk* years I've been on the planet, is that a defense attorney's job is to see to it that their client receives competent representation and a fair trial and isn't completely railroaded, NOT to get them off at all costs.

Am I wrong?

I've seen many posts that speculate as to what Jose will do/say to get his client off, but my understanding of the roll of the defense attorney is that they're appointed/hired to make sure that their client's constitutional rights are upheld, not that they pull out all of the stops to ensure that the client is let off of the hook for the crime that they've commited.

Again, am I wrong?

We are thinking along the same lines! I think our justice system began with an attempt at being "JUST" but has begun to fail in many respects. An attorney should be able to defend to the best of his ability, but when it comes to a case like this..there seems to be no holds barred. Sad but true...especially for the victims. People expect truth and justice no matter what side the attorney's are on, and it isnt always the case.

I'm sure you'll all think that I'm stupid, I've just never understood this.[/QUOTE]

There is a third option which I just posted on another thread. He will Furhmanize the case vis a vis the meter reader, the sexual abuse allegations, and any other BS he can pile on to erect a smoke screen and befuddle the jury.

Yes but he would first have to admit that KC had a hand in Caylee's death in some way, shape or form. I do not think KC will allow him to do that. I was specifically talking about his PREVIOUS defence of "The forensics are wrong/inconclusive/not handled correctly" being totally kaput.

IMHO, the meter-reader defence is the same as the Nanny defence ie would need witnesses OTHER than the 3 forensic ones he has on the list. Which brings us back to my original options lol. :blowkiss:

jb is great with his little press releases and camios but we have all seen what he looks like in court. he can have the best experts in the world but if he doesn't ask the right questions or comes across ignorant in the court room the prosecution will run all over him and I have every confidnence he will come across as a stooge in front of the jury. I am not worried the evidence is overwhelming whether they found her now or in august.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500