Defense What is their strategy? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If KC were to get off scott-free, how long would she survive? How long before her remains would be found along some roadside?

In all seriousness, isn't her safest address - assuming she wants to live - probably prison?

If KC were to get off scott-free, how long would she survive? How long before her remains would be found along some roadside?

In all seriousness, her safest address - assuming she wants to live - is prison.

She would be a goner within days IMHO. You are right. Her safe haven is prison. And that isn't going to be very safe either. I doubt she even grasps that.

She probably thinks she'll beat this and be out partying in no time at all. She MAY even "potentially" realize it might be 10-15 years but she figures she'll still be hot. Absolutely.

I highly doubt she realizes she'll be kidnapped, wrapped in a trash bag with duct tape and be close to her home in the woods. In her heart after she has met with all the experts assigned to her by the court she will be just dandy and she will feel it Mom.

Just my 2 cents.

She would be a goner within days IMHO. You are right. Her safe haven is prison. And that isn't going to be very safe either. I doubt she even grasps that.

She probably thinks she'll beat this and be out partying in no time at all. She MAY even "potentially" realize it might be 10-15 years but she figures she'll still be hot. Absolutely.

I highly doubt she realizes she'll be kidnapped, wrapped in a trash bag with duct tape and be close to her home in the woods. In her heart after she has met with all the experts assigned to her by the court she will be just dandy and she will feel it Mom.

Just my 2 cents.

I would like to think the human race has come a lot farther than to believe that they would even think of this. It's , well I'm a writer and I can't even think of a word to describe it.

He's in it for the long haul. He has to stick with this stupid "super secret story that will be revealed soon" is just more BS. We all know if his client was pinnochio her nose would have lapped the world ten times over.

His "super secret story" sounds like Geraldo and The Mystery of Al Capone's Vault program. Both stories big zeros spouted by loud mouths.

This is really starting to annoy me. The whole kidnapping thing was based one `them`hurting Caylee. `They`did AND then Casey would tell the truth.

I want to hear about it, it`s all supposed to make sense now. Her lawyer even said it. I want to hear it.

Well, right now would probably be the right time to reveal that super secret story, wouldn't it?

What is there Story. Casey owed someone MONEY and she used Caylee as Ransom..What Drug Dealer is gonna take or steal a Kid for a Drug Debt.

Yes, but why is he defending her? He is not a public defense attorney and he is not getting paid! So he is doing this for publicity sake. He has "sold his soul to devil" just to be famous...or "infamous" (IMO). Team KC is a sad example of how low human beigns can go for a bit of money and fame. This is disgusting to me. I'm not sure how humans can stand by and defend another "human" that has committed such an unspeakeble act as murdering your own...this is the lowest that humanity has to offer and I'm embarassed to be included in the same species as Team KC.
(this is of course, jmho).

With you 100% on this. That is how I felt about Johnnie Cochran as well.
Very definition of selling your soul to the Devil.

WEll, he is a defense ttorney. casey is his client. What else would he say?
I agree!
But I do have a few questions for anyone who may know....
if he has changed his mind about her being innocent do you think
he would still represent her?
I mean.... is there a rule that he can't if he knows she did it?
Also ... do you think if he feels like she did it he would try
talking her into confessing? or would he help her think of a defense?

I hope this makes sense!

Yes, but why is he defending her? He is not a public defense attorney and he is not getting paid! So he is doing this for publicity sake. He has "sold his soul to devil" just to be famous...or "infamous" (IMO). Team KC is a sad example of how low human beigns can go for a bit of money and fame. This is disgusting to me. I'm not sure how humans can stand by and defend another "human" that has committed such an unspeakeble act as murdering your own...this is the lowest that humanity has to offer and I'm embarassed to be included in the same species as Team KC.
(this is of course, jmho).

:clap: My feelings too Manatee...I KNOW everyones entitled to a defense, gawd forbid I should ever need one...cause quite frankly...I'd rather be $1.50 hooker than be one....

I DO think it is possible, and that many defense attorny's DO represent their clients with some integrity...but lately...the media cases we see...Oy vei...:rolleyes:

I would like to think the human race has come a lot farther than to believe that they would even think of this. It's , well I'm a writer and I can't even think of a word to describe it.

I agree with you. I would hope the human race has come farther than this. But sadly I don't think it's true in this case or this world we live in. Someone will seek revenge or try to.

I wasn't suggesting I would BTW. I was being sarcastic. So sorry if I offended you, truly wasn't my intention. As a writer I would be thinking about what I would write in this scenario because I think it's a possibility.

I don't believe Casey would be safe outside the prison walls, and that's JMHO.

Maybe Baez will end up writing a book, "If She Did It".

I've always felt he knew she was guilty from the beginning. But he did seem different today, minus the same old 'you haven't heard it all' BS.

While I lean real hard towards agreeing with all you said I have to wonder why he would follow it up with the "Don't know half" comment. He continues to lead us to believe that at trial he is going to open the floodgates and let the truth roll. At that point Casey will be exonerated and parades will be held in her honor. This is straight out of the Geragos handbook. (Another client on death row) It seems as if he would better serve his client by getting her a quick deal, if a deal is still available.

I reckon she'll never breathe free air again nohow.
Mark my words all 'The Half Of It' is going to amount to is the general perfidy of Law Enforcement and Media and Opportunistic Individuals trying rail road his poor client.
I think thats going to be the defense: They cant address the forensic evidence,or Casey's behavior so the tact is going to be total denial.
"We cant explain this because its all lies and planted evidence anyway."

I would like to see her take the stand. That will never happen. Kline has hit it exactly--diversion and confusion created by anything outside the basic facts is and will be the scheme team's only plan.

I agree!
But I do have a few questions for anyone who may know....
if he has changed his mind about her being innocent do you think
he would still represent her?
I mean.... is there a rule that he can't if he knows she did it?
Also ... do you think if he feels like she did it he would try
talking her into confessing? or would he help her think of a defense?

I hope this makes sense!

yes...according to the Florida bar (adorable nickname: flobar!)

"a lawyer shall not represent a client or, where representation has commenced, shall withdraw from the representation of a client if...the client persists in a course of action involving the lawyer's services that the lawyer reasonably believes is criminal or fraudulent, unless the client agrees to disclose and rectify the crime or fraud...[except] A lawyer must comply with applicable law requiring notice or permission of a tribunal when terminating a representation. When ordered to do so by a tribunal, a lawyer shall continue representation notwithstanding good cause for terminating the representation."

Wellllll, it will be good IF IF forensics finds someone elses fingerprints on the duct tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I personally donut like the 'looks or manner' of the boyfriend that proposed to Caycee.

You cannot judge a book by its cover, but he doesn't pass muster with me, and I had five daughters. So judging 'boyfriends' was part of my job description.

I am just guessing here, but I think OTHER fingerprints will be found on the duct tape. PLUS maybe not even Caycee's fingerprints. Forensics now say that even dna in the fingerprint grooves can be recovered. That would be doubly interesting as well.

Can the prosecution bring up the continued statements about Casey revealing all she knew once they found Caylee?
I believe it was said by the grandparents on behalf of Casey. I imagine that would hearsay? Unless anyone can find it on the jail tapes.

The prosecution will use it against Casey.

It is not that the Grandparents said it on behalf of Casey that makes it hearsay.

It is the fact that it was uttered as an out of Court statement.

However, the prosecution would not be offering the statement to prove its truth. (hearsay).

The prosecution would be offering it for other reasons and it should fall within different exceptions to the hearsay rule.:)

jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member