Defense What is their strategy? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Baez knows he's in over his head. He'll advise KC to take the defense that the team agrees on, which would throw all KC's ideas out the window.

And I do believe, that if KC is adamant on a certain defense because of course she is smarter than everyone, Baez will be the lone ranger and dream team won't waste their time assisting in a conviction. Dream Teams don't assist in dead bang loser cases. It will be their way or No Way.

oh yeah, for sure. Team KC is full of divas.

Did we really expect to hear her attorney say something else? Once a liar, always a liar.

Well, since Team KC is representing her for free...anyone can choose to walk out if not listened to...so JB better watch out with all of these "prima donnas"

I'm not certain which show it was on yesterday, but Kobe mentioned that the dream team was going to be paid. KR was on the same show and she hinted that she was going to be paid as well.

Well, since Team KC is representing her for free...anyone can choose to walk out if not listened to...so JB better watch out with all of these "prima donnas"

Once an appearance is filed in a criminal case, the defense attorny cannot just choose to walk out.

The criminal representation must be ended by a motion to be filed with the appropriate Court, and the Prosecution given notice of the motion and hearing as well.

A hearing date is set in which defense counsel goes before the Court and asked to be relieved of duties on the case.

It is the same for dream -team and non-dream-team and not -on any-team, lawyers.

The same series of events to cease representation also apply to public or private counsel.
jmho:blowkiss:

It is the filing of an appearance which governs how a lawyer walks away from a case.:)
Is is not the issue of payment or fame.

We dont know half of the story!! Well if someone else out there killed this little girl. Shouldnt we be searching for a Murderer..Or shouldnt someone else be in Jail with KC if they took part in the death of this little Girl??

Please tell us!:waitasec:

there is a cold hearted nanny out there who may be armed and dangerous folks. be careful....

this is a case where even if the defense "team" loses it "wins"....

I'm not certain which show it was on yesterday, but Kobe mentioned that the dream team was going to be paid. KR was on the same show and she hinted that she was going to be paid as well.

Sorry about quoting myself, but I guess it was on Larry K. that Kobe mentioned the dream team was being paid.

Sorry about quoting myself, but I guess it was on Larry K. that Kobe mentioned the dream team was being paid.

We need to websleuth and find this out! Whom ever is financing this needs to be known by all.

Once an appearance is filed in a criminal case, the defense attorny cannot just choose to walk out.

The criminal representation must be ended by a motion to be filed with the appropriate Court, and the Prosecution given notice of the motion and hearing as well.

A hearing date is set in which defense counsel goes before the Court and asked to relieved of duties on the case.

It is the same for dream -team and non-dream-team and not -on any-team, lawyers.

The same series of events to cease representation also apply to public or private counsel.

It is the filing of an appearance which governs how a lawyer walks away from a case.:)

thanks for clarifying...then I hope the "reputable" ones make a motion to either "walk-out" or advise their client to plea for a reduced sentence. If they want a "life" after being part of Team KC . JMHO

Maybe Team KC will see this and file a motion to "walk-out" before they lose all hope at a career.

Everyone who is associated with this case is going to have some fall out damage before this is over. JB has practically ruined his career. JMO

Everyone who is associated with this case is going to have some fall out damage before this is over. JB has practically ruined his career. JMO

Yes, look at what has become of the original "dream team"! also Geragos and others...KARMA, KARMA, KARMA

Maybe Team KC will see this and file a motion to "walk-out" before they lose all hope at a career.

:crystal ball:

Yes that's it Manatee!!! Good plain English:)

It is also referred to as a motion to disappear sometimes, as it negates the appearance.

Poof! :beamup:

IIRC, the State of CA financed a portion of the S. Peterson defense.

A hearing date is set in which defense counsel goes before the Court and asked to relieved of duties on the case.

No one, I repeat NO ONE is walking away from this case before it's over. How can they finish the book?

I think Baez knows he's in over his head. He'll advise KC to take the defense that the team agrees on, which would throw all KC's ideas out the window.

And I do believe, that if KC is adamant on a certain defense because of course she is smarter than everyone, Baez will be the lone ranger and dream team won't waste their time assisting in a conviction. Dream Teams don't assist in dead bang loser cases. It will be their way or No Way.

This is a different subject apart from my post you quoted which involved how a lawyer escapes from a case.:blowkiss:

The ultimate defense story which is used will also be governed by the client.

If a member of the defense team feels they cannot partake in some sort of a fiasco, they still have to file appropriate motions to be relieved of the case.
Honest honest.:wink:

Baez is doing the right thing. He is assembling a team and he will be the team leader. It's modeled on the OJ defense team which hit a grand slam home run.

While I lean real hard towards agreeing with all you said I have to wonder why he would follow it up with the "Don't know half" comment. He continues to lead us to believe that at trial he is going to open the floodgates and let the truth roll. At that point Casey will be exonerated and parades will be held in her honor. This is straight out of the Geragos handbook. (Another client on death row) It seems as if he would better serve his client by getting her a quick deal, if a deal is still available.

I reckon she'll never breathe free air again nohow.

Personally, I don't think Casey has any intention of spending years behind bars...which is what a plea deal will most likely involve. I truly believe she thinks she's going to walk and that she'll be able to manipulate the jury with her lies just as she's been able to do with friends and family all her life. I think the time she is currently spending in jail is tolerable to her because she thinks that after she hoodwinks the jury and gets out...she'll be rich and famous with book, movie and TV specials. Considering the press the defense is getting, I also don't see that they are going to push her to a deal unless there is substantial evidence pointing specifically to her...and even then, who knows? JMO, but with what I've seen of her and read about her past...I just don't see Casey agreeing to a plea unless it's for nominal jail time.

This is a different subject apart from my post you quoted which involved how a lawyer escapes from a case.:blowkiss:

The ultimate defense story which is used will also be governed by the client.

If a member of the defense team feels they cannot partake in some sort of a fiasco, they still have to file appropriate motions to be relieved of the case.
Honest honest.:wink:

I don't disagree! I'm merely suggesting that I don't think KC has the mind capacity to come up with her own defense. Despite being a sociopath and thinking herself smarter than others, her life is on the line. She must defer to the team of lawyers that have come up with a defense that is her only chance of getting off. Before this case is over there will likely be over 10 attorneys of record. Some may do nothing but relish in the moment of being an attorney of record in State v. Anthony. The trial of the century.

Im just saying that if KC has an ounce of a brain, she will defer to them. If not, she'll die, for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant