Did Darlie Routier murder her precious sons? Part 2

Did Darlie Routier Murder Her Precious Sons ?

• Total voters
This "confession" to Joel's death was never tested by a jury . Julie got off because the main witness against her lies was dead when her baloney trial came back up. A consideration of the facts clearly shows staging of the crime scene, sells was too short and a break in pattern.

Second, there is nothing, NOTHING, to tie sells to this case[/QUOTE
I never said sells had anything to do with this double homicide in fact I said that I know he did not! And just what would sells be to short for?? That statement confused me I will admit. To short to break in as in he couldn't reach something or shorter than a suspect description? So your saying Julie got away with murder huh? What about the customer at the diner and his id of Tommy,the bus depot worker who sold him a ticket to Nevada or the fact that Tommy's drivers license is at the police station? Tommy did alot of strange things killed whole families,broke into houses and went just for children he was horrible and thank goodness he was caught. And yes like I said her jury didn't hear his confession and the police discounted it. Did you read my post or just respond to it?

Yes she got away with murder. And I do believe you are wrong because from what I read, the judge allowed the confession. TLS has recanted his confession in this case and the many other cases he has falsely confessed to. He didn't kill Joel, his mother did.

Yes she got away with murder. And I do believe you are wrong because from what I read, the judge allowed the confession. TLS has recanted his confession in this case and the many other cases he has falsely confessed to. He didn't kill Joel, his mother did.

oops double post, someone can delete this for me please if you want to.

As far as I'm concerned, Dollie wasn't the only one who knew the inside of that house, nor had access to kitchen knives. IMO there was at least one other who is a possible perp here, and I don't mean Dollie's husband. Unfortunately, I cannot say because of TOS, etc. I believe Dollie is innocent.

Her name is Darlie not Dollie. Sure all of her friends and family knew the inside of her house what difference does that make? Are you suggesting one her family members or a friend of hers committed the murders because they knew the inside of her house and her knives?

Read the trial transcripts, they will prove to you Darlie committed this crime. Her many lies, her many stories as she learned evidence against her. The blood evidence proves to me she butchered those two boys. I've read everything to do with her case, all of the court documents, lab reports, appeals, writs everything and there is just no way to give her an out.

[1]Why would he still support his wife despite the evidence against her? When it is obvious she murdered them.

Darrin Routier recently filed for and obtained a divorce from Darlie, For What It's Worth

Darin hasn't supported Darlie for years. He stopped visiting her after the first few years she was on DR. Just because he doesn't speak out does not mean he still supports her. I believe Darin carries a whole load of guilt because he knows it was he she was in a rage and he knows her family will do anything to shift the blame to him.

Hello, I am new to this site, I joined mainly because of this case. It just seems so extraordinary to me, so different from anything else I have come accross. I must admit it bothers me, but I am convinced that Darlie commited this unimaginable crime.

I voted the first option, although I don't think Darlie belongs on death row. I think she should get a life sentence instead. That would also mean she wouldn't get so much exposure (which she probably enjoys), since folks who are imprsoned for life tend to get less attention and hype than those on death row. Besides I am not a fan of DP (it doesn't exist in my country).

I guess I probably should start a new topic, but I am wondering if anyone has more info on upcoming documentary about Darlie, part of the series Death Row by Werner Herzog (2nd season)? I have seen the trailer (you can find it by googling it), but I was wondering when it will be aired and where.

For those unfamiliar with the series - they are basically in depth iterviews by Werner Herzog himself with death row inmates, there were 4 in Season 1 and will be 4 in season 2. Darlie is one of them, I think she's the only female featured.

Hello, I am new to this site, I joined mainly because of this case. It just seems so extraordinary to me, so different from anything else I have come accross. I must admit it bothers me, but I am convinced that Darlie commited this unimaginable crime.

I voted the first option, although I don't think Darlie belongs on death row. I think she should get a life sentence instead. That would also mean she wouldn't get so much exposure (which she probably enjoys), since folks who are imprsoned for life tend to get less attention and hype than those on death row. Besides I am not a fan of DP (it doesn't exist in my country).

I guess I probably should start a new topic, but I am wondering if anyone has more info on upcoming documentary about Darlie, part of the series Death Row by Werner Herzog (2nd season)? I have seen the trailer (you can find it by googling it), but I was wondering when it will be aired and where.

For those unfamiliar with the series - they are basically in depth iterviews by Werner Herzog himself with death row inmates, there were 4 in Season 1 and will be 4 in season 2. Darlie is one of them, I think she's the only female featured.

I believe the On Death Row program on Darlie will air on Tuesday, September 10th at 9:00 pm EST/ 8:00 pm Central. The program is on the Investigation Discovery channel (ID). I believe it has been quite a long time since she has agreed to conduct an interview.

I voted the first option, although I don't think Darlie belongs on death row. I think she should get a life sentence instead...Besides I am not a fan of DP (it doesn't exist in my country).

Do you think she doesn't belong on death row because you don't think the murder she was convicted of rose to the level of the death penalty?

Or do you think she doesn't belong on death row solely because of your personal beliefs about the death penalty?

Just curious.

I believe the On Death Row program on Darlie will air on Tuesday, September 10th at 9:00 pm EST/ 8:00 pm Central. The program is on the Investigation Discovery channel (ID). I believe it has been quite a long time since she has agreed to conduct an interview.

Wow, that is soon, but I will not be able to see it, because I am not in US. Hope to catch it sometime later though, I think Herzog is a great interviewer, so I am very interested to see what Darlie will tell him.

Thank you for info - if you watch it, I would love to hear how it was.

Do you think she doesn't belong on death row because you don't think the murder she was convicted of rose to the level of the death penalty?

Or do you think she doesn't belong on death row solely because of your personal beliefs about the death penalty?

Just curious.

Oh, I guess I should have explained better. Yes, I don't believe in DP altogether. I think life without a parole is a better alternative, it is still a very harsh punishment, but no need to take someones life. But as I understand in Texas there is no such option as life without a parole? In my opinion - Darlie belongs in prison for the rest of her life and I would prefer that she would be forgotten as years go by, she doesn't deserve all this attention she's getting now.

I find it so amazing how she has managed to gather so many supporters - some presumably intelligent people among them. I guess it is her sort of creepy charisma combined with simple disbelief that this blonde houswife could do something like that. It is not just the fact that she was capable of taking her son's lives, it is HOW she did it - by stabbing them. It is quite unbelievable.

I think life without a parole is a better alternative, it is still a very harsh punishment, but no need to take someones life. But as I understand in Texas there is no such option as life without a parole? In my opinion - Darlie belongs in prison for the rest of her life and I would prefer that she would be forgotten as years go by, she doesn't deserve all this attention she's getting now.

It is not just the fact that she was capable of taking her son's lives, it is HOW she did it - by stabbing them. It is quite unbelievable.

Really violent infanticides like this are uncommon. Most women kill adults with poison (non-violent). I don't know the most common method of mothers killing their own kids. So, yes, that adds to the "unbelieveability" of a crime like this.

I believe she's undeniably a sociopath, possibly a psychopath. It's virtually impossible for the rest of us to fathom how their minds work and what motivates them to do what they do. All we really know is their tendencies and behavior patterns. The only people who truly understand sociopaths are other sociopaths.

I have doubts as to whether she'll ever see the needle in her arm. Executing women is not fashionable in the U.S. Not like it is with men.

My feelings are that she should also serve life, but not for the same reasons. I think it's more torturous for her to not be able to sell the world (and courts) on her lies and she'd suffer more spending her life failing at that than she would if she were executed.

The worst thing in life for pathological liars is not being able to get over on people. It completely deflates their narcissism and destroys their egos.

She should be sentenced to Forced Whining for Life. You can bet that if she were in GP and not on DR, she'd have a cadre of "wives" by now.

Darin hasn't supported Darlie for years. He stopped visiting her after the first few years she was on DR. Just because he doesn't speak out does not mean he still supports her. I believe Darin carries a whole load of guilt because he knows it was he she was in a rage and he knows her family will do anything to shift the blame to him.

My thinking is that he knew from the moment he came downstairs that she killed them.

He hasn't said much against for her for two reasons:

1. Keep the peace with her family for Drake's sake

2. Guilt about not being able to keep her from committing such a nasty crime and protecting his boys from her. He had to have known she was a pathological liar for years. He just decided to live with it (and her) for his sons' sake and to keep up appearances of the All American Success Story Family. I sincerely doubt it ever crossed his mind that she would ever do such a thing. Some people obviously still can't fathom it, even in the face of all the irrefutable evidence.

At this point he probably still is trying to protect Drake's psyche and keep the publicity down for his sake.

He will come out and tell us what he knows when:

1. Drake does first, or

2. She gets the needle in the arm.

Darlie and her sister, Dana, were the only ones on the tape spraying the boys graves with Silly String. And remember, Dana may have brought the silly string, but no one made Darlie use it.

MO is that it really wasn't so much the Silly String itself. Had she stood sorta slump shouldered and just sprayed it for 10 seconds or so with a sad look on her face, that wouldn't have been so damning.

It was the unmitigated GLEE on her face, chomping gum with her mouth wide open like a cheerleader. Her body language said everything EXCEPT "I'm in mourning". There's nothing in her demeanor that indicates an iota of grief. She must have somehow magically zipped through the 7 Stages of Grief in a week, doing something that takes normal people years and decades to work through.

It was really nothing more than a victory dance. She was gloating that she thought she got away with hit. Everyone who sees it is repulsed.

Watch it again and watch Darin's body language. He has his hands in his pockets and he's very subtly squirming. He's insanely uncomfortable watching his wife celebrate but he doesn't want to let it show.

If there was a moment when he had to really start doubting her story, standing 3 feet away from her witnessing that, that had to be it. Most couples grieving their sons would have been standing side by side, holding hands or his hand on her waist or shoulder or something. He's not even next to her. If you watched the video not knowing what it was, you'd have to guess he was her gardener or something, not her husband. I don't recall either of them even looking at the other.

It should be no surprise that the video was the nail in her judicial coffin. I can't recall any other mother who killed her kids inviting a TV station down to shoot her sack dancing on their graves less than 2 weeks after she murdered them.

Sick, sick, sick.

Really violent infanticides like this are uncommon. Most women kill adults with poison (non-violent). I don't know the most common method of mothers killing their own kids. So, yes, that adds to the "unbelieveability" of a crime like this.

I believe she's undeniably a sociopath, possibly a psychopath. It's virtually impossible for the rest of us to fathom how their minds work and what motivates them to do what they do. All we really know is their tendencies and behavior patterns. The only people who truly understand sociopaths are other sociopaths.

I have doubts as to whether she'll ever see the needle in her arm. Executing women is not fashionable in the U.S. Not like it is with men.

My feelings are that she should also serve life, but not for the same reasons. I think it's more torturous for her to not be able to sell the world (and courts) on her lies and she'd suffer more spending her life failing at that than she would if she were executed.

The worst thing in life for pathological liars is not being able to get over on people. It completely deflates their narcissism and destroys their egos.

She should be sentenced to Forced Whining for Life. You can bet that if she were in GP and not on DR, she'd have a cadre of "wives" by now.

First I wanted to say hi - I am new here too so it is nice to see other new people joining this forum (which seems to become less active nowdays compared to what it used to be years ago, when I wasn't around). :seeya:

I very much agree about the sociopath part. In fact, I actually believe that her need for attention is one of the main reasons she killed her boys. Someone in this forum (unfortunately, I can't remember who and in which thread) put it very well - Darlie must have felt depressed because with kids taking up most of her time and money problems growing she wasn't feeling like the center of the attention anymore and these murders - if she would've gotten away with them - was a perfect way for her to get lots and lots of attention and condolences as a grieving mother who lost two of her sons.

I totally agree that it is impossible for a healthy mind to understand the way a sociopath thinks. I believe that is why so many people still support Darlie.

Also - I agree with you that for Darlie it would really be a more painful punishment to be sentenced to life. No attention, no documentaries made, no one would be interested in her if that was the case.

First I wanted to say hi - I am new here too so it is nice to see other new people joining this forum (which seems to become less active nowdays compared to what it used to be years ago, when I wasn't around). :seeya:

I very much agree about the sociopath part. In fact, I actually believe that her need for attention is one of the main reasons she killed her boys. Someone in this forum (unfortunately, I can't remember who and in which thread) put it very well - Darlie must have felt depressed because with kids taking up most of her time and money problems growing she wasn't feeling like the center of the attention anymore and these murders - if she would've gotten away with them - was a perfect way for her to get lots and lots of attention and condolences as a grieving mother who lost two of her sons.

I totally agree that it is impossible for a healthy mind to understand the way a sociopath thinks. I believe that is why so many people still support Darlie.

Also - I agree with you that for Darlie it would really be a more painful punishment to be sentenced to life. No attention, no documentaries made, no one would be interested in her if that was the case.

Hi.

I didn't know the distinction between a sociopath and a psychopath. I looked it up yesterday. I didn't look it up in DSM III, though.

The one main difference I noticed is that a psychopath doesn't learn from his/her mistakes. That disqualifies Darlie from that diagnosis. She is certifiably, undeniably, stone cold lock, irrefutably, dyed-in-the-wool sociopathic. I think she has psychopathic leanings but doesn't fit the entire profile.

I believe the clinical term you're looking for is "attention *advertiser censored*". :rockon:

Oh yeah, without a doubt she is. She's a lifer AW. Someone else here called it Histrionic Personality Disorder but she takes it to a whole 'nother dimension. She's that and so much more.

She could easily be a whole career for some entrepeneuring psychiatrist who's looking to make a name for himself on one case study.

You're right. She could have and certainly would milked being the distraught Mother boys who were murdered by an intruder (who, of course, would never have been caught) her whole life for everything it's worth. I'm sure she would have hired an agent to get her booked on everything from Maury Povich to 60 Minutes to the Morton Downey Show. And she would have gleefully cashed every check and kept all the money. "College fund for Drake? Nawwww. He'll be fine."

She would have been America's Victim Princess for Life. "Well, Don Pardo, tell her what she's won!!"

I realize that some people can't wrap their minds around things they can't wrap their minds around.
In other words, they can't know (will never realize) what they can't know.
Does that make sense?

That's why the old adage "you can't win an argument with a fool" is still true today.

Her family is simply in denial. They will never see their Little Princess for the Sick, Demented, Sociopathic Murderess she became. Her Mom will go to her grave defending her poor, victimized daughter. They have no interest or incentive to try to understand the mind of a sociopath.

If you listen to interviews of profilers like Robert Ressler (RIP) and John Douglas you'll hear them describe traits of serial killers, but they'll never say they understand them fully. I don't think anyone ever will.

Hi.

I didn't know the distinction between a sociopath and a psychopath. I looked it up yesterday. I didn't look it up in DSM III, though.

The one main difference I noticed is that a psychopath doesn't learn from his/her mistakes. That disqualifies Darlie from that diagnosis. She is certifiably, undeniably, stone cold lock, irrefutably, dyed-in-the-wool sociopathic. I think she has psychopathic leanings but doesn't fit the entire profile.

I believe the clinical term you're looking for is "attention *advertiser censored*". :rockon:

Oh yeah, without a doubt she is. She's a lifer AW. Someone else here called it Histrionic Personality Disorder but she takes it to a whole 'nother dimension. She's that and so much more.

She could easily be a whole career for some entrepeneuring psychiatrist who's looking to make a name for himself on one case study.

You're right. She could have and certainly would milked being the distraught Mother boys who were murdered by an intruder (who, of course, would never have been caught) her whole life for everything it's worth. I'm sure she would have hired an agent to get her booked on everything from Maury Povich to 60 Minutes to the Morton Downey Show. And she would have gleefully cashed every check and kept all the money. "College fund for Drake? Nawwww. He'll be fine."

She would have been America's Victim Princess for Life. "Well, Don Pardo, tell her what she's won!!"

I realize that some people can't wrap their minds around things they can't wrap their minds around.
In other words, they can't know (will never realize) what they can't know.
Does that make sense?

That's why the old adage "you can't win an argument with a fool" is still true today.

Her family is simply in denial. They will never see their Little Princess for the Sick, Demented, Sociopathic Murderess she became. Her Mom will go to her grave defending her poor, victimized daughter. They have no interest or incentive to try to understand the mind of a sociopath.

If you listen to interviews of profilers like Robert Ressler (RIP) and John Douglas you'll hear them describe traits of serial killers, but they'll never say they understand them fully. I don't think anyone ever will.

Not sure of the sociopath dx, but IMHO from everything we know about her, she's most certainly a Narcissist. I'm of the belief that she went into a narcissistic rage as a result of what was going on between her and Darin at the time, he allegedly was going to leave her, IIRC, there may have been some hanky panky going on with her sister, etc. As well as possibly the diet pills, (was it Phentermine?) being a possible catalyst that carried her over into that level of demented, rage and extreme violence. Instead of attacking Darin though, she chose a much more vulnerable target, their boys. Plus what better way to exact revenge than kill Darin's boys. :(

Good to see some new discussion going on here. :welcome:

I thought this was a really interesting article about narcissistic rage. Actually, it's so interesting think I might go ahead and post it on another thread as well. ;)

http://thenarcissistatwork.com/2012/10/what-is-narcissistic-rage/
Excerpt from What is Narcissistic Rage?

If you’ve triggered a narcissistic rage in your narcissist, then you’ve injured or wounded their self-esteem. Nothing will bring them relief until you have been punished for your deed. That usually includes raging, verbal abuse, and will often continue to escalate to physical violence.

She's definitely a narcissist, that goes without saying. I think she fits the profiling for a sociopath much more than for a psychopath. She loves the limelight, I saw a documentary where she was singing a Shania Twain song at the end, and it freaked me. Erm you're on death row, your two boys are dead. Why the heck are you singing?

She's definitely a narcissist, that goes without saying. I think she fits the profiling for a sociopath much more than for a psychopath. She loves the limelight, I saw a documentary where she was singing a Shania Twain song at the end, and it freaked me. Erm you're on death row, your two boys are dead. Why the heck are you singing?

Argh ...just suffered a flash back of Arias singing Oh Holy Night!

She wrote the book on How to be a Narcissist and Alienate People.

I saw her singing, too. I sing in a band, but I doubt I'd sing in a jail cell to a camera and cameraman. Spooky.

Seeing as how she's severely sociopathic and does not have the ability to feel real human feelings (other than pity for herself), I think she was singing to try to humanize herself, knowing that a lot of people see her only as some sort of Monster SonKiller Mom.

But of course, not knowing anything about connecting with people emotionally (which is what most music is really about) she doesn't know what's appropriate and what's not.

Her overall look and demeanor is no more than that of a typical White Trash woman. She just happened to have some money for awhile. (I do not mean that as a racial comment. I just can't think of a more suitable description. Sorry.)

I could not watch more than 10-12 seconds of her singing. And it wasn't that she was really bad at it. It was just so incredibly creepy.

The only problem with all these narcissist, psychopath, sociopath, etc. theories is that the state's own paid psychologist deemed her to be a non-threat.

The only problem with all these narcissist, psychopath, sociopath, etc. theories is that the state's own paid psychologist deemed her to be a non-threat.

I don't recall that specifically, but if that is indeed the case it's not that surprising . Darlie's only perceived threats came from within her own family, i.e., financial problems, marital problems, and her high and mighty lifestyle going down the tubes; and, her boys, Devon in particular, was to the age that he wasnt as easy to control and manipulate, so maybe her self-centered ego couldn't deal with what she considered to be competition. Whatever the case, they were obviously crimping her style so she got rid of them.

No, she was no longer considered a threat, Because she put an end to what she perceived as a threat to her. Thus, threat neutralized.

Btw, I've often wondered if she didn't really want to kill Damon but did so as he was a witness to her murder of Devon, or at least of her standing over him with a bloody knife. Can you imagine the horror, that poor little boy witnessing such a thing, by his own mother? :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back