Dixie Chicks win five Grammys

PrayersForMaura said:
DITTO your entire post!

The Dixie Chick sisters should kick natalie out of the band and hire Carrie Underwood to replace her!! :)
She's more talented, prettier, more graceful and just an all around better person with a better image.
That's odd, because I watched them receive a standing ovation with their first win. Maybe the applause petered out after racking up so many awards.

The one thing I was STARING for was the body language between Natalie and her husband, whom I adore on the show Heroes. Something definitely seemed off there. Did anyone else notice?

fundiva said:
...some of the "conservatives" are hypocrits that don't walk their talk like the chicks do.
Perhaps, the "conservatives" were just being gracious and nice. That's what normal, mature people do in a public venue. Don't you think Reba knew that if she stayed seated, the cameras would pan to her? Why give the media any fodder? I know if I were there, I would politely stand up and clap, too. ;)

Masterj said:
That's odd, because I watched them receive a standing ovation with their first win. Maybe the applause petered out after racking up so many awards.

The one thing I was STARING for was the body language between Natalie and her husband, whom I adore on the show Heroes. Something definitely seemed off there. Did anyone else notice?

Her hubby is a doll. We like Heroes too. He also had a small roll on Desperate Housewives. I did see them hug when they went up for awards. Maybe they just aren't big PDA people. :confused:

Masterj said:

I thought it was fine during the last award, didn't see the others. I think Adrian is a hunk! All three of their husbands are fine... :blushing:

Nova said:
You're dreaming. It has already been reported that they got more than one standing ovation.
I'm dreaming? Oh, that's a relief.
Gosh. I guess my ears must be failing me. Woe is me! :rolleyes:

fundiva said:
That's pretty funny. It wasn't just the "liberals" jumping up. I saw Reba McIntyre standing up during the ovation, smiling and cheering them on. I couldn't believe it because of her snide remarks about the Chicks during the Country Music Awards. Obviously some of the "conservatives" are hypocrits that don't walk their talk like the chicks do.
Maybe Reba was applauding as a courteous thing to do. :waitasec:

ljwf22 said:
I thought it was fine during the last award, didn't see the others. I think Adrian is a hunk! All three of their husbands are fine... :blushing:

Aren't some of them related? I think Natalie and Martie's hubbys are cousins or something.

Or maybe Reba was standing and clapping because a female country group got some nice honors. Even if she doesn't like the Chix personally I could see her applauding for something on a more basic level that she believes in.

Reba is one classy woman. I love her and i love her TV show too. She's a hoot!

Jules said:
Her hubby is a doll. We like Heroes too. He also had a small roll on Desperate Housewives. I did see them hug when they went up for awards. Maybe they just aren't big PDA people. :confused:

He was also a recurring character on Judging Amy, the next-to-last season. I think he's hot, too, but he's also a very good actor.

Nova said:
He was also a recurring character on Judging Amy, the next-to-last season. I think he's hot, too, but he's also a very good actor.

That's it! I knew I had seen him on something else too! He is hot! ;)

Jules said:
That's it! I knew I had seen him on something else too! He is hot! ;)
He also was in 'Top Gun', one of the pilots.

I believe Martie Maguire's husband is a cousin to Natalie Maines' sister's (Kim Maguire) husband. Or something similar....

Was he one of Val Kilmer's buddies in Top Gun? He is very handsome and his character on Heroes is very intriguing. Back to his wife, they just didn't seem very affectionate with each other.

Annie said:
They have every right to say what they want and we have every right to not buy their music or play their music. It doesn't work just one way.

Exactly. They can say what they want, I just don't have to agree with it (and I don't). My house has been Dixie Chicks free and I plan on keeping it that way.

luvbeaches said:
Exactly. They can say what they want, I just don't have to agree with it (and I don't). My house has been Dixie Chicks free and I plan on keeping it that way.

Not to worry. Their record quickly sold out at my local Starbucks. And this ain't country music territory.

Obviously, they aren't selling as many records as they did when they were country darlings, but they are still very successful. And how much money do they need?

I don't have anything against the Dixie Chicks, but I was disappointed that Corrinne Bailey Ray and "Put Your Records On"; didn't get an award; to me it was the "catchiest" new song this year. Also James Blunt's "Beautiful", I thought was, well, beautiful - it was played constantly on the radio.

I don't listen to country music that much, but I don't see why they should have gotten so many awards. On the other hand, I'm glad they had a successful album after all the "controversy".

I'm just mad that I can't stand up in front of an audience and wish George Bush were not from Texas. I bet he doesn't know what the state bird is.

(Oh, by the way, the Dixie Chicks live right down the road from me; but I've yet to catch a glimpse of them)

nanandjim said:
Perhaps, the "conservatives" were just being gracious and nice. That's what normal, mature people do in a public venue. Don't you think Reba knew that if she stayed seated, the cameras would pan to her? Why give the media any fodder? I know if I were there, I would politely stand up and clap, too. ;)
She was doing more than just clapping politely. She had a huge grin, was shaking her head "yes" and looked like she was thrilled. Thus, the hypocrite comment.

PrayersForMaura said:
Reba is one classy woman. I love her and i love her TV show too. She's a hoot!
I thought she was classy too until she made the remarks at the Country Music Awards. You would have thought the host would have tried to be diplomatic. Funny how many of you don't approve of the Chicks making remarks about other people, but you are totally behind other country stars doing the same thing, just from the other side. The behavior is the same. If Reba had any class she would have just done her hosting job and kept her mouth shut.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back