Do the comments about Kyron being alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNIPPED

Just thinking that although this sounds a like a whacko plan, it actually makes it all make sense. It explains the MFHP. She wanted to keep Kyron, but not Kaine, in a divorce Kaine would have custody. It explains the abduction and hiding of Kyron. It explains her friends wanting to help. It explains DY saying she believes Kyron is "stashed". It explains why she wanted everyone to believe Kyron was abducted by the MMC.

What am I missing?

It's a plausible scenario but for me the problem is that once she becomes the prime suspect, media-spotlight, public enemy #1, she would have to realize that she could never just fade into the sunset for a new quiet life where she could be reunited with him. Once she realizes this she would be cutting a deal to salvage what she could of any life at all. We've seen no sign of that.

It's a plausible scenario but for me the problem is that once she becomes the prime suspect, media-spotlight, public enemy #1, she would have to realize that she could never just fade into the sunset for a new quiet life where she could be reunited with him. Once she realizes this she would be cutting a deal to salvage what she could of any life at all. We've seen no sign of that.

I moved this post over to the connect the dots thread. My guess is if this was the plan, it wasn't supposed to go this way, no way was anyone supposed to suspect TH, and that is WHY she is sooooo ticked off. Now, if this is the case, just a theory I'm trying to think thru, perhaps she's been meeting with her attorney in this regard and has given him information (true or not) of the reasons for her wanting out of the marriage and for taking Kyron away from Kaine. Dunno, it's just a theory.

Good examples. Thanks for such a thoughtful post. The most frustrating missing persons cases are those in which LE , through circumstantial evidence, can reasonably conclude that the missing person is dead and that their suspect is the perpetrator--but there is no body and no crime scene. What LE has managed to do in all three of these cases is get the suspects off the street, and potentially, in prison. Casey Anthony was jailed on the check charges, and once Caylee's body was found, she was charged with murder. In Haleigh's case, they have the two suspects who have implicated themselves and each other, Misty and Tommy, going to prison on drug charges. Two other popular suspects on WS are Ron C., the natural father, or the Croslin cousin who has been implicated by Misty and Tommy). One of them is off the board on drug charges and the other will end up in prison at some point unless he has some sort of "Paul on the Road to Damascus" epiphany. The custodial interference charge in the Baby Gabriel case is genius, as it caught both the mother and the wannabe adoptive mother.

While it's frustrating not to know exactly what happened, at least these people aren't running around with no consequences for what they have done. And while they sit in prison, LE can keep an investigation going on a low burner until either a living child or a body is found--because there is no statute of limitation on murder or for kidnapping in most states.

Oh, and Billylee, your theory works for me.

Thanks, just an idea based on what we know so far, I moved it over to the connect the dots thread, which is where I meant to post it in the first place. I think I sniffed to much drano yesterday trying to unplug my drain with a plunger! LOL

Another reason to keep Kyron as a living "kidnapped" child is they receive help from outside agencies including the FBI. Once they change the case to a homicide, the do not receive the same type of help.

If Kyron is alive, and I Pray he is, I would like to know, IF TH and/or DS hid him. Where does anyone think he could be? They had what it looks like 3 hours. I'm sure they must have checked the passports of all of them if they have one, because Canada would not be out of the question time wise at all would it? Does anyone know if they've searched relatives homes? I mean, they're searching her friends homes and if TH had all these people convinced KH was a bad guy, I'm sure she probably convinced her relatives too, no? Do we already have a thread for where Kyron might be if alive and was hidden by TH or can we post it here?

It's over 3 hours to the border and then you have to wait to cross the border, which is generally not a real fast process, not in my experiences anyways and not at the border crossings they could reach in a 3 to 4 hour time frame. I don't think border crossing is plausible.
Now, if she convinced an underground group that she and the child were being abused, Kyron could be with someone, virtually anywhere and IF they believed it to be true (she would have had to show them proof), they would keep the child concealed, even with LE looking. Really BIG IF I might add.

rule out a murder indictment?

LE stated again today that there is no evidence Kyron is not alive. This indicates to me that Terri's receipts from Fred Meyer do not include items like a shovel, gloves, duct tape, a storage bin, etc. This also indicates to me there is no physical evidence of any kind linked to Terri or anyone else in her inner circle that conveys a death occurred, accidental or otherwise.

I'm just a little confused about what the indictment might be for, I guess. IMHO, children aren't generally abducted to go on a fun trip or for their protection. No unofficial official underground network would've taken only Kyron, IMHO. What friend is watching over Kyron for safekeeping and why? And if they were watching him for safekeeping, why not drop him at a gas station and get the hell out of dodge?

Kyron being stashed is just so unlikely to me, and yet LE has no evidence that Terri murdered him or had him murdered. And yet they're sure she's the one who abducted him to what end? Protection? Revenge? And who is watching over him?

All I can say is it takes me back to "Parents have been deprived of their child for 53 days".

I just find that wording to be interesting in light of how this has all played out.

I still find it hard to imagine he's alive, and as always, I'm not sure if I'm wanting to see hope where there is none, or they really think there's hope.

I will say this... My gut instinct is that Captain Gates was being very honest, both with himself, and the press, when he said there was no evidence he is not alive. There was a slight nod to the left, a brief hesitation, but I believe he really thinks he is actually alive. I just.... can't imagine how that could be. What could the unusual people be up to? I don't get it.... Those pieces don't add up.

And now we have finished our illustration into why I never was, never would be, and never SHOULD be, any form of LE whatsoever. :)

They are calling this a criminal investigation, aren't they? if they don't believe he is alive, don't they call it a homicide investigation?

They are calling this a criminal investigation, aren't they? if they don't believe he is alive, don't they call it a homicide investigation?

A previous post by BDE:

LE statement on July 30, 2010: "We believe that Kyron’s disappearance involves criminal behavior because we have (the) parents that have been deprived of their son for 53 days," Moore said.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Kyron-Horma...-99629489.html

No mention of homicide. At best, this looks like "custodial interference" to me.

If LE thinks Kyron is still alive,where do they believe he might be located ? Why do they keep wanting to search people's homes around Skyline ? And who has him ? This is quite strange IMO The FBI statistics regarding missing children are grim ; I wonder why this case would be different ? The only thing I can think of is that TH said something to KH in the heat of their separation that has led him to think she took,or gave Kyron to someone who hid him... But then, KH has said that TH lies a lot.... It's all starting to seem so... bizarre .

All JMO

OK, I am hoping he is alive too, I held out hope till they found Caylee's body that she was alive...

But, seriously, what are the chances? He is not a baby! It would take a lot of effort and a tight relationship with someone to hold a child, and hide from the law, kwim?

It is just hard to see it!

A previous post by BDE:

LE statement on July 30, 2010: "We believe that Kyron’s disappearance involves criminal behavior because we have (the) parents that have been deprived of their son for 53 days," Moore said.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/Kyron-Horma...-99629489.html

No mention of homicide. At best, this looks like "custodial interference" to me.

I believe you are right and as long as they are focusing on Terry, they have to say he's alive. If they are planning to arrest her, for anything less than a homicide. I truly don't think, they think, he's alive, they just can't state it.

The fact that sticks in my mind is that TH was trying to hire someone to kill Kaine. Apparently, she felt she couldn't do it herself and needed someone else to do the dirty work.

If that's the case, it seems unlikely she could muster up the guts to kill Kyron. Nor do I think she could find anyone else to do it for her, not for any amount of money. For those reasons, I still hold out hope that Kyron was kidnapped and stashed with someone, to punish Kaine.

It's been ?? 2 months now. Why would she have not ended it long ago. Would she risk going to jail forever? Much like, why would Casey face prison to protect Caylee/her immediate family - yet the "the truth" never came out as promised even when Caylee's body was ID'd.

I don't get the logic. Maybe for 4 days, but not 2 months.

I am not certain what they might charge her with, but I question it being MFH. I thought (please correct me if I am mistaken) that Desiree testified at the GJ. I can't imagine what knowledge she would have (other than KH's emotional state after being informed by LE of the plot) of the MFH.

This case is so heartbreaking :(

The fact that sticks in my mind is that TH was trying to hire someone to kill Kaine. Apparently, she felt she couldn't do it herself and needed someone else to do the dirty work.

If that's the case, it seems unlikely she could muster up the guts to kill Kyron. Nor do I think she could find anyone else to do it for her, not for any amount of money. For those reasons, I still hold out hope that Kyron was kidnapped and stashed with someone, to punish Kaine.

Betty P - I see your perspective,but I have a different thought. I am not sure that she tried to contract a MFH on Kaine so much because she didn't have the nerve to kill him herself, but more likely,IMO,that it would be easier to accomplish the deed if it were contracted to a third party. KH is an adult, and she was living with him at the time, so it would be hard for her to kill him herself without raising some suspicion on Kaine's part.

OTOH, Kyron was only 7 years old, and had the innocence of
a child's heart, so TH could more easily trick him, and complete her plan before Kyron even caught on to what was happening. I looked at those roads leading from where the truck was in the pictures from the press release today, and wondered where they lead. I am far from the Portland, Oregon area. so forgive me if this has been asked/answered before: Are there ravines, or cliffs or areas like that where someone could have taken Kyron and then threw him from that area? I know that is gruesome, but I have a very bad feeling that he was deceased way before it was found that he was not on the school bus ride home. JMO

They are also still not naming any person's of interest or suspects.... while it seems pretty obvious to everyone that they have person(s) of interest.

When Gates said that about not having evidence that Kyron's isn't alive...I kind of thought about that. Just because they don't say "we think we have a homicide" doesn't mean they don't think that. It seems as thought they are searching for evidence of one.

I also immediately flashed back to the Kaine/Desiree interview where Kaine said that Terri was working as hard as they were to get Kyron home...then filed for divorce and a restraining order the next day.

Things can change overnight in this case....drastically. So I can't really believe anything LE says... simply because I do not believe they have no person(s) of interest.

I will be the very last one to give in and accept Kyron is not alive. But I did not get an overwhelming reassurance from Gates statement today. I could see a murder indictment coming down tomorrow, the day after he made that statement. Just like Kaine filing the day after defending Terri...

rule out a murder indictment?

LE stated again today that there is no evidence Kyron is not alive. This indicates to me that Terri's receipts from Fred Meyer do not include items like a shovel, gloves, duct tape, a storage bin, etc. This also indicates to me there is no physical evidence of any kind linked to Terri or anyone else in her inner circle that conveys a death occurred, accidental or otherwise.

I'm just a little confused about what the indictment might be for, I guess. IMHO, children aren't generally abducted to go on a fun trip or for their protection. No unofficial official underground network would've taken only Kyron, IMHO. What friend is watching over Kyron for safekeeping and why? And if they were watching him for safekeeping, why not drop him at a gas station and get the hell out of dodge?

Kyron being stashed is just so unlikely to me, and yet LE has no evidence that Terri murdered him or had him murdered. And yet they're sure she's the one who abducted him to what end? Protection? Revenge? And who is watching over him?

Bolded respectfully by me.

I have seen this said before. I have seen it said early on in an investigation (2 months is not a long time in comparison to other missing children's cases we have on WS) and it was changed at a later date, it can change whether or not they find remains of a missing child.

But I read it as:

" there is no evidence Kyron is not alive"

Meaning: they do not have hard proof through forensics that Kyron is deceased. No hard evidence.

They didn't say "we believe at this time Kyron is alive and we will find him" No, rather we can assume they made a statement about what evidence they may have at this point in time rather than speaking directly to Kyrons status.

Does it rule out a murder indictment? No IMHO. This statement can be retracted or modified tomorrow if they choose to do so.

Would the lack of hard evidence of a homicide rule out a murder indictment? No, not IMHO, we see people tried and convicted all the time without the remains of the homicide victim being found. It's not uncommon, in fact it is more common to present a charge of homicide/murder to the court with circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence can be enough to convict someone of a crime if it proves beyond a resonable doubt that the crime took place.

But I read it as:

" there is no evidence Kyron is not alive"

Meaning: they do not have hard proof through forensics that Kyron is deceased. No hard evidence.

I agree with what you are saying. It is all in the wording. Personally, I don't think think they have hard proof or forensics that Ky is deceased or alive (other than he is missing). I know it may not be likely but I am really hoping that with the almost confirmed possibility of the involvement of others we will find that Kryon really is being "stashed". We don't have any evidence that he is, but we don't have any that he isn't.

It just seems to me that important discoveries, of an evidentiary nature, that come out by now (a body, a smell (sorry), clothing). Does anyone have a statistical reference for the number of children that go missing and how many are found (safe, deceased, etc.) versus those that are never found? I'd really be curious.

I remember a presser were LE said something to affect that " keeping Kyron from his parents" I still looking for the wording in that presser.

They used to say it for a long time since Haleigh Cummings went missing and then they labeled it a homicide investigation anyway.

I think it means:
-they haven't found a body
-nobody confessed to knowing he's dead except possibly some psychics
-there was no obvious cadaver smell in the trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics