Does Skyline school bear any responsibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enlarged in Photoshop and noted the same thing. I do not believe it is a door. I agree with Morag that the door would be on the first floor below the windows. It would not make sense for the blue thingy to be a door, because it doesn't make sense that it's on the first floor of anything. I think the staircase turns down the landing and goes down more steps.

If the door is under the windows, then it looks like it opens to a soccer field? Am I reading the maps correctly?

Hope I'm allowed to discuss photos in this thread.

Discussing the school photos in this thread is fine.

Aerial views of the school:

School2.jpg

School3.jpg

School4.jpg

School1.jpg

Based on the janitor photo, I believe Kyron's classroom is on the second floor under the #1. There is an exit door directly at the bottom of the staircase in the photo, which leads to the soccer fields and is really not close to a parking lot. I believe this is the door that is unsecured, but not positive.

Based on the janitor photo, I believe Kyron's classroom is on the second floor under the #1. There is an exit door directly at the bottom of the staircase in the photo, which leads to the soccer fields and is really not close to a parking lot. I believe this is the door that is unsecured, but not positive.
Thanks. And a little access road/dirt drive leading right up to it.

Does anyone else want to enlarge the pic with the janitor ( post #1) in the hallway and tell me if they think that the blue is actually bristol board and not a door? Here is an easy way to do it:

Right click on pic
click on Save image as
save to desk top
go to desk top
automatically opens in
windows picture and fax viewer
zoom in to look at all areas of the pic
I put it into Photoshop and used software called Genuine Fractals to blow it up to 1200 percent without pixelating it more than it already is. It's draping like it might be fabric or a thin paper like comes on a roll, because it has a dark edge and then the light is catching on vertical planes with slight color variations. At the top, there is some sort of paper that looks very similar to the other sheets of paper near it on that wall.

I tried to think what it might be, and the only thing that comes to mind is a component of some sort of a mobile that shifts on air currents, like the butterflies (I think) that are hanging above it.

:cow:

Aerial views of the school:

School2.jpg

School3.jpg

School4.jpg

School1.jpg

The only direction from the school where I can see those white pipe-looking things that are clear in the blown-up janitor photo are on that end. I agree.

This is another of his projects? Looks pretty professional compared to the one on the next table.

We're in the PPS and my son did a bridge project in second grade too, it must be district wide. The assignment was to research the history of and build a model of one of Portland's bridges. I helped my son build his, but it didn't look anywhere near as good as Kyron's.

ETA-- Actually, I think my son's class did this in 3rd grade. Maybe Kyron did it early because he was in a 2/3 class.

We're in the PPS and my son did a bridge project in second grade too, it must be district wide. The assignment was to research the history of and build a model of one of Portland's bridges. I helped my son build his, but it didn't look anywhere near as good as Kyron's.

ETA-- Actually, I think my son's class did this in 3rd grade. Maybe Kyron did it early because he was in a 2/3 class.

I believe his dad's an architect so it would make sense that such projects would be rather "fancy" as with dad helping I'm sure he had available to him ALOT that a common person would not.(I too went to school with a girl who's dad was an architect and her projects were quite similar with the help of her dad and the access he had to lots of materials that we did not)

This photo upsets me so much that I have a hard time examining it. Not sure why. I think something terrible happened in this vicinity.I wonder if Kyron was lured by that stairwell....In plain sight.

All JMO

I know it is an inexplicable fear and dread of something that happened in that area.

Is this picture of the janitor about to enter the stairwell outside Kyron's classroom from a surveillance camera?

If so, then wouldn't there also be video coverage of Kyron as well...as SM stated she last saw him walking to his classroom?

It seriously just boggles my mind that a school could forsake the safety of a child by not budgeting for such basic equipment? I fear it will most certainly come back to bite them in the azz after all is said & done in this case...and not only this but, IF school personnel did not adhere to visitor policies on the day of the Science Fair, too.

The photo has a few safty issues.

The desk in the hallwall is directly under metal pipes which some kids would think fun to hung on if they stand on the desk.
The trash can is on rollers next to a set of stairs. Kids could shove it down onto other kids or even kust fall into it. And it is on rollers! I hope it is accounted for and all other roller type things this school has in its inventory.
The chair hanging over the desk which faces the opening part of the door which could be pull down accidently as the door opens and closes.
The plastic bag hanging off the cart.

I often hear "you think of every possible thing that could go wrong. " from my not always safty concerned kids.

I looked at the trash can set up and why is the extra bag hanging off the side if the trash can is on rollers so they roll it to take out the trash. If they pull the bag there why have it on rollers. And if they dont most have a bigger trash bin they push arround until it is all collected and bags are hung on that cart. It may just be a however this person does things but it is odd and doesnt make sence.

I haven't heard anywhere that the school called the parents when this little boy didn't appear in his class. Does anyone know if they did or not? It just doesn't seem that someone would come right into the school and take a little kid unless they work at the school. I think there is a lot more to this case then we are being told. This little guy belonged in a class. The teacher would have noticed that he wasn't in his chair as soon as class resumed if they had been on recess or the science fair was over. It seems that the parents weren't notified until after school was out or he didn't come home. Something just seems off with this story. Anyone else feel the same way?

I believe his dad's an architect so it would make sense that such projects would be rather "fancy" as with dad helping I'm sure he had available to him ALOT that a common person would not.(I too went to school with a girl who's dad was an architect and her projects were quite similar with the help of her dad and the access he had to lots of materials that we did not)

He isn't the kind of architect I think you're referring to.

From the email sent out:

Enterprise Business Architect
Intel Corporation

Has there been any official corroboration of the "appointment" issue & misunderstanding between teacher & step-mom? IIRC info about Kyron being marked absent came from the principal or school superintendent but I do not remember reports of LE addressing that.

I certainly understand Kyron's teacher's not being identified or speaking to media. Her testimony is possibily the ace-in-the-hole for prosecutors if this goes the way of so much speculation.

Actually, is there ANY official info other than:

#1 Kyron & stepmom were at school early to set up his science project

#2 both were seen by some students & staff , last seen before 9

#3 marked absent, not on the bus, school notified & 911 called

#4 7 year old Kyron missing, 4 parents identified, pictures & description of Kyron & his clothing

#5 extensive searches of school & adjacent property, determined he did not wander away on his own

#6 searching now on the island

Online petition for school safety/school safety measures, in Kyron's name. Not sure how effective it will be - I've never heard of this website being used before today and the petition was only started like an hour ago - but someone wants change based on the lack of cameras in the Skyline school, and started this petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/the-kyron-horman-petition

Does anyone else want to enlarge the pic with the janitor ( post #1) in the hallway and tell me if they think that the blue is actually bristol board and not a door? Here is an easy way to do it:

Right click on pic
click on Save image as
save to desk top
go to desk top
automatically opens in
windows picture and fax viewer
zoom in to look at all areas of the pic

there is an even easier way... hold down ctrl and scroll your mouse, like on the actual posted picture, no need to save. Should work in IE i use chrome but you just hold down the ctrl button and scroll your mouse zoom in.

294 total students. Grades from K to 8. June 15 was the last day of school.

List of Staff Positions from their website:
Teacher Grades 4-5
Teacher Grades K-1
Teacher Grades 4-5
Math/Science Grades 6-8
Math/Science Grades 6-8
LA/SS Grades 6-8
Principal's Secretary
Teacher Grades 2-3
Counselor
Principal
Teacher Grades 4-5
LA/Math Grades 6-8
Teacher Grades K-1
Teacher Grades K-1
LOA Teacher Music
Teacher Grades 2-3
Teacher Music
Teacher Grades 2-3
Teacher PE
Library/ Instructional Tech Assistant
Teacher Grades 4-8 Spanish

School Handbook is dated 2008 - looks like it wasn't updated for the most recent school year:
http://www.pps.k12.or.us/schools/skyline/files/school-skyline/Parent_Handbook_2008-Final.pdf

From Handbook:
Building Security
All parents, visitors and volunteers are required to checkin at the office prior to entering any other portion of the building. Identification tags are to be worn by all adults in the building during school hours. For security purposes, only the main entrance and East door will be unlocked during school hours. All other doors will be locked or monitored, as required by our district’s security policy. Please assist us as you enter or exit the building and check to see that doors are closed securely. If you are in our building and notice individuals without an identification badge, please ask them to register in the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea