Dominican Republic - Darryl Fornatora, 46, FL man missing, 28 Jan 2016

Snip

Hendrex also saidRigby continues to change his story about what happened while in the Dominican Republic, as well his reasons for leaving early.

“The original story was that he left early because there was no surf and Darryl wanted to stay, but then it unfolded into something different. The latest is that Darryl was acting paranoid and upset. Matt told him to ‘calm down’ and suggested they go into town. Then Matt said he turned his back and Darryl was just gone.”

The Fortanora family hasn’t heard from Rigby lately, and he’s refusing requests from the media. Yet, he isn’t the only person that said Fornatora was acting paranoid. Witnesses that saw Fornatora on January 27 also said that he was acting strange and “out of it.” However, Hendrex said that her brother has never had a mental illness and doesn’t use drugs. According to Hendrex,

http://www.my2b.net/2016/02/28/darryl-fornatora-surfer-who-mysteriously-disappeared-still-missing/

He would have needed a passport to fly anywhere. I assume his passport has not been scanned AND wonder if its been located.

Darryl's sister said that the friend "took" some of his belongings, including his computer. (Link above)

bbm

Sorry I should have been more clear. I was wondering whether his friend returned to Florida before 5 pm. That would let him off the hook.

So...the family has hired a PI in DR who is a retired NYPD detective. He is working with Crime Stoppers and the US Embassy to try and locate DF.

From the PI's commnts on a DR newspaper, they believe DF is "running from something/someone and fears for his safety". There were possible sighting, as well.

Hells Angels Quebec is very very active in Cabrete. It's their home away from home complete with bunker. Could Darryl and his friend have witnessed something shady and harm has come to Darryl because of it? Maybe that's why his friend is being so cagey and the witnesses claim Darryl was acting paranoid/scared because he truly was fearful for his life.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/24/dominican-republic-becomes-refuge-for-quebecs-most-wanted

mAybe this is why his friend left his vacation early... Like who does that? Leave when there is not "real" emergency to do so. He left because the waves sucked ?? I dont buy that.. Nope.. Imo .. He was on the run.. Hopped on the plane to safety..

mAybe this is why his friend left his vacation early... Like who does that? Leave when there is not "real" emergency to do so. He left because the waves sucked ?? I dont buy that.. Nope.. Imo .. He was on the run.. Hopped on the plane to safety..

According to DF's family the "friend" gave conflicting stories. Why??
If the "friend" felt threatened or in danger, why not tell the truth? Call LE? The embassy?

The inconsistencies in his stories, returning home early, taking some of DF's belongings...IMO the "friend" knows much more than he's telling.

This is just too strange. I hope the FBI has an office down there and they are involved

Per DF's Mom on FB, this is a criminal investigation which involves US embassy, DR police, PI and SAR team. Active investigation and making progress.

It sounds like They must have stumbled into something nefarious. It appears that the friend was able to "run away" while leaving his friend behind.
It also does appear that maybe he was slipped something.
I do hope he's found safe. He's been missing way too long.

Its been more than 6 weeks since Searching for Searching for Darryl Fornatora suddenly vanished while on a surfing vacation in the Dominican Republic.
CBS Channel 12 News traveled to the northern coastal town of Cabarete where Darryl Fornatora was last seen to retrace his steps and to find out what investigators are actively doing to find out what happened to him and where Darryl may be.
We being our series of special reports TONIGHT (Tuesday) on CBS12 News at 5:30 p.m. Continuing coverage on CBS12.com and Wednesday on CBS12 News at 5:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/NewsGuyGreg/?fref=nf

Wow, this is quite a mystery
Just catching up

So Daryl"s friend (paraphrasing} said he came home early because there is no sense staying if the surfing wasn't good??? Um, your friend mysteriously disappeared the day before, seems staying to search would be a good reason to stay. That's what is no sense

IMO

If the friend left without knowing where Darryl was. why did he assume that Darryl would want him to take some of his things, surfboard and laptop with him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back