Dominican Republic - Darryl Fornatora, 46, FL man missing, 28 Jan 2016

http://cbs12.com/news/local/mystery-grows-around-missing-local-tennis-pro-darryl-fornatora

TIMELINE OF EVENTS

Monday, January 25, 2016:

Darryl Fornatora and Matt arrive to Cabarete, Dominican Republic, to begin week-long surfing

vacation.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016:

After 5 hours of surfing, Darryl Fornatora texted his mother, Nancy, to let her know they finished

surfing for the day. This is also the last time anyone in Darryl's family has heard from him.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016:

Matt later told Darryl's parents that it was on this day (Wednesday) that he last saw Darryl at a

surf shop in Cabarete. Matt also reportedly said Darryl began acting paranoid.

Thursday, January 28, 2016:

Matt cut his trip short and travels back to the U.S. on the day after he would later tell the

Fornatora's that he last saw Darryl. Matt traveled back to the U.S. with Darryl's surfboard and

computer.

Friday, January 29, 2016:

Back home in Palm Beach County, Matt called Nancy and Gilbert Fornatora. He reportedly told them he had not seen nor heard from Darryl since January 27 at the surf shop.

Saturday, January 30, 2016:

Matt returns to the Dominican Republic in an effort to search for Darryl. He also reportedly met with local investigators.

Sunday, January 31, 2016:

Original day Darryl and Matt were scheduled to return home to Palm Beach County.

Monday, February 1, 2016:

Matt returns home to Palm Beach County for a second time with no further information on Darryl's whereabouts.

In the days that followed several family members of Darryl's would travel to the Dominican Republic in hopes of developing new leads and to find Darryl. Nothing turned up.

Neither did anything surface as scores of volunteers searched by sea and air in the areas where Darryl visited.

"Obviously something happened, we just don't know what that something is," Nancy Fornatora said.

WATCH: See more from CBS12's Investigation into the disappearance of Darryl Fornatora on CBS12 News at 5:30 p.m Tuesday and CBS12 News at 5:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. Wednesday.

So Daryl"s friend (paraphrasing} said he came home early because there is no sense staying if the surfing wasn't good??? Um, your friend mysteriously disappeared the day before, seems staying to search would be a good reason to stay. That's what is no sense

IMO

The friend's story just doesn't make any sense. He claims he saw Darryl behaving erratically, then Darryl disappeared, so the guy just got on a plane and came home with some of Darryl's belongings because the surfing wasn't good?

That doesn't pass the smell test.

The friend's story just doesn't make any sense. He claims he saw Darryl behaving erratically, then Darryl disappeared, so the guy just got on a plane and came home with some of Darryl's belongings because the surfing wasn't good?

That doesn't pass the smell test.

If your friend wants to stay and try to surf, even if the waves are bad, why would you take his board and leave him there with nothing? What if he gets bored and wants to do some internet shopping? Or do you take his stuff because you already know he won't be able to? Definitely doesn't pass my smell test.

and, why would you travel back to the DR two days later after you've told the family Darryl's behavior was odd and he was paranoid, but, you left him, took some of his belongings and came home.

What is being covered up? and why?

Where are you Darryl?

I have a sinking feeling that Darryl will never be found. I hope that isn't the case but it has been a long time and the story is just too darn weird.

The friend seems to be named by his first name...... wonder why he is not named by both first and last? As sign that he is under suspicion?

I have a sinking feeling that Darryl will never be found. I hope that isn't the case but it has been a long time and the story is just too darn weird.

The friend seems to be named by his first name...... wonder why he is not named by both first and last? As sign that he is under suspicion?

Both his first and last name have been in MSM. Earlier articles.

I am inclined to agree
So much time has passed

I'll agree that this's weird, but I'd bet that he'll be found. I hope it's sooner than later..

Missing surfer's wallet found in Dominican Republic
1ff2d432-a575-4d22-ae8d-01c558418d0c-large16x9_031616_missing.PNG

Darryl Fornatora's wallet suddenly washed up on a beach in Cabarete, Dominican Republic.
Those close to the case tell CBS12 the wallet washed up Wednesday afternoon in the same small coastal beach town where Darryl was last seen.
http://cbs12.com/news/local/missing-surfers-wallet-found-in-dominican-republic

Innocent friend my @$$...

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

The other photo has a corner of a bill that appears to be discolored. IMO looks like blood.

Is that a bullet hole in the $20?

And if you look at the bills behind it some of them appear to have the same mark. Like something went through all of them. Like a bullet. But would his friend have brought a gun to the Dominican Republic?

CBS did their own investigating on what is being done to find Darryl, article from March 16:

CESTUR, the National Police and a local District Attorney each claim to have a leadership role in the investigation. Osvaldo Bonilla is the District Attorney leading the criminal investigation. He says the case remains active and open and they are "doing everything we can to bring Darryl home".

When asked if he believes Darryl is still alive, Bonilla said that it can't be proven that he is not alive and he is still hopeful. When asked about whether they have any evidence to believe Darryl may have gotten caught up with drug dealers or other illegal activity, Bonilla said "Those are guesses, we are working the investigation. I can't say that because we don't have those elements. We are doing the investigation."

Bonilla would not comment on whether they have developed any new leads or found any of Darryl's personal belongings such as his passport and clothing that are still missing.

Since none of our calls has been returned by Matt, we wanted to know what he may have told police. When asked about Matt's cooperation, Bonilla said, "Matt came down here, has been cooperating, he and Darryl's family knows each other and they are doing their best to give us the right answers."

<modsnip>

http://cbs12.com/news/local/retracing-darryl-fornatoras-steps-in-the-dominican-republic

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back