Dr. Phil Show Nov.14th / 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a very revealing quote from Dr. Phil

"You always have to consider that the family just doesn't want to accept that a family member has taken their own life," Dr. Phil said. "But in this case, I have to say, there is troubling evidence, both in terms of victimology and in terms of the actual scene and how it dovetails with the forensic findings from the forensic autopsy."

I feel quite confident Dr. CW 's results will find evidence of foul play. The PI's line about how the damage to RZ's neck should have been far more severe is telling.

SDSO can't be trusted to handle this case effectively as they are forced into a corner by their own actions. An independent investigation instigated by the AG's office is a must. Fresh brains, eyes and attitude to get to the bottom of this death.

This case is unbelievable. SDPD can either reopen case or dig in their heels and look like fools.
JMO

I think the SDSO's office needs to wake up and realize that AB is NEVER coming to you with the new evidence. You had your chance the first time and severely botched it.

This will go to the AG. I think thre SDSO's statements about not seeing the evidence are "rich" considering how long it took them to hand over a copy of the "closed" case file. SDSO I believe declined to have a member of their office attend the second autopsy and declined to participate in the show. This cash strapped family had to resort to pimping themselves on the Dr. Phil show to be able to afford financing their efforts to find justice. SDSO has completely snubbed this family and now cries foul they are not being involved. Ugh!

----------can't wait until we hear the entire 911 call.

..adam---"I've got a girl...she hung herself."

( dispatch asks if she's alive..)

..adam--- "Are you alive?" He responds to 911 "I don't think so."

--------------good grief!

has anyone done any good sleuthing on the brother?....something's up with that guy IMO

The PI went to San Diego, talked with neighbors and one set of neighbors state emphatically that they heard a woman scream, scream for help at 10:20 pm....
PI states this is a staged homicide, too elaborate. He also says if Rebecca had actually jumped from this height, with this rope she would have sustained more severe injuries.....

10:20 pm is also the time the bicyclist describes a woman at the Spreckels mansion as he was passing by. Why didn't he mention a scream for help?

Quote from Forensic Psychiatrist Mark Kalish:

"This isn't a suicide."

Wow. If I hadn't been reading everything I can find wrt Rebecca's death, I'd be thinking there isn't much evidence for either suicide or for murder.
I did miss some of the show, so maybe there was more.

Paraphrased, this comment from Sheriff Gore, via (not a) Dr. Phil:

...To date, no one has brought us new evidence to investigate...

Also paraphrased, Anne B.'s response:

...We will ask the CA Attorney General for a new investigation...

Wait. Why not take the questions back to Sheriff Gore, Anne, instead of jumping straight over his head to the AG? IANAL, but that seems to me like a great way to ensure Gore's office(rs) won't cooperate with a new investigation.:waitasec: Is the goal here a new and better investigation to determine who caused Rebecca's death, or an investigation into the SDSO's (clearly unsatisfactory) investigation? Because these are not the same thing at all!

Color me
a035.gif
confused as ever.

AB has to walk a careful line here for her clients. SDSO could see a lawsuit one day. By the end of the show tommorow I bet they will be begging to get the new evidence from AB to save their jobs. How embarassing for them but they put themselves there. They dug their heels in and now they look like fools. IMO.

10:20 pm is also the time the bicyclist describes a woman at the Spreckels mansion as he was passing by. Why didn't he mention a scream for help?

I would think those times are aproximate, at the very least there could be a five minute discerphency either way.

----------can't wait until we hear the entire 911 call.

..adam---"I've got a girl...she hung herself."

( dispatch asks if she's alive..)

..adam--- "Are you alive?" He responds to 911 "I don't think so."

--------------good grief!
I agree Lauriej, anyone who saw the original photos of Rebecca on the lawn that were not blurred could tell that she was definitely dead, but he who holds her cold body partially in rigor while he supposedly cuts her down carries her to the grass asks ARE YOU ALIVE??? Are you kidding me? Unfortunately that was the only thing new in the whole show, I hope tomorrow brings something new to us.

Oh my mistake there was the computer being used at 3:02, that's new. I wonder what it was used for? What webpages were accessed or what files were accessed? Did they do forensics on the computer?

Are you alive? Well at least AS wasn't asking RZ if she was dead.
:rolleyes:

The Sheriff's department declined to respond to specific evidence aired on the Dr. Phil Show, but issued a statement saying:

To date, neither our detectives, nor the Medical Examiner's Office have been presented with any evidence from this second autopsy. If Dr. Wecht or Miss Bremner would like to share information they believe is pertinent with our investigators, we would be glad to meet with them, rather than hear their results on television presented as entertainment.

Hmmm I wonder why they haven't shared the information? Could it be that they know already what the sheriffs department would do with the information had it been shared prior to the show? IMO it would have been publicly discounted to get the jump on it being aired.

I also now know why I never watched Dr Phil before, incredibly condescending in my opinion.

The Sheriff's department declined to respond to specific evidence aired on the Dr. Phil Show, but issued a statement saying:

To date, neither our detectives, nor the Medical Examiner's Office have been presented with any evidence from this second autopsy. If Dr. Wecht or Miss Bremner would like to share information they believe is pertinent with our investigators, we would be glad to meet with them, rather than hear their results on television presented as entertainment.

Hmmm I wonder why they haven't shared the information? Could it be that they know already what the sheriffs department would do with the information had it been shared prior to the show? IMO it would have been publicly discounted to get the jump on it being aired.

I also now know why I never watched Dr Phil before, incredibly condescending in my opinion.

BBM-Agree. The only reason I watched is because this is the avenue the family took to get their story to light and I wanted to know new information. Dr. Phil's commentary means nothing to me as he blew any credibility he had when he played host to the A's on his show. His opinions mean nothing to me.

I think the SDSO's office needs to wake up and realize that AB is NEVER coming to you with the new evidence. You had your chance the first time and severely botched it.

This will go to the AG. I think thre SDSO's statements about not seeing the evidence are "rich" considering how long it took them to hand over a copy of the "closed" case file. SDSO I believe declined to have a member of their office attend the second autopsy and declined to participate in the show. This cash strapped family had to resort to pimping themselves on the Dr. Phil show to be able to afford financing their efforts to find justice. SDSO has completely snubbed this family and now cries foul they are not being involved. Ugh!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I certainly couldn't tell ya....Maybe he had ear phones in and didn't hear, lots of riders listen to their ipods as they are bicycling. I just don't know.

AB has to walk a careful line here for her clients. SDSO could see a lawsuit one day. By the end of the show tommorow I bet they will be begging to get the new evidence from AB to save their jobs. How embarassing for them but they put themselves there. They dug their heels in and now they look like fools. IMO.

Just to clarify...SDSO looked like fools before now......just sayin'. JMO.

I actually believe the PI mispoke when he said "10:20" and the screams were actually heard at 11:20pm.

The neighbor didn't call 911? I don't know how they can live with themselves. Did they think a person in distress should be able to repeat their cry for help? Be able to deliver a long soliloquoy? "Help, my boyfriend who is angry at me for his son's accident is tying me up and torturing me!"

Sadly, it reminds me a self-defense class I took where they said that if you are in trouble, you should try to scream, "Fire! Fire!" People respond to that.

Something makes me think Dr. Wecht's opinion will be either inconclusive or leaning toward murder. That's because Dr. P. gave out the contact info to make donations to the Zahau's effort for justice.

No reason to donate if not for more investigation, right?

Coastal and Mrs. Holmes, thank you so much for the above.

It puzzles me that our numbers have dwindled down to only a few (sometimes I'm the only member here).

Hoping hard for a new investigation!

still here...reading, usually several days behind, but still checking.

That original story was written on Nov. 8th and updated. It has many errors. Not to mention that the results of the autopsy have not been aired yet and that there was no audience. Unbelievable. What is in the water in San Diego? NBC is just ignoring the whole thing because CBS is getting exclusives? This news coverage is disturbing.

Here is what CBS had to say.

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16039227/dr-phil-airs-new-evidence-in-coronado-mansion-mystery

I noted that his story was re-written today.

"Dr. Phil Finds Nothing New in Zahau Case"

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/dr-phil-zahau-spreckels-suicide-133849803.html

Although there was plenty of new information brought to the publics' attention this story refused to outline them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500