Dr. Phil Show Nov.14th / 15th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16039227/dr-phil-airs-new-evidence-in-coronado-mansion-mystery

-----------there are 2 short video clips at the above link.

..the snippet of the 911 call is heard about 20 seconds in on the shorter (2:30) clip titled:
"Dr. Phil airs new evidence in Coronado Mansion mystery".

POLICE DISPATCH: 911 emergency. What are you reporting?
ADAM SHACKNAI: I got a girl… hung herself.
POLICE DISPATCH: Is she alive?
ADAM SHACKNAI: Are you alive? I don't think so.
When the dispatcher asked "Is she alive", were they really meaning for him to ask the victim? AS handled that strangely...I wonder why? "Are you alive? I don't think so". How creepy and weird. just sayin....

San Diego Sheriff Bill Gore issued the following written statement at 7:12 p.m. on Tuesday, responding to the Dr. Phil Show series of reports:

After personally reviewing the two-part show by entertainment psychologist Phil
McGraw, Sheriff Bill Gore explained, "No new information has been provided by this second
autopsy." The case remains concluded.

"To date," Sheriff Gore said, "neither our detectives, nor the Medical Examiner's Office
have been presented with any new evidence from this examination. If Dr. Wecht, or Miss
Bremner would like to share information they believe is pertinent with our investigators, we
would be glad to meet with them, rather than hear their results on television, presented as
entertainment."

Sheriff Gore advised those who appeared on the "Dr. Phil" show altered and
misrepresented facts, as well as omitted pertinent details all together.

For example, the guests on the show referred to mixed DNA underneath Rebecca's fingernails. There were 13 samples taken from fingernails of both hands. Each of the samples was analyzed separately. In twelve of the samples, the DNA results were consistent with the presence of DNA from only one person.

The DNA types found in these samples matched the DNA of Rebecca Zahau. In one of the
samples, the results indicated the presence of DNA from at least two people. The majority of the DNA present was consistent with Rebecca's DNA. The amount of information obtained from the other contributor(s) was so minute; it was not possible to identify the source.

It is important to understand that small amounts of DNA can be transferred easily through
any number of ways including something as ethereal as a breath.

Their 'findings' that 'someone' had logged on to Rebecca's computer had already been
investigated by our detectives and it was simply determined to be an automatic computer update.

Further, Dr. Wecht did not reach out to the San Diego County Medical Examiner's Office
or the Sheriff's Office to attend the autopsy, as is normal protocol to establish and maintain a
clean chain of custody, should new evidence be found.

According to Sheriff Gore, "This is nothing more than sensationalism at its lowest point
and the family is only enduring more suffering from this insensitivity."

:banghead::banghead:
How insulting can Gore continue to be? This is not entertainment. His investigation is laughable and insensitive. The Zahau family deserve better than this. Treat this family like you would want to be treated if you were wearing their shoes. End of story.

Listening to that voice no emotion, no concern, flippant tone, sarcastic, demeaning. He cut her down he had to know her body was cold and stiff, and yet he asks. And the authorities can still call this a suicide? And the Shacknai family is blameless?
And he had dinner with her earlier in the evening, the night before. Less than 11 or 12 hours later he finds her hanging and this is his reaction.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/coronado-m...nscious/story?id=14955832&page=2#.TsRJsXJbU74

Hopefully this is will work. If you look at all the comments the poster made on all ABC stories they have some interesting information.
The aunt did talk to Rebecca but couldn't get a straight answer as to what happened.
The poster seems to have alot of against Asian women.

Question did Rebecca have a party with her health club friend the night before her death?
The poster seems to want to make a case for suicide but instead paints Rebecca in a pretty uncaring light. If she is uncaring why would she kill herself?
Welcome to WS! Unfortunately, the comments tab isn't working for me. Bummer...

Mixed DNA ‘all over’ Zahau death scene; some evidence not tested
Updated: Nov 17, 2011 12:47 PM PST
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer :rocker:

>>>snip

...In addition to the fingernail sample, unidentified DNA also was recovered from the rope used in Zahau's alleged hanging; a large knife used to the cut the rope; the bed frame to which the rope was tied; a door knob on the balcony door; and a pair of black gloves found on a table in the mansion, Grubb said.

"When you have a low-level mixture and it's so low that it's un-interpretable, it means that even if we have other subjects to compare, it's not going to be fruitful," said Grubb.

Because the amount of mixed DNA recovered was so minuscule, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said it was unnecessary to collect DNA samples from Zahau's boyfriend, Arizona tycoon Jonah Shacknai, or Jonah's ex-wife, Dina Shacknai...

<...>

...Attorney Bremner said Jonah Shacknai is seen on hospital surveillance video on the night of Zahau's death, but Dina Shacknai is not.

Sheriff Gore confirmed as much during his news conference.

"We don't have her (Dina Shacknai) on surveillance tape," Gore confirmed. "Her position was determined thorough GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady Children's Hospital..."
a095.gif

(article continues)

<<<snip

I really like this reporter, David Gotfredson. He seems to be asking - and reporting - the hard questions, and his articles are balanced and thorough.

Nice job, Mr. G! Keep up the good work!

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16068012/mixed-dna-all-over-zahau-death-scene-some-evidence-not-tested

Mixed DNA &#8216;all over&#8217; Zahau death scene; some evidence not tested
--Nov.17/201---snipped--

sheriffconferencenov16.jpg

--video-Sheriff's news Conference--Nov.17/2011

"It's a case that just cries out for answers and investigation. We have mixed DNA in her fingernails," the Seattle-based attorney said.

Sheriff's Crime Lab Director Michael Grubb did not dispute the presence of unidentifiable, mixed DNA at the Coronado scene.

"DNA can come to be on all sorts of surfaces; door knobs, any public surface can gain DNA from a number of people and it will reside there and may be picked up by someone else," said Grubb. "When you have a low-level mixture and it's so low that it's un-interpretable, it means that even if we have other subjects to compare, it's not going to be fruitful."
Because the amount of mixed DNA recovered was so minuscule, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said it was unnecessary to collect DNA samples from Zahau's boyfriend, Arizona tycoon Jonah Shacknai, or Jonah's ex-wife, Dina Shacknai.

Sheriff Gore said it was not necessary to test the underwear, based on his department's investigation and statements made by Jonah Shacknai.

"In the case of the underwear, it was determined through investigators that Jonah Shacknai's daughter, Gabby, and her girlfriends had stayed in the guest house up to a week before," Gore said. "It did not appear to be relevant to our investigation and not everything we seize in a crime scene is eventually submitted for forensic examination."

Attorney Bremner said Jonah Shacknai is seen on hospital surveillance video on the night of Zahau's death, but Dina Shacknai is not.

--more @ link--

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/nov/17/death-in-coronado-the-sheriffs-case-for-suicide/

Death in Coronado: The sheriff’s case for suicide

By Jan Caldwell-------PR Director SDSO.

midnight, Nov. 17, 2011

As public affairs director for the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department, I find myself in a unique position with regard to the death investigations of Max Shacknai and Rebecca Zahau.

I watched detectives investigate the deaths with professionalism, expertise and respect. I’ve observed some media exploit these tragedies because, as one television producer explained, they present an opportunity to “spike our ratings".

While it is an unusual suicide, it would be a truly bizarre murder.

------she then goes on to give her explanation of the "suicide."

http://www.760kfmb.com/story/16039227/dr-phil-airs-new-evidence-in-coronado-mansion-mystery

-----------there are 2 short video clips at the above link.

..the snippet of the 911 call is heard about 20 seconds in on the shorter (2:30) clip titled:
"Dr. Phil airs new evidence in Coronado Mansion mystery".

POLICE DISPATCH: 911 emergency. What are you reporting?
ADAM SHACKNAI: I got a girl&#8230; hung herself.
POLICE DISPATCH: Is she alive?
ADAM SHACKNAI: Are you alive? I don't think so.

I can't believe he could sound so cold and callous. He sounds like he thinks it's funny. His brother was losing his son, and now his brother's gf is dead. IMO, he sounds amused!

The only GPS triangulation of the cell phone is going to prove is where the phone was.
Not exactly "beyond the shadow of a doubt," is it?

I still want to know what movies JS and his ex used to watch.

Horror movies in which a murder is staged as a suicide?
This idea came from somewhere.

do we know what her background is like korean or something like that maybe im wrong but isn't that a culture where they have such strong beliefs about what happens when you die and how they carry out a funeral . Iam just wondering if she was from such a background with these beliefs wouldn't it really be a slap in the face for one to comitt suicide and also doing it naked .

I have never thought this was a 'staged suicide' because it would have to be staged to look more like a homicide and that just makes no sense if it truly was a homicide but was suppose to look like a simple suicide.

If it was a staged suicide then there wouldn't have instantly been so many questions tending to make people think it was a homicide.

Imo, although unusual, I do think it was a suicide.

I don't think Rebecca's family knew what was really in her mind at the time all this was transpiring. A lot of time someone does not tell their family everything.

IMO

I have never thought this was a 'staged suicide' because it would have to be staged to look more like a homicide and that just makes no sense if it truly was a homicide but was suppose to look like a simple suicide.

If it was a staged suicide then there wouldn't have instantly been so many questions tending to make people think it was a homicide.

Imo, although unusual, I do think it was a suicide.

I don't think Rebecca's family knew what was really in her mind at the time all this was transpiring. A lot of time someone does not tell their family everything.

IMO

I have always thought this was HOMOCIDE but made to look like someone other than JS did it in a rage. I believe she was tortured and then strangled when JS tried to find out the truth about what happened to his son. Once she was dead the brother AS helped stage the scene to look like murder. If the cops wanted to believe it was suicide all the better in the killer's mind. The message on the door is made to look like some outsider tried to kill both MS and RZ. While AS's initial 911 call says killed herself I feel the two of them fully expected the cops to think it was homocide, especially when they read the note on the door. No wonder JS is so PLEASED with the outcome.

I have always thought this was HOMOCIDE but made to look like someone other than JS did it in a rage. I believe she was tortured and then strangled when JS tried to find out the truth about what happened to his son. Once she was dead the brother AS helped stage the scene to look like murder. If the cops wanted to believe it was suicide all the better in the killer's mind. The message on the door is made to look like some outsider tried to kill both MS and RZ. While AS's initial 911 call says killed herself I feel the two of them fully expected the cops to think it was homocide, especially when they read the note on the door. No wonder JS is so PLEASED with the outcome.

I don't think there is any evidence that she was tortured. The small abrasions on her scalp were dime size and is very consistent with striking something as she went over head first. My husband has had worse hemorrhages when he struck his head on an open cabinet door he forgot to close.

Why would the Shacknai's want it to look like a murder?:waitasec: If it looked like a rage killing then that would point directly at JS, DS or AS so why would they want to implicate themselves?

Didn't Jonah Shacknai ask the AGs office to re-investigate the case? So I am not sure why you are saying he must be pleased.

The only one who may have staged the suicide to look like a homicide could have been Rebecca if she was wanting someone to take the blame for it.

Cell phone records and pings would show if any of these parties were in the vicinity of the mansion when they told LE they were elsewhere.

IMO

Mixed DNA ‘all over’ Zahau death scene; some evidence not tested
Updated: Nov 17, 2011 12:47 PM PST
By David Gotfredson, Field Producer :rocker:

>>>snip

...In addition to the fingernail sample, unidentified DNA also was recovered from the rope used in Zahau's alleged hanging; a large knife used to the cut the rope; the bed frame to which the rope was tied; a door knob on the balcony door; and a pair of black gloves found on a table in the mansion, Grubb said.

"When you have a low-level mixture and it's so low that it's un-interpretable, it means that even if we have other subjects to compare, it's not going to be fruitful," said Grubb.

Because the amount of mixed DNA recovered was so minuscule, San Diego County Sheriff Bill Gore said it was unnecessary to collect DNA samples from Zahau's boyfriend, Arizona tycoon Jonah Shacknai, or Jonah's ex-wife, Dina Shacknai...

<...>

...Attorney Bremner said Jonah Shacknai is seen on hospital surveillance video on the night of Zahau's death, but Dina Shacknai is not.

"We don't have her (Dina Shacknai) on surveillance tape," Gore confirmed. "Her position was determined thorough GPS triangulation on her cell phone, which put her in the vicinity of Rady Children's Hospital..."
a095.gif

(article continues)

<<<snip

I really like this reporter, David Gotfredson. He seems to be asking - and reporting - the hard questions, and his articles are balanced and thorough.

Nice job, Mr. G! Keep up the good work!

There are methods of amplifying minute amounts of dna, here is one:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_displacement_amplification"]Multiple displacement amplification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

So why this wasn't attempted, one can only guess. Are any of the items still in police custody? If so, hopefully AB can have them retested.

IMO, Rebecca didn't want to die, but was murdered. SDSO did not present anything real that points to RZ being suicidal. Just hours before she was murdered she texted her sister that she had to be strong for Jonah. Nothing points to Rebecca being at all suicidal. Remember, she still had hope, and MS was still alive. RZ spent her last day on earth carting people to and from the airport all day. JMO, somebody else ended her life and has gotten away with it!

I know it is shocking to think SDSO would cover or not look fully into this case to determine this as a homicide, but, IMO, that is exactly what it was. Who killed Rebecca?

The only GPS triangulation of the cell phone is going to prove is where the phone was.
Not exactly "beyond the shadow of a doubt," is it?

Especially when there is some indication that her phone is not always with her considering the length of time it to contact her after Max's accident.

Yes I see your point but there are other things to consider.

I don't think there is any evidence that she was tortured. The small abrasions on her scalp were dime size and is very consistent with striking something as she went over head first. My husband has had worse hemorrhages when he struck his head on an open cabinet door he forgot to close.

I believe, the four bumps on the top of her head did not break the skin. They bled under the skin and Dr. Wecht said they would have happened with a blunt round instrument.That would not be the railing.

Why would the Shacknai's want it to look like a murder?:waitasec: If it looked like a rage killing then that would point directly at JS, DS or AS so why would they want to implicate themselves?

I believe she was killed in a rage.... and then whoever did it did the best they could to disguise the killing and point to a stranger. It is very possible she was strangled with the t-shirt and then placed in the noose and lowered over the balcony. Dr. Wecht questions why her neck was not broken. That would be normal for that kind of drop in an actual hanging death. Also, RZ had all sorts of marks all over her back and back of her legs.... but not her arms... if she sustained those marks on the bushes below the balcony why in the world did her arms... that were tied behind her back not sustain marks?

Didn't Jonah Shacknai ask the AGs office to re-investigate the case? So I am not sure why you are saying he must be pleased.

Yes, JS did ask the AG for another look at the case BUT he did not bring fourth any evidence that would cause the AG to look at the case. Legally, what JS asked for would never be done. In fact any lawyer worth their salt would know the AG would immediately reject his request. The AG does not re-investigate to help people's emotions it has to be about evidence. It was a PR stunt IMO.

The only one who may have staged the suicide to look like a homicide could have been Rebecca if she was wanting someone to take the blame for it.

In my opinion it does not look like a staged suicide. It looked like murder by a stranger. It is confusing with only RZ's DNA showing up and the mixed DNA... as whoever was there had to get rid of their fingerprints. I think anything that could be done to take away from the actual murder was done. I find it chilling the message is in block letters similiar to the block letters JS uses in his companies brochures and in third person... JS spoke in third person in his last address to shareholders. Interesting that the " voice message" that supposedly triggered this violent and sudden suicide has NEVER been heard by anyone. SDLE took JS's word for it. I think RZ was already dead at the time that voicemail was deleted and it was the killer that deleted it. the knots... where in the world did RZ learn how to do this? But conveniently JS's brother AS knows how to do those and was as the house that night.

Cell phone records and pings would show if any of these parties were in the vicinity of the mansion when they told LE they were elsewhere.

Yes it would show where their phones were. I think RZ was killed right around the time of those screams well before midnight.
IMO

It is interesting to note that the first officer on the scene believed the death was a possible homocide and very suspicious..... it was only when the rest of LE became involed that they jumped to suicide.... this was because they KNEW RZ was being scrutinized for the death of MS... and this is why they jumped to suicide... they also had a grieving father and mother.... and it isn't easy to question them at a time like that and look at them a possible murderers. JS went along nicely with the suicide theory and added to the mix with a message he KNEW had been deleted.

Something that Nina said that I found interesting. The local reporter asked her about her son. She brought her son with her to DS's place. Who was looking after her son at 10:30 a night when she went over to the mansion?

The fact that she had so many questions and was clearly suspicious of RZ is very telling. DS would have the same questions and would be pressing JS to get answers from RZ. It would be human nature for him to go back to the mansion and question RZ about the accident.... but he has a history of violence. I can not think of a stronger motive to kill some .... even by accident... than the death of your child. The fact that RZ was naked means it was someone known to her and that was intimate with her that could easily get in the house and get that close to her. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamStevens357