Dr. Teresa Sievers Trial Discussion - Mark Sievers and Jimmy Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could very well be, especially considering some of her personal items laying on the garage floor.

-Nin
I have been thinking about CWW's testimony in re to his version of events when he was on the stand and he said he had to duck behind boxes quickly because T was pulling up in the driveway and the garage door opened and his plan changed. I think he came behind her when she was close to the entry door and kicked the dog bowls when bringing her inside the hallway...jmo

@beach - Sievers had a motions hearing on 11/5, but nothing on the court site on "what" happened. He still has trial starting 11/12.

Are you going to do a NEW thread for his trial - I did notice you changed the other one to JRR only. :)

@beach - Sievers had a motions hearing on 11/5, but nothing on the court site on "what" happened. He still has trial starting 11/12.

Are you going to do a NEW thread for his trial - I did notice you changed the other one to JRR only. :)
The motion was re the private investigator he has. it was approved

The motion was re the private investigator he has. it was approved

Thank you Oregonmama!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Linda Otterstatter (FBI trace evidence unit) stated, that the jumpsuit (JR had TS throw out of the car) was not examined for blood or duct tape residue.

I assume JR and CWW used dimmed flashlights inside the Sievers home to avoid being seen. The garage door has no window panels and the garage side door is solid as well, no window.

I really think CWW was setting up JR and knew exactly, when TS was going to arrive! He planned to have TS walk right into JR inside the house..but then he hit the dog bowl! CWW seemed genuinely aggravated about that dog dish..it would not have really mattered IMO, that TS was alerted of CWW's presence, unless..he really did not plan to murder her himself..Now he has to adjust the story in order to get his plea deal and in order not to let JR know about his initial plan i.e. JR being the fall guy. ??????

ALL IMO

-Nin
NIN I read all the great posts and think about them while performing physical work during the day. If Jimmy was being "set up" to take the fall for murdering TS, he still has a lot of issues to deal with on his lies ; not notifying LE (even if anonymously) a woman was gravely injured! #1) He lied to his employer #2) Lied to his probation officer 3) Lied to LE when questioned about spending time with Cww 4) Took swift and extreme actions to dispose of evidence that would show his locationS and involvement 5) He used his company overalls and skills at sealing wrist & ankle openings & wearing gloves in order not to leave DNA evidence.
Sure JRR makes a great mystery plot....but I'm not giving him credit for being either innocent or unaware. He may have fallen in the "shallow end" of the MS/Cww Sewer....but he still walks away with the same stink all over him.
Even writing this, I still am shocked he was not granted a new trial. Reading the posts between @beach and @AZlawyer (following their thinking between those two is illuminating) I understand the defense attorneys had the opportunity to ask questions of Dr.P and sit in on depo's.... before and after MS's arrest right? Sounds like someone (on the defense) missed reading a couple of pages of their homework. IMHO

Last edited:
Yes, you are right and according to the Kaen statement transcript it was indeed larger:

Carrie Kain 2015.08.24.pdf

-Nin
NIN, thank you for the link to the transcript. I am unable to copy/paste from the document, but it is on on page 30248. (So many sleuths have been gracious enough to help me find a document or picture quickly, so it is my turn.:)) Hopefully I am not in violation if I re-type a couple of sentences from it? "He got nervous acting when I went to look at the--the doggie door."
and stating further down the page: "Man this-this is a big doggie door."
Hmm, now I remember TS's dog ran out of the garage, the killers had put a cover over the doggie door and it was the only way??....NO, scratch the last sentence I wrote...the dog could have been locked in another room in the house? But, more likely, gone out the pool lanai, into the backyard, and circled around to the "jimmied" pedestrian door on the side of the garage frantically seeking his loving master.
Other than the dog running out of the garage, I don't recall anymore being mentioned about the dog in court. Anybody?

From your link...

Rodgers’ attorney filed a different motion Friday, and we continue to gather details to confirm the request of the new motion.

Wonder what this new motion is all about?
Not sure, but it's 14 pages long. There's also one of 14 pages filed in MS's case on the same date. I assume it's the same document, whatever it is.

Not sure, but it's 14 pages long. There's also one of 14 pages filed in MS's case on the same date. I assume it's the same document, whatever it is.
It is an ex-parte motion...
(Ex parte refers to a motion or petition by or for one party. An ex parte judicial proceeding is on where the opposing party has not received notice nor is present. This is an exception to the usual rule of court procedure and due process rights that both parties must be present at any argument before a judge.)

Pretty sure it is regarding the new trial request being denied

Without retrying the case here and just going off of the verdict & juror comments -
The jury obviously disregarded Wayne's testimony. The State never actually proved Jimmy was ever inside the house. It was pretty clear to me that the jury felt the conspirators were Mark & Wayne, hence his acquittal on the conspiracy charge. Per at least one juror, the primary evidence that convicted JR was the disposal of the jumpsuit and his phone.

If I was the defense and had this info, I would have argued that Wayne and Mark had yet another motive to murder Teresa. They were going to be charged with fraud. Jimmy was clueless when it came to the Medicare fraud, why would he want her dead? IDK if it would change the verdict but I don't think the jury found Wayne credible at all. I just think this would have been another reason for them to believe Wayne committed the act, as opposed to JR.
BEACH, You did not over think this appeal. As a matter of fact...it helped me to understand, "Short of JRR claiming he did not accompany Cww to Florida, I don't think anything is going to change the verdict of 2nd degree murder." The jurors said, "we couldn't put the weapon in his hands"....so "medicare fraud is not an issue" and "FBI DNA evidence is not an issue".
But, I have one question: Is it legally allowed to enter into evidence information from an accused's social media account and who was accessing and reading them?? IE, I thought there were some pretty incriminating posts/pics/memes in regards to murder, floating out in the cloud a few years ago.

Yes. I’ll have one for jury selection so tweets can be copied over. After voir dire, I’ll generate a new thread beginning with opening statements & ending with closing statements.

Yes, the van! Good thought! Wonder why they still kept it.

-Nin

Need to verify this but I do remember ‘touch DNA’ mentioned in regards to the van.
ALSO, I wonder if there’s yet another pedestrian door with a window in the garage... located on the rear wall close the the wall with the door entering the laundry room? My time’s so limited right now but I seem to remember that maybe. Being in residential building for years, you always have a window in a pedestrian door or on a wall somewhere IF you don’t have window panels in the garage door. You never want a garage with the possibility of total darkness.

The “pool party”... Mark’s friend from Missouri was there that night—can’t recall her name yet I was reading some of her statements recently. Besides other things MS said or did, she found it creepy given the fact she saw remaining residue of the fingerprint dust in the kitchen, used by LE.
Remember, upon her arrival she went to Mark’s mom’s house and was told to wait outside due to them having a ‘family meeting’.

The “pool party”... Mark’s friend from Missouri was there that night—can’t recall her name yet I was reading some of her statements recently. Besides other things MS said or did, she found it creepy given the fact she saw remaining residue of the fingerprint dust in the kitchen, used by LE.
Remember, upon her arrival she went to Mark’s mom’s house and was told to wait outside due to them having a ‘family meeting’.
Carrie Kain

Need to verify this but I do remember ‘touch DNA’ mentioned in regards to the van.
ALSO, I wonder if there’s yet another pedestrian door with a window in the garage... located on the rear wall close the the wall with the door entering the laundry room? My time’s so limited right now but I seem to remember that maybe. Being in residential building for years, you always have a window in a pedestrian door or on a wall somewhere IF you don’t have window panels in the garage door. You never want a garage with the possibility of total darkness.
MSBOO,:) You made me curious about "garage windows." I think I found one large window, partially obscured by the open door (the one with pry marks on it) and the smaller window looks as if it might be a bathroom window. (?)
Oops, almost forgot the link to source.
Sievers home ransacked, but nothing stolen
Also wanted to mention the defense atty in closing arguments said it was a standard 2 car garage, 400 sq ft....but he was wrong, it is a 3 bay garage and probably over 600 sq ft. Guess no one is allowed to interrupt and correct statements made during closing arguments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member