Dr. Wecht interview

vicktor said:
The only fibers which seem reliably factual are those found which are consistant with Patsy's sweater. The existance of black wool fibers reportedly linked to John's shirt were posited by one of the BPD detectives during an interview.
True... that is, "reliably factual" as far as the public is aware. But if the cops were bluffing, it only makes the case easier: arrest Patsy only.

There isn't really any incontrovertible evidence that connects the Ramseys to the crime.
Of course there is. They were THERE (means and opportunity... and don't forget those pesky fibers).

Besides, evidence doesn't need to be "incontrovertible." It only needs to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.... something DA Hunter never learned, I guess.

And fortunately, blind blanket RSTish denials of the evidence, not to mention meaningless spin, would have zero impact in a trial.

A good prosecutor follows the adage of picking one's battles carefully. I. E., only get involved in those you will probably win. Knowing this and also that they would have one chance, they wisely didn't bring charges.
A good prosecutor also doesn't sabotage his own case and sleep with the enemy.

But I agree it was a very good thing Hunter didn't attempt to prosecute this case. He would've blown it big.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back