Drew Peterson heads to trial. Jury selection begins Monday July 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick/sloppy transcription of Drew's attorney on Judge Jeanine show tonight:

" In opening statements I want to convey the story of Drew Peterson, the real drew peterson, from beginning to end. I want to put it in context. ... He is a family man, who really worked hard and tried to support his family...not nearly as evil as it has been portrayed.."

" The ultimate jury consultant, he knows the demographics, the area, the politics, and he helped us go through all of the questionairres and we got a very good jury. We are thrilled with the jury."

"The states attorney did not ask any question of the jury. I don't know why he gave up that opportunity.."

" statements that she was afraid of Drew are never going to come in...they are irrelevant."

" it is going to come down to forensics...was it even a homicide..

"And what was the motive...they will see that he really did not have a motive..."

"well you never know, if we don't put someone on the witness list then you can never call them..."

I think DP will take the stand, and he will try to say, SP had the key to the house, SP was upset at KS, SP made threats, defense calls SP to the stand, juror's Look, no Stacey, so Juror's think, ahha, she isn't there that means it must be true, and she took flight cause she is guilty.

bbm
I agree, Lera -- I think the Defense Team would have to tie DP down with chains to keep him and his ego off the witness stand.... He is so much smarter than everybody else, you know. He wants to tell the world what really happened & let all those stupid people know they were wrong, wrong, wrong about what they think happened to Kathleen. :banghead:

Anyone have a link to watch online? TIA

:seeya: See you all on Tuesday! Its finally here. Finally Justice for Kathleen!

I wish. Camera's are not allowed in court for this one. someone upthread explained better than I recall.

I might go. I am SO tempted. I wouldn't be able to go for each day but I will be child free for a portion of this trial while the kiddo is with his dad and I just might go for a half day or day. It might depend on what parking is like there....

I like that I keep getting Drew Peterson's initials mixed up with the abbreviation for Death Penalty.

I like that I keep getting Drew Peterson's initials mixed up with the abbreviation for Death Penalty.

:lol: :D You're not the only one grinning ear to ear that Drew's initials match the abbv for Death Penalty. Though, no death penalty in IL.

quick/sloppy transcription of Drew's attorney on Judge Jeanine show tonight:

" In opening statements I want to convey the story of Drew Peterson, the real drew peterson, from beginning to end. I want to put it in context. ... He is a family man, who really worked hard and tried to support his family...not nearly as evil as it has been portrayed.."

" The ultimate jury consultant, he knows the demographics, the area, the politics, and he helped us go through all of the questionairres and we got a very good jury. We are thrilled with the jury."

"The states attorney did not ask any question of the jury. I don't know why he gave up that opportunity.."

" statements that she was afraid of Drew are never going to come in...they are irrelevant."

" it is going to come down to forensics...was it even a homicide..

"And what was the motive...they will see that he really did not have a motive..."

"well you never know, if we don't put someone on the witness list then you can never call them..."

I LOVE that little slip of the tongue his attorney made... " not nearly as evil as he has been portrayed.."
Wouldn't statement analysis have a field day with that?

So he was a jury consultant and they are THRILLED with the jury. yuck. That worries me a bit.

But it is interesting that the state did not question the jurors. I think maybe they learned something from Casey's tragic outcome. Maybe they did not want to put any one off.

He said twice that her being afraid of him and expressing that fear is irrelevant , and is not coming in. He may be right and that sucks, imo.

He also said the whole thing will come down to is "is it a homicide and did Peterson even have a motive." The homicide question might be a hurdle because it was originally classified as an accident. I know it was wrong, but that might sway some of the jurors.
But the motive, I think the state will be able to show that, hopefully. I just hope that the jurors actually know something about this monster already.

Putting his latest victims name on the witness list, GOD in Heaven, I hope that comes back to haunt him.

Just saw Drew's attorney on Judge Jeannine show.

She asked him why Stacey was on the witness list. He answered very seriously-- " You never know judge, once a trial starts you cannot add a name, so we wanted to play it safe and add her in case she show up."

GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK!!!!!!!!! What a bunch of pathetic losers. Sorry.

It appears they are so deeply buried in DP's fantasy that Stacy left on her own that they believe it themselves, to the point of being foolish.

MOO

Drew Peterson Murder Trial Could Hang on Words of Two Absent Women

The murder trial of former Illinois cop Drew Peterson could hinge on the statements of two women who won't be at that trial: his third wife he is accused of murdering and his fourth wife who has disappeared.

A jury of seven men and five women will hear opening arguments Monday on whether Peterson, 58, killed his then-wife Kathleen Savio in 2004 and made it look like an accident.

more at http://abcnews.go.com/US/drew-peterson-murder-trial-hinge-statements-wives-dead/story?id=16863562#.UBWl_GFfG8A

If the defense were to actually follow through with this and call Stacy as a witness wouldn't it backfire in a huge way? Wouldn't calling her as a "witness" simply bring to the jury's attention the fact that his fourth wife (Stacy) is "missing" and has been for a few years? I believe that alone could sway the jury into a guilty verdict for the death of his third wife, Kathleen.

:waitasec:

MOO

Excellent point! It would point out the obvious, that Stacy is missing.

I doubt the defense will call Stacy anyway because a witness in a trial has to be served with a subpoena. The defense team would have to supply the local law enforcement with an address where Stacy could be served with a subpoena. A process server would file a document with the court that the subpoena could not be served as the witness could not be found.

I wish. Camera's are not allowed in court for this one. someone upthread explained better than I recall.

I might go. I am SO tempted. I wouldn't be able to go for each day but I will be child free for a portion of this trial while the kiddo is with his dad and I just might go for a half day or day. It might depend on what parking is like there....

I hope you do get to go! I think any first-hand reports from our members here at WS are invaluable. There were several who attended the Anthony trial and I think we all got a different perspective than what we were getting from the professional journalists. :loser:

I LOVE that little slip of the tongue his attorney made... " not nearly as evil as he has been portrayed.."
Wouldn't statement analysis have a field day with that?

So he was a jury consultant and they are THRILLED with the jury. yuck. That worries me a bit.

But it is interesting that the state did not question the jurors. I think maybe they learned something from Casey's tragic outcome. Maybe they did not want to put any one off.

He said twice that her being afraid of him and expressing that fear is irrelevant , and is not coming in. He may be right and that sucks, imo.

He also said the whole thing will come down to is "is it a homicide and did Peterson even have a motive." The homicide question might be a hurdle because it was originally classified as an accident. I know it was wrong, but that might sway some of the jurors.
But the motive, I think the state will be able to show that, hopefully. I just hope that the jurors actually know something about this monster already.

Putting his latest victims name on the witness list, GOD in Heaven, I hope that comes back to haunt him.

I don't see how anyone living in Illinois and especially Will County in October of 2007 and in the months following, could miss the publicity surrounding the disappearance of Stacy Peterson. The news media was camped in front of Drew Peterson's house for months. There were searches conducted by the local community and also by Tim Miller and his Texas Equusearch team.

It was during this time that Kathleen Savio's remains were exhumed and a second autopsy performed. It was that autopsy that changed the conclusion from accidental to homicide. If I remember correctly, there were actually two autopsies done, one by the state medical examiner and one by Michael Baden.

In addition to this, it was during that time that DP was interviewed on major news programs like Good Morning America, gave Greta Van Susteran a tour of his house, and engaged in all sorts of publicity antics like that "Win a Date with Drew" radio program.

All of the above was before his arrest in 2009 and long before potential jurors were admonished to avoid reading about the case. I don't see how anyone in Will County could not know something about this case.

:seeya: Good Morning, And Thank You all for the updates !

I have been looking forward to this trial for sometime and I will check here for updates, especially since there will be no cameras in the courtroom ... JMO and MOO but sorry, I just canNOT watch IS for updates IYKWIM ?

Question : Will the reporters in the courtroom be able to "tweet" ? I especially want to hear the Opening Statements !

Here are some responses to a few posts :

If the defense were to actually follow through with this and call Stacy as a witness wouldn't it backfire in a huge way? Wouldn't calling her as a "witness" simply bring to the jury's attention the fact that his fourth wife (Stacy) is "missing" and has been for a few years? I believe that alone could sway the jury into a guilty verdict for the death of his third wife, Kathleen.

:waitasec:

MOO

BBM: This is a great point ... and IF they call Stacy, I hope it backfires in their faces BIG TIME ! :bang:

I think the defense will be that Stacy killed her and that is why she ran away!

Interesting ... and it would NOT surprise me if they try something so cruel !:maddening:

I think DP will take the stand, and he will try to say, SP had the key to the house, SP was upset at KS, SP made threats, defense calls SP to the stand, juror's Look, no Stacey, so Juror's think, ahha, she isn't there that means it must be true, and she took flight cause she is guilty.

No doubt Drew wants to take the stand ... such an arrogant :silenced::silenced:

Not to go off topic, but I really thought that Casey would take the stand -- but obviously, her def team put their foot down ... so what I think is that the defense attorneys will wait and see how the case is going before they put that arrogant :silenced: on the witness stand ...

:please: for Justice for Kathleen !

:moo:

I don't see how anyone living in Illinois and especially Will County in October of 2007 and in the months following, could miss the publicity surrounding the disappearance of Stacy Peterson. The news media was camped in front of Drew Peterson's house for months. There were searches conducted by the local community and also by Tim Miller and his Texas Equusearch team.

It was during this time that Kathleen Savio's remains were exhumed and a second autopsy performed. It was that autopsy that changed the conclusion from accidental to homicide. If I remember correctly, there were actually two autopsies done, one by the state medical examiner and one by Michael Baden.

In addition to this, it was during that time that DP was interviewed on major news programs like Good Morning America, gave Greta Van Susteran a tour of his house, and engaged in all sorts of publicity antics like that "Win a Date with Drew" radio program.

All of the above was before his arrest in 2009 and long before potential jurors were admonished to avoid reading about the case. I don't see how anyone in Will County could not know something about this case.

It was actually 3 autopsies, the original one, the one after she was exhumed and then the private autopsy by Baden.

You would have to live under a rock to not know Peterson's story, plus he had his face on TV every chance he got, put himself on the radio and had that insane "win a date w/ Drew" thing he tried to pull w/ a radio station.
Locals would have to actually dodge the news/ papers/ radio to NOT hear anything. The whole media package showed Drew to be who he really is.

The fron-the-grave testimony and witness testimony PLUS Tom Morpheys testimony about moving the warm blue barrel should convince anyone. But how much of that will get in? Is Morphey testifying? TIA

Respectfully snipped. All I needed to read was the above article and I am not going. I'm not going to try and fight for seats via a lottery. Nope, not my thing. The crowds were bad for the festivities when the Bulls won their 6th championship and that is really the only kind of festivity I would tolerate the large crowds. A Cubs world series, yes, I would fight the crowd. Not for Drew's trial. sorry guys.

It was actually 3 autopsies, the original one, the one after she was exhumed and then the private autopsy by Baden.

You would have to live under a rock to not know Peterson's story, plus he had his face on TV every chance he got, put himself on the radio and had that insane "win a date w/ Drew" thing he tried to pull w/ a radio station.
Locals would have to actually dodge the news/ papers/ radio to NOT hear anything. The whole media package showed Drew to be who he really is.

The fron-the-grave testimony and witness testimony PLUS Tom Morpheys testimony about moving the warm blue barrel should convince anyone. But how much of that will get in? Is Morphey testifying? TIA

Jurors will hear little about Drew Peterson’s last wife

Yet, Stacy Peterson — whose case remains open — will play a very minor role in the upcoming trial.

In one of his first decisions after inheriting the case this spring, Burmila ruled that witnesses will not be allowed to mention that authorities believe Peterson killed Stacy, then disposed of her body.

“There will be no mention ... that she is dead, presumed dead, killed by the defendant or anything of the kind,” the judge said.

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/20...ittle-about-drew-petersons-last-wife/afr432m/

Drew Peterson Pours His Heart Out in Letters Written to Girl Half His Age

“Hello my love,” Peterson wrote to the young woman in one of the letters recently given to Patch. “I really miss you and keep dreaming about holding you …

“You still got my heart and I hope you still (have) mine.”

The lovestruck Peterson’s letters, all written in pencil on lined notebook paper, depict visions of romance, freedom from the bars that prevent him from dreaming, and a relationship in which he would spoil the object of his affections.

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/articl...d=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk3&pLid=186105

:seeya:

RBBM: OFGS ... :sick:

:waitasec: "Mr." ?

:rolleyes:

I think he added that "MR" rather than just saying his first & last name b/c he thinks he is 'demanding' respect from jury. He's so special. Not.

This guy stirs up more for me than Casey Anthony did. And thats saying something. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund