Drew Peterson heads to trial. Jury selection begins Monday July 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In re: to socialization with other inmates - he's segregated in the 'M' pod (medical) and unable to socialize even if he wanted to, except for the pod workers who bring him his meals. He can, and does, wave to the females who are in the M pod (which is an all-glass room, creepy looking IMO, with a desk in the center ...and the CO's can see in, 24/7.) There is no conversation because they are between glass. He is on full display for any other inmates who happen to have a cell located at a strategic angle.

This is O/T, but I have to share: About a year ago, a client was telling me this story re: his time as a pod worker. It was in no way confidential, it was an anecdotal story, and I share it simply as some comic relief....there was an inmate on the 2nd floor of the M pod, across from Drew, who was upset with the staff. His reaction? To paint the walls with his....er....poop. You know what they named him? Poo-caso.

If you ever ask ANY WCADF guard about poo-caso, they will know. We've all heard the stories - hahaha. I've been in WCADF many times, but luckily, never seen this.

Note: Visitation for family/friends takes place via CCTV but legal takes place in the WCADF near the A pod (intake).

I worked for several years as a nurse in the medical unit of our county jail. Poo-Casa's are common, one in every jail. Bad thing is they remove the inmate from the cell and have other inmates on clean-up detail clean the cell. Poor guys.

When will this trial start? No cameras? Audio??? Is it airing any news? tweets?
Oh I wish we could see this murderer at the trial. Sketch artists will be busy!
We have waited so long for this!
I want to be ready!

After trial will DP ever be in general public where he belongs? or always in solitary?

Jurors will hear little about Drew Peterson’s last wife

Yet, Stacy Peterson — whose case remains open — will play a very minor role in the upcoming trial.

In one of his first decisions after inheriting the case this spring, Burmila ruled that witnesses will not be allowed to mention that authorities believe Peterson killed Stacy, then disposed of her body.

“There will be no mention ... that she is dead, presumed dead, killed by the defendant or anything of the kind,” the judge said.

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/20...ittle-about-drew-petersons-last-wife/afr432m/

:sigh:

Jurors will hear little about Drew Peterson’s last wife

Yet, Stacy Peterson — whose case remains open — will play a very minor role in the upcoming trial.

In one of his first decisions after inheriting the case this spring, Burmila ruled that witnesses will not be allowed to mention that authorities believe Peterson killed Stacy, then disposed of her body.

“There will be no mention ... that she is dead, presumed dead, killed by the defendant or anything of the kind,” the judge said.

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/20...ittle-about-drew-petersons-last-wife/afr432m/
yes but I think if the defense pulls the stunt of "We call SP to the stand" then they opened the door I think.

And the only person not looking at the door is DP. He knows she is dead.

Oh, no. He will swivel around in his chair dramaticly to see if Stacy walks in.

God, wish someone would find a look-alike for Stacy to waltz through the courtroom door and see Drew's face. Priceless.

Everything he does is for dramatic effect, I think his mind is as *&^% up as Casey's. He's a narcissistic liar who has cheated multiple times on every woman he has been married to.

My neighbor across the street is from Illinois and she knows "about 10 people" who know Drew personally and not a one of them has anything good to say about him, and all of them have told her stories about their encounters w/ Drew.

:jail:

This judge really worries me. He won't let any of the statements from the victim come in, in which she expressed her fear of him killing her someday.

And he won't let anyone 'mention' that his next wife is also missing and was also afraid for her life.

I am feeling very sad about this case already. I can only hope his evilness seeps through his slick smarminess, and he is recognized as the devil. But I am not feeling optimistic about that, after reading about this judge and looking at the info about the jury. This group of defense attorneys are THRILLED with the jury they have seated. :mad:

This judge really worries me. He won't let any of the statements from the victim come in, in which she expressed her fear of him killing her someday.

And he won't let anyone 'mention' that his next wife is also missing and was also afraid for her life.

I am feeling very sad about this case already. I can only hope his evilness seeps through his slick smarminess, and he is recognized as the devil. But I am not feeling optimistic about that, after reading about this judge and looking at the info about the jury. This group of defense attorneys are THRILLED with the jury they have seated. :mad:

We can only hope that the defense opens that door very wide. They cannot bring up SP either, if they do, then the Judge better damn well allow the DA to explore that door

jurors will hear little about drew peterson’s last wife

yet, stacy peterson — whose case remains open — will play a very minor role in the upcoming trial.

in one of his first decisions after inheriting the case this spring, burmila ruled that witnesses will not be allowed to mention that authorities believe peterson killed stacy, then disposed of her body.

“there will be no mention ... That she is dead, presumed dead, killed by the defendant or anything of the kind,” the judge said.

sucks

If this guy walks like anthony, I'll really loose faith in jury's!
I hope other jurors learned from that case to REALLY listen!!!

If this guy walks like anthony, I'll really loose faith in jury's!
I hope other jurors learned from that case to REALLY listen!!!

I hate to say it but I think there is a very good chance he may walk! I know Drew is guilty but from an evidence standpoint I think the prosecution case is weak. We've seen people walk when they had so much more evidence against them then Drew does, I really hope that doesn't happen here. I think Stacy's case will be their "redo" if he walks on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels