Drew Peterson to Surrender on Gun Charge

I am going to forget about being a ws here for a minute or two............

HE'S OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD (JUDGE) THE WONDERFUL WIZARD (JUDGE) OF .........................insert county judge.

I just can't WAIT.........................to see handcuffs on him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mean the ones that don't come off until he's behind bars for a long long time!!

okay.............thanks. My antlers feel much better now!!!!!

I swear I thought I heard the DA say " and his gun barrel was too short too" ROFL

DrewMugshotGun.jpg

More stripes please.

Thanks, .

I can sure understand a cop having his service revolver at home, but I don't understand anyone having one of those assault rifles laying around the house!

Ok, thinking out loud here. LE has had most of the weapons since Nov., received 1 gun later. In the interim LE has been all over those weapons, checking ownership, checking registrations, measuring. DrewP has been petitioning the court to get all 11 weapons back. Ill. pulled his firearms registration to prevent that. DrewP petitioned to have the guns transferred to his son. Hearing tomorrow to announce whether the judge will release the weapons to DrewP's son. LE files weapons charge.

Ok, why didn't the DA use the illegal weapon as a part of his argument to with hold the guns from DrewP? You know, "hey Judge, the state doesn't feel that DrewP should receive those guns back, because at least some of them are illegal weapons as well as the fact that we have witnesses out there who are feeling threatened if he gets them back."? Why wait and then just file the charge on the eve of the hearing? Unless they have a good reason for that, they are going to have an upset judge.

If they had used that reasoning in court, then the judge would have withheld that gun even if he gave DrewP the rest back, so the DA"S reasoning that they didn't want an illegal weapon back on the street doesn't hold water. He could have stopped the gun being given out by telling the judge it was found to be an illegal weapon.

Can you understand what I am saying or am I only talking myself into circles?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I swear I thought I heard the DA say " and his gun barrel was too short too" ROFL
Might be why he prefers the young girls...they don't know any better and they won't laugh in his face! LOL

By the way, Greta is great tonight!! DP set off his car alarm to mess with the reporter. What a dolt!!

OK...DP didn't register the weapon. He bought it from a 3rd party.

Well, it really should be in its case. And besides, it would create quite a stir if I took it into the office.

And there's really no definition of an "assault rifle" except in the various laws that ban them (like in California), where they are classified based on appearance and not function.

Still, not something most folks would have at home. Not a good home defense weapon choice IMNSHO.

:woohoo:
You really should post that you own one in your siggy! You might be able to quiet controversy on the forum quicker!

Mysteriew~ I think you have made some valid points in your posts tonight...so no I don't think you are talking in circles. It is curious why they took this way out instead of simply witholding it tomorrow.

I have to think that with the charge now, it is possible it means the rest of the weapons need to be "retested" for legality or something. There has to be a good reason for this preemptive strike on Drew.

Thanks SS. I believe they have a reason, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

I consider myself pretty responsible about my weapons. I don't even let my kids make pretend guns with their fingers! No toy guns, either. I find that just wrong.

LOL, I was kidding . And I do believe you are a responsible person. Can you tell my why you chose to own this particular weapon and what you do with it?

Mysteriew,
I agree that there's a motive for LE to be pressing this issue at this time, the day prior to the hearing in which it is expected to release the guns to DP's son, Stephen. Since LE has had those guns for so long, I would have thought that this issue would have been brought up in the previous hearings about getting his guns back.

Perhaps if it had been brought up in the previous hearing about the guns, the result would have been to withhold the illegal weapon, but release the others to DP's son? Obviously, LE doesn't want any weapons being released to DP or his son. The only thing I can figure is that they know that DP will be arrested soon, pending grand jury indictment, and they don't want DP having guns or access to them.

Very interesting! Joel Brodsky was telling reporters that the weapon in question was DP's service weapon from being on the SWAT team, and said that he was still a police officer on the date that the guns were confiscated, and he's petitioning to get all the guns back.

Then Greta read a statement by Bolingbrook Police Chief McCury, in which he said that LE turned over to the Bolingbrook PD the two service weapons that were in DP's possession when he was a police officer. He said the gun in question was not part of DP's equipment when he was a Bolingbrook police officer, that the gun was never registered with the PD, that the gun is illegal, and DP purchased it from a third party.

So evidently Joel Brodsky is trying to make it appear that the gun was part of DP's equipment as a police officer, but it's not.

I consider myself pretty responsible about my weapons. I don't even let my kids make pretend guns with their fingers! No toy guns, either. I find that just wrong.
I did the same thing. I don't think it is a good idea to "play" guns. If they learn from an early age that guns are not a toy or part of a game and they should be taken seriously...it is a lesson they will carry through life.

I don't mind people owning guns or having collections as I grew up where hunting is a huge sport. They know the rules and they follow them because they were taught that way. They respect a weapon and the consequences.

LOL Leila~ Is it the first time that JAB or DP lied to us?! Hmmmmm...let me see...Drew has no romantic involvement with the girl that he picked up at 2:30 am. Makes JAB either look like a liar or his client or both...wouldn't you say?! You can't trust either one of them.

Thanks SS. I believe they have a reason, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is.

Maybe the gun has been connected to an alledged crime which has yet to be charged. Like threatening, or illegal discharge etc.

I've wondered all this time why DP hasn't been arrested for either the death of KS or the disappearance of Stacy. I did a bit of research and this is what I found:

The Constitution and laws of Illinois provide that no person shall be brought to trial for a crime punishable by death or by imprisonment in the penitentiary unless either the initial charge has been brought by indictment of a grand jury or the person has been given a prompt preliminary hearing and a judge has found probable cause.

In this case, law enforcement is waiting, just as we're waiting, for the grand jury to issue an indictment. Once an indictment is handed down by the grand jury, LE can get the authority to arrest DP.

I have the feeling that everything is coming together now. I think the grand jury will be wrapping up their investigation and handing down an indictment in the next two or three weeks.

What are they going to arrest him on? What evidence? I believe he's guilty as sin, but do they have the evidence to actually take him to trial and get a convcition? I'd sure hate to see him walk.

These husbands are getting better and better at killing their wives and getting away with it. I truly don't see any of the ones we discusss here being arrested and convicted. Sad! Scott Peterson would of gotten away with it, had Laci and Connor not washed up where he said he was fishing.

DrewMugshotGun.jpg

More stripes please.

Never seen anyone quite like that with rings and bags around the eyes in perfect line with the eyebrows to make him look like a racoon, no offense to raccoons everywhere. :)

Yeah! I knew Joel and Drew were lying from the get-go about this gun being registered to the BB PD. Now that the Chief has cleared that up Drew is in trouble again.

Still this makes me wonder if he still has a couple of guns stashed at the house that weren't confiscated or sold. I can't see Drew being so attached to those guns as he was, and lets face it they were a phallic symbol to him, not still having one or more in his possession.

He and JAB are the poster boys for lying.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Just Cami
Back