Drew Peterson to Surrender on Gun Charge

What are they going to arrest him on? What evidence? I believe he's guilty as sin, but do they have the evidence to actually take him to trial and get a conviction? I'd sure hate to see him walk.

These husbands are getting better and better at killing their wives and getting away with it. I truly don't see any of the ones we discuss here being arrested and convicted. Sad! Scott Peterson would of gotten away with it, had Laci and Connor not washed up where he said he was fishing.

Actually they have evidence I believe from when they initially searched the house. They found something to make them say they were 100% sure Stacy did not leave that day of her on volition. They also have testimony from Kathleen's lawyer of what Stacy may have told him. They have Tom Morphey's testimony. They have the boys testimony. They have the pastors testimony and friends and the family's testimony. Yes, usually this would be considered hear-say in some cases. But hear-say is now admissible, when all the people involved are saying the same thing.
And if they have her journal or diary that they were initially looking for, then they have it in Stacy's own words. They have cell records.

Julie Jensen's case was very similiar..and her husband was tried and found quilty..by a preponderance of a huge amount of circumstantial and hear-say evidence..as well as to motive and who would gain from her death.

Stacy's case is very similiar..plus now we have Kathleen's case to add fuel to that fire.

Actually they have evidence I believe from when they initially searched the house. They found something to make them say they were 100% sure Stacy did not leave that day of her on volition. They also have testimony from Kathleen's lawyer of what Stacy may have told him. They have Tom Morphey's testimony. They have the boys testimony. They have the pastors testimony and friends and the family's testimony. Yes, usually this would be considered hear-say in some cases. But hear-say is now admissible, when all the people involved are saying the same thing.
And if they have her journal or diary that they were initially looking for, then they have it in Stacy's own words. They have cell records.

Julie Jensen's case was very similiar..and her husband was tried and found quilty..by a preponderance of a huge amount of circumstantial and hear-say evidence..as well as to motive and who would gain from her death.

Stacy's case is very similiar..plus now we have Kathleen's case to add fuel to that fire.

I was very encouraged to hear the ISP say they have evidence and are certain of an arrest in this case.

I'm hoping we're going to be very surprised by the amount of evidence they have.

What are they going to arrest him on? What evidence? I believe he's guilty as sin, but do they have the evidence to actually take him to trial and get a convcition? I'd sure hate to see him walk.

These husbands are getting better and better at killing their wives and getting away with it. I truly don't see any of the ones we discusss here being arrested and convicted. Sad! Scott Peterson would of gotten away with it, had Laci and Connor not washed up where he said he was fishing.

I hear that a lot, the police don't have any evidence. Yet on every case that I have followed to trial, in trial police have always produced some evidence that I hadn't heard about. They give some to the media, they may even leak word of some- but they always have some protected. So what they have, what they don't have I really don't know. What I do know about is a lot as posted by DeltaDawn.

For instance Tom Morphey allegedly told his friend about his part. But according to the friend, TM "didn't remember" where they dropped the barrel off. That statement has always stuck with me. He didn't say that they were in an area that he was unfamiliar with or where he was lost. He didn't say TM didn't go with him to dump the barrel. TM remembered everything.... except where the barrel got dumped. I find that really hard to believe. I think he told LE were the barrel was dumped, but for some reason LE has either been unable to find or access the body or they found the barrel but the body had come out and they have been unable to find it (that is my current theory) I also believe that TM is the key to the evidence, because of how hard JAB and DrewP have been looking for him.

But anyway, I believe that LE does have evidence. And they may have been just waiting on the GJ before arresting.

I hear that a lot, the police don't have any evidence. Yet on every case that I have followed to trial, in trial police have always produced some evidence that I hadn't heard about. They give some to the media, they may even leak word of some- but they always have some protected. So what they have, what they don't have I really don't know. What I do know about is a lot as posted by DeltaDawn.

For instance Tom Morphey allegedly told his friend about his part. But according to the friend, TM "didn't remember" where they dropped the barrel off. That statement has always stuck with me. He didn't say that they were in an area that he was unfamiliar with or where he was lost. He didn't say TM didn't go with him to dump the barrel. TM remembered everything.... except where the barrel got dumped. I find that really hard to believe. I think he told LE were the barrel was dumped, but for some reason LE has either been unable to find or access the body or they found the barrel but the body had come out and they have been unable to find it (that is my current theory) I also believe that TM is the key to the evidence, because of how hard JAB and DrewP have been looking for him.

But anyway, I believe that LE does have evidence. And they may have been just waiting on the GJ before arresting.

Mysteriew,
I agree! I think Tom Morphey is the key, and last night on Greta, Sharon Bychowsky was interviewed. Greta asked Sharon if she knew anything about Tom Morphey - was he in a rehab center. Sharon said, "he's in police custody - protective custody."

I believe that Tom Morphey has been the key witness from the very beginning. He told his friend, Walter, he was afraid of DP. Tom talked to his brother, John Morphey, and told him the same story about helping DP move the container and how afraid of DP he was.

We know from Sharon, that she babysat for the children on October 30th because DP said he had to visit a relative in the hospital who had tried to commit suicide. I think DP may have threatened Tom Morphey when he visited him in the hospital. LE, concerned for Tom's safety, moved him to a secure location sometime afterwards.

Did any of you ever wonder if Drew committed other crimes? When we first heard how he was dressed all in black, coming home at 3-4 am from Kathleen's the night she was killed, per Stacy to the pastor, I started thinking that he may have had a habit of doing other things at 3-4 am too. Sometimes I wonder if her wasn't heavily involved with some illegal drug business or robbies..being out and about at that time of the morning? I am not saying he was, but a man that could murder two wives would be capable of hanging out and profiting from the drug gangs.
Now we find he has an assault rifle that is not registered. I still think he has other guns stashed in other places. And I think you don't need those weapons in your house if you already have an arsenal at your disposal..he had those guns for a reason.

Just wanted to add that the gun was probably never registered in Illinois, if it is illegal for a private citizen there to have an assault rifle. Which is what I got out of the newscast and the Chiefs letter. Which means he had to obtain this gun from someone else illegally. Which means he has some strong connections in some very low places.

DeltaDawn, I have no doubt that he has been a punk most, if not all, of his life.

I think there are some that would love to talk about what he's done but are just too afraid. I think things will open up once he's behind bars for life.

Did any of you ever wonder if Drew committed other crimes? When we first heard how he was dressed all in black, coming home at 3-4 am from Kathleen's the night she was killed, per Stacy to the pastor, I started thinking that he may have had a habit of doing other things at 3-4 am too. Sometimes I wonder if her wasn't heavily involved with some illegal drug business or robbies..being out and about at that time of the morning? I am not saying he was, but a man that could murder two wives would be capable of hanging out and profiting from the drug gangs.
Now we find he has an assault rifle that is not registered. I still think he has other guns stashed in other places. And I think you don't need those weapons in your house if you already have an arsenal at your disposal..he had those guns for a reason.

Just wanted to add that the gun was probably never registered in Illinois, if it is illegal for a private citizen there to have an assault rifle. Which is what I got out of the newscast and the Chiefs letter. Which means he had to obtain this gun from someone else illegally. Which means he has some strong connections in some very low places.

Yes, I have considered that Drew may have committed other crimes. I believe that he was a "dirty" cop. However, I don't know in what way, but I do believe he's slick and very street smart.

I even believe that he may be a serial murderer beyond the obvious of Stacy and Kathleen. Without looking back, A Candy Rose has some interesting info about some unsolved murders in the realm of Drew. For example, if I remember correctly, a boyfriend of - I think - wife number 2 was murdered and that has never been solved. Then, there was the brother of a girl who was sneaking into Drew's home (with either wife #2 or #3), who was very unhappy about Drew seeing his sister - and let him know it - who committed suicide, although there are those who say suicide was impossible.

Sorry for the ambiguity, I'll look later when I have time. But the point is, I do believe Drew was a dirty cop and also believe that he is very likely a murderer beyond just two people.

I will concede that many police officers do have an interest in weapons and may become collectors. I will also concede that a police officer may decide that their duty weapon doesn't meet their needs, and may choose to obtain their own weapon. And their department may or may not make them use their police issued weapon.

But I believe a PD would demand that all weapons used in law enforcement be registered with the PD. Can you imagine the nightmare if DrewP had used a non-registered weapon in a SWAT fight? Usually they will compare bullets and casings to determine which fire was from police weapons. But if DrewP was using one that wasn't registered? Plus there is the fact that in all the filings to get guns back, DrewP has always laid claim to his right to his property. Never a mention that this was a police issued 'duty' weapon. I think this is all JAB PR spin. He is trying to incite 'reasonable doubt'.

Brodsky, Selig, and Peterson are all bumbling fools.

As I posted in the Media thread:

"Only a few hours after being released from jail, new information about the gun in question surfaced. A representative from the Bolingbrook Police Department disputes Peterson's attorney's claim that the AR-15 assault rifle was used while Peterson was a member of the department's SWAT team.

Lt. Ken Teppel, the public information officer for Bolingbrook PD, told AMW that Peterson was issued two weapons as an officer. The first was a Sig-Saur handgun and the second was a H and K MP5. The MP5 was the weapon used by Peterson when he was a member of the SWAT team, not the AR-15. Both department issued guns were seized by Illinois State Police when they searched Peterson's home and were subsequently returned to the Bolingbrook Police Department."

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=55859

"Only a few hours after being released from jail, new information about the gun in question surfaced. A representative from the Bolingbrook Police Department disputes Peterson's attorney's claim that the AR-15 assault rifle was used while Peterson was a member of the department's SWAT team.

Lt. Ken Teppel, the public information officer for Bolingbrook PD, told AMW that Peterson was issued two weapons as an officer. The first was a Sig-Saur handgun and the second was a H and K MP5. The MP5 was the weapon used by Peterson when he was a member of the SWAT team, not the AR-15. Both department issued guns were seized by Illinois State Police when they searched Peterson's home and were subsequently returned to the Bolingbrook Police Department."

Ahhh, that is JAB's version of muddying the waters, of PR spin. He is trying to introduce 'reasonable doubt'. He has not caught on yet to the fact that the public is more aware than he thinks, that they do listen to reports and pick out inconsistencies and lies. And that the more he publically lies, the less credibility he gives his clients.

What will probably come out is that DrewP took this gun to a SWAT training session one time and showed it to fellow officers. That he took the fact that no one said anything or got him in trouble for it, so he can now claim it as a 'duty' weapon.

Drew Peterson's attorney seeks documents on disputed gun
Bolingbrook police subpoenaed in wake of weapons charge

"Drew Peterson's attorney filed subpoenas late Thursday morning seeking documents related to a gun at the center of a felony weapons charge against his client.

Shortly before noon, Joel Brodsky filed subpoenas against the Bolingbrook Police Department and a Bolingbrook police sergeant asking that they produce registration forms regarding Peterson's duty weapons, training reports, SWAT team records, and any and all documents "authorizing Drew Peterson to use, carry, possess or store the Colt Sporter Lightweight .223 Remington rifle . . . since Jan. 1, 1985.""

I.b. Nora,
Thanks! I watched Greta Van Susteran last night and she read a statement on the air from Bolingbrook Police Chief McCury, who stated that the two service guns issued to Drew Peterson, had been returned to the Bolingbrook PD by authorities. I take that to mean that ISP returned those two guns. Police Chief McCury went on to state that the gun in question was not a gun registered to the Bolingbrook PD, was an illegal weapon, and the DP bought that gun from a third party.

I.b. Nora,
Thanks! I watched Greta Van Susteran last night and she read a statement on the air from Bolingbrook Police Chief McCury, who stated that the two service guns issued to Drew Peterson, had been returned to the Bolingbrook PD by authorities. I take that to mean that ISP returned those two guns. Police Chief McCury went on to state that the gun in question was not a gun registered to the Bolingbrook PD, was an illegal weapon, and the DP bought that gun from a third party.
Plus, it's a felony that carries a maximum penalty of 5 years in prison.

What are they going to arrest him on? What evidence? I believe he's guilty as sin, but do they have the evidence to actually take him to trial and get a convcition? I'd sure hate to see him walk.

These husbands are getting better and better at killing their wives and getting away with it. I truly don't see any of the ones we discusss here being arrested and convicted. Sad! Scott Peterson would of gotten away with it, had Laci and Connor not washed up where he said he was fishing.

Per Sharon last night on Greta, Tom Morphy is being protected by LE as a 'witness' in this case.

Me thinks LE has EVIDENCE. They even said from the beginning, there was evidence of a struggle or something like that, in the master bedroom. They announced DP a prime suspect in Stacy's disappearance very early into her disappearance as well. I believe they're just making sure they have all their ducks in a row.

Body or no body, IMO, DP is going to be arraigned on a charge for murder of Stacy.

JMHO
fran

So that still leaves my thoughts of how did old Drew come to possess an illegal weapon? Answer his dirty cop sources..drug dealers, street gangs, and other well connected unsavory characters.

I keep wondering, and going back and forth on this issue, if when the time comes Drew will try to plea out for a lesser sentence..like life in jail.

I know, premature to put my eggs in any basket yet, but he has a lot of names that I am sure would be of interest to LE. He had his fingers in all the pies.

Yes, I have considered that Drew may have committed other crimes. I believe that he was a "dirty" cop. However, I don't know in what way, but I do believe he's slick and very street smart.

I even believe that he may be a serial murderer beyond the obvious of Stacy and Kathleen. Without looking back, A Candy Rose has some interesting info about some unsolved murders in the realm of Drew. For example, if I remember correctly, a boyfriend of - I think - wife number 2 was murdered and that has never been solved. Then, there was the brother of a girl who was sneaking into Drew's home (with either wife #2 or #3), who was very unhappy about Drew seeing his sister - and let him know it - who committed suicide, although there are those who say suicide was impossible.

Sorry for the ambiguity, I'll look later when I have time. But the point is, I do believe Drew was a dirty cop and also believe that he is very likely a murderer beyond just two people.

This is what I have been thinking with one addition to the list. Christy, the mother of SP! I don't believe that she left of her own will. In my heart of hearts I wonder if this too didn't have something to do with DP. It has been said that he "knew" her. I wonder if he wasn't hitting on SP by the age of 14?? KS's girlfriend said that KS told her that DP was cheating on her with underage girls. Not an underage girl..but girls.

Wow..why are they giving the guns to Steve..hoping Steve would be stupid enough to give one or two back to Drew? That isn't going to happen. I would think that atleast this one gun in the case from yesterday would not be given back as evidence in the case. I hope that LE is still holding the assualt rifle that was in question.

KS's girlfriend said that KS told her that DP was cheating on her with underage girls. Not an underage girl..but girls.

Not supporting DP, but who and where are the underage girl(s). One would think they would come forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back