Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Im confused about the letter. I thought it was supposed to come in Friday but he didnt get to testify.

Defense attorney Joel Brodsky laid the blame for the delay squarely on the prosecution.

"That's embarrassing," Brodsky said. "They've spent how many millions on this case and they're stumbling around like amateurs."

Another of the defense attorneys, Steve Greenberg, said prosecutors are "doing the best with what they have," distancing himself from Brodsky's statements.

Brodsky later complained in court about the trial's slow pace and was quickly dressed down by Judge Edward Burmila.

"I don't think you want to start delineating who delayed this case more," Burmila said to Brodsky.

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-s-sister-in-law-likes-seeng-him-locked-up

I have served on both a jury and a grand jury. We were told to wear regular business attire. You could not wear t-shirts and so forth. Louisiana is not up on fashion, but the at least the courts dictate that you dress decently.

This is the judge's fault. He should have stopped the color coordinated outfits after the first time it happened, IMO. He doesn't have to embarrass the jurors; he could write a memo.

Sports jerseys is going way too far, IMO.

Carol Burton ‏@special_ed_gym2
#DrewPeterson: sports jersey guesses while we wait: Bulls, Bears, Cubs, Sox, Black Hawks, Illinois, Notre Dame, Packers, Colts, Joliet Cat:what:h.
What no STEELERS!:what:

Carol Burton ‏@special_ed_gym2
#DrewPeterson: sports jersey guesses while we wait: Bulls, Bears, Cubs, Sox, Black Hawks, Illinois, Notre Dame, Packers, Colts, Joliet Cath.

:eek::eek::eek: OMG ... this is absolutely unbelievable, totally inappropriate, and NOT good at all IMO !

JMO and MOO ... but IF I were on a jury NO ONE would be able to convince me to join in these types of shenanigans : NO matter how slow the trial was going, how "bad" it was, etc ...

This has just gone too far now with this jury ...

:moo:

In Session Judge Burmila is back on the bench. Attorney Brodsky says that there remain “only a few exhibits” to which the defense is still objecting. One of those objections concerns two photographs that show holes in Kathleen Savio’s door. The judge allows them to be admitted (over the defense objection). Another exhibit to which the defense objects is the document relating to the cell phone records. Connor: “We want them to be part of the record.” The judge allows these records to be admitted (over the defense objection).

In Session Brodsky now objects to a photograph of Stacy Peterson, calling it both irrelevant and prejudicial. However, Judge Burmila allows the photograph to be admitted.

:woohoo:

I have served on both a jury and a grand jury. We were told to wear regular business attire. You could not wear t-shirts and so forth. Louisiana is not up on fashion, but the at least the courts dictate that you dress decently.

This is the judge's fault. He should have stopped the color coordinated outfits after the first time it happened, IMO. He doesn't have to embarrass the jurors; he could write a memo.

Sports jerseys is going way too far, IMO.

ITA! This judge has no control. Where did he come from? Mars? I cannot believe a higher court has not dismissed him. This is a sham. Does DP have something on this court? JMOO something is dreadfully OFF!

We have just got to hope that the jury can put all this evidence together and find him guilty.

In Session Brodsky now objects to a photograph of Stacy Peterson, calling it both irrelevant and prejudicial. However, Judge Burmila allows the photograph to be admitted.

:woohoo:

Great!!! This is a big one as far as I'm concerned.

The judge is ruling more decently this morning. Maybe he did watch Judge Jeanine!

In Session Another exhibit to which the defense objects is part of the medical file of Dr. Gene Neri. The judge allows the records, but only so the medical records will be complete. Brodsky then objects to parts of Dr. Vinod Motiani’s file; the judge lets them in.

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson Judge continues to allow more evidence from State over def. objections: med. files of Dr. Neri & Dr. Motiani.

Judge must've had a a good weekend. :rocker:

In Session Judge Burmila goes through the entire list of the State’s exhibits, confirming which items are being admitted into evidence.

In Session The judge sends for the jury.

Why even have a trial? This is a circus. Start selling tickets to reimbursr tax payers! JMOO

In Session ‏@InSession
#drewpeterson Judge continues to allow more evidence from State over def. objections: med. files of Dr. Neri & Dr. Motiani.

Judge must've had a a good weekend. :rocker:

BBM:
I could make a remark unbecoming the grandmother that I am, but I won't!

:innocent:

Stacy St. Clair ‏@StacyStClair
#drewpeterson jurors include at least three Bears jerseys, two Blackhawks, two Sox, one Augstana and at least one Packers jersey.

Kara Oko ‏@KaraOko
Burmila calls jurors "intelligent" since none of them are wearing #Cubs gear. #DrewPeterson #SoxSidePride

The Herald-News ‏@Joliet_HN
Burmila, commenting on the jurors' jerseys: This jury is so intelligent that no one has any Cubs clothes on. #drewPeterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle