Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
The locals had reported seeing Mark traveling alone up Middle Mountain trailhead several times. When talking to Tricia, Mark said he was searching up there, alone, and had gone up there quite a few times. IMO, THAT ^^^ is the clue that got LE interested in that area.

JMO

ETA: Even Mark himself admitted that he knew he was the top of the suspect list. Is it wise for a suspect to go searching alone in the potential crime scene area? I think LE was very curious about why he was so interested in that trail.

If LE found Dylan's remains after continuing previous searches (or words to that effect), could MR have known that is where they were focussing the search? Either by being told, or seeing them himself, seeing as people are saying this area overlooks his home? Or using logic about where the water that flows into the lake comes from?

Either way, yes he could have been up there making sure nothing was "findable" ............... or he could have been carrying out his own search based on what he'd been told.

What surprises me most about this case is that with so many people convinced he did it, why he hasn't been arrested yet? I don't mean purely based on what people think - but if it appears so obvious that he did it, to so many people, why can't LE find anything to pin it on him?

If something did happen at his house on the Sunday night - why has nothing been found forensic wise? Same as with his vehicle, as he would have had to use it to transport the body.

LE said publicly that DR definitely made it to the house, so surely there would be some clue???

I don't how how efficient the LE are in that area ...... but wouldn't people expect something to have been found by now, if DR did die in that house?

ETA: I've publicly said that I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt, as I personally can't fully rule out a random RSO yet ................ but even I would have called MR in by now based on what he has been saying!!

The locals had reported seeing Mark traveling alone up Middle Mountain trailhead several times. When talking to Tricia, Mark said he was searching up there, alone, and had gone up there quite a few times. IMO, THAT ^^^ is the clue that got LE interested in that area.

Snipped for space and BBM I think you're exactly right! My adrenaline really sped up when just transcribing this from Tricia's June 2 show:

MR:
"I've been up on Middle Mountain several times driving through there, trying to see if there's any particular area that kinda stands out to me. It's a road about 10 miles long up into the back country, so I mean it's very heavily wooded...there's a million little side cutoffs for ya know ATV type vehicles and motorcycles er hiking trails and things like that, so there's a lot of land here that we're talking about to cover...ya know nothin specifically jumps out at me and that but ya know there have been locations throughout...cuz right now you can only get so far up, um it wasn't until recently that I realized that they even had a gate up there, but at this point in the year there's still snow up there in the higher portion of this road, so they don't even have the gates open to be able to get up there. Now I do know in communicating with law enforcement that they've been up there and that's how I know this n that but ya know I don't know exactly where to look so I mean I get out and I can wander around and I can look and do whatever...but ya know the canine team...

Wow. Some thoughts / possible options here:

1. He really was searching up there.

2. He mentions this in order to create an excuse for his presence at the location in case Dylan's found up there bc he is responsible? (And goes up there as an alibi to explain any evidence tying him to the location that might be later recovered from there?

3. If he is responsible, did he possibly want Dylan to be found and he is trying to hint / tip this location, thinking this would somehow rule him out if Dylan was found there? I think its odd that he would specifically mention this road if he's the one who put Dylan there and didn't want him to be found...

<edit: also, as Yid mentions, possibly making sure nothing is findable, or covering up / hiding evidence?>

If he is responsible, is it possible he moved the body there for some reason? (nevermind, I don't think so, LE wouldve had their eye on him and he knows this)

*Katy, do you have more info on when the locals specifically reported this, and any other info pertaining to this? TIA

If LE found Dylan's remains after continuing previous searches (or words to that effect), could MR have known that is where they were focussing the search? Either by being told, or seeing them himself, seeing as people are saying this area overlooks his home? Or using logic about where the water that flows into the lake comes from?

Either way, yes he could have been up there making sure nothing was "findable" ............... or he could have been carrying out his own search based on what he'd been told.

What surprises me most about this case is that with so many people convinced he did it, why he hasn't been arrested yet? I don't mean purely based on what people think - but if it appears so obvious that he did it, to so many people, why can't LE find anything to pin it on him?

If something did happen at his house on the Sunday night - why has nothing been found forensic wise? Same as with his vehicle, as he would have had to use it to transport the body.

LE said publicly that DR definitely made it to the house, so surely there would be some clue???

I don't how how efficient the LE are in that area ...... but wouldn't people expect something to have been found by now, if DR did die in that house?
BBM: The Skylar Neese case comes to mind here. The first murderer confessed on January 3 and told LE where to find the body and told them about the second murderer. The second murderer was not arrested until May 1. We may not always understand why LE waits, but sometimes they do, for whatever reason.

I would suggest listening to the portions of the radio interview relating to MR's search efforts. It's not only the knowledge of the area and discussing why he was there and what he did while there, but hearing the difference in the speed, tone, inflection as opposed to other portions of the interview. The portion I transcribed was at about 1:49 but try to get a sample of other portions for contrast.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

Snipped for space and BBM

I think you're exactly right! My adrenaline really sped up when just transcribing this from Tricia's June 2 show:

MR:
"I've been up on Middle Mountain several times driving through there, trying to see if there's any particular area that kinda stands out to me. It's a road about 10 miles long up into the back country, so I mean it's very heavily wooded...there's a million little side cutoffs for ya know ATV type vehicles and motorcycles er hiking trails and things like that, so there's a lot of land here that we're talking about to cover...ya know nothin specifically jumps out at me and that but ya know there have been locations throughout...cuz right now you can only get so far up, um it wasn't until recently that I realized that they even had a gate up there, but at this point in the year there's still snow up there in the higher portion of this road, so they don't even have the gates open to be able to get up there. Now I do know in communicating with law enforcement that they've been up there and that's how I know this n that but ya know I don't know exactly where to look so I mean I get out and I can wander around and I can look and do whatever...but ya know the canine team...

wow. So much leakage, so ripe with hidden truths....

It is like he us trying to be nonchalant about going up there searching, explaining to us all why that is a potential place, and I think trying to make it seem like a random kidnapper would choose that place as well. But he reminds us that he himself ' didn't even realize' they had a gate up there. He only learned about this place in his 'communicating w/law enforcement.'

And yes, reminds us again, that HE doesnt know 'exactly' where to loolk, he is just wandering around and whatever.....KEEP TALKING, MARK.

I would suggest listening to the portions of the radio interview relating to MR's search efforts. It's not only the knowledge of the area and discussing why he was there and what he did while there, but hearing the difference in the speed, tone, inflection as opposed to other portions of the interview. The portion I transcribed was at about 1:49 but try to get a sample of other portions for contrast.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websle...as-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

Thank you. This is an important find Katy and Lordeebee! (Whatever one's interpretation of it may be (acquitting vs damning)!

At about 1:43 of the same interview: (regarding the day he searched with Brandon)

"that particular moment in time we were going to search an area on the east side of Bayfield that has a road that travels up through a mountain range that is on the east side of the mountain range that I live on...there's no way to directly cross over it so the road that heads to my house would be on the west side of this range and the road that we were on is on the east side of that range.."

wow. So much leakage, so ripe with hidden truths....

It is like he us trying to be nonchalant about going up there searching, explaining to us all why that is a potential place, and I think trying to make it seem like a random kidnapper would choose that place as well. But he reminds us that he himself ' didn't even realize' they had a gate up there. He only learned about this place in his 'communicating w/law enforcement.'

And yes, reminds us again, that HE doesnt know 'exactly' where to loolk, he is just wandering around and whatever.....KEEP TALKING, MARK.

Yes. I asked the other night when I heard it if he was telling on himself? What he knew already. Gate, smate...

Question:

Was Mark known to be or seen searching any other areas closeby? Or was this the only area closeby that he searched specifically (that we know of)?

Seems logical that MR may have unsuspectingly drove around with a GPS (Global Positioning System tracking) device attached to his vehicle, giving investigators coordinates to focus their recent search, imo...

http://www.patc.com/enewsletter/legal-answers/4-oct08.shtml

QUESTION:

Is a court order or search warrant required prior to placing a GPS surveillance device on a vehicle for an on-going investigation? Are there any court cases on this?

ANSWER:

The short answer is &#8220;no, unless you intrude into protected &#8216;curtilage&#8217; for the purpose of installing the device.&#8221;

read more..

Night all. I think this should be wrapped up soon for Dylan, his mom, brother, step-father, friends and family. RIP Dylan. Please watch over Cory & mom is my prayer tonight.

2. He mentions this in order to create an excuse for his presence at the location in case Dylan's found up there bc he is responsible? (And goes up there as an alibi to explain any evidence tying him to the location that might be later recovered from there?

3. If he is responsible, did he possibly want Dylan to be found and he is trying to hint / tip this location, thinking this would somehow rule him out if Dylan was found there? I think its odd that he would specifically mention this road if he's the one who put Dylan there and didn't want him to be found...

<edit: also, as Yid mentions, possibly making sure nothing is findable, or covering up / hiding evidence?>

If he is responsible, is it possible he moved the body there for some reason? (nevermind, I don't think so, LE wouldve had their eye on him and he knows this)

*Katy, do you have more info on when the locals specifically reported this, and any other info pertaining to this? TIA

BIB: This!!! Either he is the most bungling, stupid perp ever ........... or he is just damn unlucky providing all this circumstantial evidence if he's innocent!

All MOO.

<o/t, but I have to tell you guys something I think is really funny...I hope a moment of levity is appropriate considering most of us have been here together under these circumstances for hours, weeks, months...

We're supposed to get some hail up here today/tonight. Well, this guy, my neighbor, has a really nice truck. Apparently he grabbed some nice comforters from inside the house and wrapped his truck with them, so the wife was out there yelling at him! I see the comforters are gone now, lol.>

<o/t, but I have to tell you guys something I think is really funny...I hope a moment of levity is appropriate considering most of us have been here together under these circumstances for hours, weeks, months...

We're supposed to get some hail up here today/tonight. Well, this guy, my neighbor, has a really nice truck. Apparently he grabbed some nice comforters from inside the house and wrapped his truck with them, so the wife was out there yelling at him! I see the comforters are gone now, lol.>

I have a 17 year old son who takes my nice, fluffy bath towels to dry the ramps at the skateboard park

'So, she gave him hail, huh'?

Since Dylan's remains have been found has Mark Redwine ever stated that he wanted to find the person responsible for Dylan's murder ?

1. He is really searching up there.

If he was serious about doing a search up there, to find his son or some clues, he would have taken some others with him and begun grid searching. But he describes it as kind of 'getting out and wandering around.' It does not sound like a serious effort on his part.

2. I think number 2 is a distinct possibility. ' Oh, my DNA was found on that gate/rock/stump? Probably because I was up there searching several times.'

3. He had to mention that he was up there 'searching' because he was seen by others coming and going up there. So he had no choice but to mention it.

And I am not sure he wanted him to be found, but I think he knew it was going to happen eventually. So by going up and searching the area, he tried to make it seem like someplace Dylan might go for a hike, and so naturally Mark would go up there and knock around.

I think his main goal was to see if there was anything he needed to take care of, like tire tracks, or femur bones. I am suspicious that so few bones were recovered. It makes me wonder if Mark wasn't going up there and finding them several at a time and removing them and disposing of them bit by bit.

I don't have any exact dates that he was reported to be seen. I know that other searchers who were on that trail reported seeing him up there or sometimes passing him on the road out. So it had to be after it was reopened? Or maybe just before it closed?

Since Dylan's remains have been found has Mark Redwine ever stated that he wanted to find the person responsible for Dylan's murder ?

Not that I've heard yet, and I've really been wondering about this. (He did say he wants to know what happened to his son, but I haven't heard any specific statements addressing a killer during all of his comments to the media. I could be wrong, but it seems Mark might be going with the venturing into the woods, killed by animals end of story theory (Katy, lol) because I would think there would have been some comment made about finding the perp / getting justice by now!

I find it interesting that Mark said that Le wants to meet w/him so he can 'retrace' the case facts with them. To me, it sounds like they want him to 'retrace his steps' with them. I think they want a more detailed timeline for Sunday night/Monday up until the marshal's office. JMO

Not that I've heard yet, and I've really been wondering about this. (He did say he wants to know what happened to his son, but I haven't heard any specific statements addressing a killer during all of his comments to the media. I could be wrong, but it seems Mark might be going with the venturing into the woods, killed by animals end of story theory (Katy, lol) because I would think there would have been some comment made about finding the perp / getting justice by now!

Yes I also believe that Mark is going with the venturing into woods story, even though LE have declared it a homicide investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500