Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIB: This!!! Either he is the most bungling, stupid perp ever ........... or he is just damn unlucky providing all this circumstantial evidence if he's innocent!

All MOO.

He has been seen by locals going up and down Middle Mountain Rd. So he had no choice, but to discuss his 'searches' up there.

But remember, at the same time, he was adamant that 'Dylan was not in this area', and he was about to go on a Dylan Crusade in the lower 48 states and Mexico.

On the lighter side-

'A mother knows'...

A mother visited her 20 yr old son's college apartment & met his new roommate; a beautiful coed. He insisted that their relationship was for financial reasons only, and strictly platonic.

The roommate noticed a sterling silver platter was missing, soon after the mother left.
After a few days, convinced that the mother had stolen her platter, she made the son call and demand for it to be returned.

He hesitantly called his mom and informed her that his roommate was missing her sterling silver platter that went missing after her visit. The mom said, "I didn't take the platter, but placed it on your roommate's bed, right under her pillow"..

I am not surprised "if" Mark did do he has not been arrested :cow:

They have just got a ton of new evidence and they will be having that all tested and then waiting on the results . So I think they are dotting the i's and crossing the t's at this moment .

:cow:

ETA- this is coming from the person who until Dylan was found did not think LE had a clue . But after seeing this play out I now think they have been on the ball from the get go !

Question:

Was Mark known to be or seen searching any other areas closeby? Or was this the only area closeby that he searched specifically (that we know of)?

In the same interview he first mentions searching around the lake. Those are the only two locations he mentions at least at that point.

BTW, it seems like Cory's fishing pole was discovered there (there are also references to a pole that wasn't Cory's).

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Dylan`s family says investigators were brought to the dam after one of Dylan`s fishing poles was discovered there. Dylan`s brother Cory was among the many who watched as a dive team from New Mexico searched the dog spotted areas in the lake.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

In the same interview he first mentions searching around the lake. Those are the only two locations he mentions at least at that point.

With the fishing pole "story" he would of had to of shown interest in the lake IMO

I wonder if LE will ask that question of "what happened to the fishing pole" that Dylan was meant to have taken with him that day?!

Unless Mark is suddenly going to locate it in his house 7 months after the fact! MOO

:cow:

ETA- this is coming from the person who until Dylan was found did not think LE had a clue . But after seeing this play out I now think they have been on the ball from the get go !

Well, I guess I will be interested to see what happens on Tuesday, but I suspect the answer is nothing. I don't have any reason to think they have any action-worthy evidence.

Well, I guess I will be interested to see what happens on Tuesday, but I suspect the answer is nothing. I don't have any reason to think they have any action-worthy evidence.

Would anything they found last week be back yet? . I dont know about forensics but i thought it could take weeks.

If LE found Dylan's remains after continuing previous searches (or words to that effect), could MR have known that is where they were focussing the search? Either by being told, or seeing them himself, seeing as people are saying this area overlooks his home? Or using logic about where the water that flows into the lake comes from?

Either way, yes he could have been up there making sure nothing was "findable" ............... or he could have been carrying out his own search based on what he'd been told.

What surprises me most about this case is that with so many people convinced he did it, why he hasn't been arrested yet? I don't mean purely based on what people think - but if it appears so obvious that he did it, to so many people, why can't LE find anything to pin it on him?

If something did happen at his house on the Sunday night - why has nothing been found forensic wise? Same as with his vehicle, as he would have had to use it to transport the body.

LE said publicly that DR definitely made it to the house, so surely there would be some clue???

I don't how how efficient the LE are in that area ...... but wouldn't people expect something to have been found by now, if DR did die in that house?

ETA: I've publicly said that I am still giving him the benefit of the doubt, as I personally can't fully rule out a random RSO yet ................ but even I would have called MR in by now based on what he has been saying!!

Well we do not know what was found in his home during the search all we know is things were removed. We are not privy too what that last message said at 9 37. We do not know what cell pings they have or what's on that WalMart video.
LE was focused on M Mountain way back in the beginning and had to stop searching there when snow came, They said they will come back when the snow melts. As I see it they knew Dylan was there they just had to find him.

We all were wondering why LE didn't feel Dylan was in that lake they kept saying no. Now we know why. They knew.

Would anything they found last week be back yet? . I dont know about forensics but i thought it could take weeks.

I don't think they would have the results yet that stuff takes time. But I don't think what MR has told them adds up to what info they have!

Like what if they have Dylans phone pings and they don't put him where Mark says he was.
I just think some things mark has told them might not be adding up!

JMO

Oh, I think there was a particular clue alright. They have no particular clue just like they have no particular suspect, IMO.

HI gitana

Many of the news reports, articles and investigations are running together for me. But, I am going to look for an early article which states once the search warrants and investigation at MR's house took place( 11/29 or so) that they changed their focus from Dr having runaway & reduced the number of people working on the case.

So yes, I definitely agree with you there were more than several clues.

Here is the article

http://www.daily-times.com/ci_22134254/sheriff-missing-redwine-boys-disappearance-believed-foul-play

As days went by with no sign of Dylan, investigators ruled out that he ran away.
“We're left with kidnapping and foul play,” Bender said.
The sheriff's staff searched Mark Redwine's home last Thursday. The sheriff is not calling him a suspect or discusszing details about the search, Bender said.
Since the warrant was served, the search for Dylan has pared back as far as the numbers of law enforcement
officers working
the case.
But dozens of investigators from the La Plata County Sheriff's Office, Durango police, the FBI and other agencies continue to investigate tips each day, he said.
He said officials had no plans to call
Advertisement
off the search.
“We will continue to investigate as long as we have leads,” Bender said.
Dylan's disappearance is as rare as it is mysterious. It has been more than 25 years in the Four Corners since a child of Dylan's age disappeared without a trace and was never found.

Since Dylan's remains have been found has Mark Redwine ever stated that he wanted to find the person responsible for Dylan's murder ?

I have been waiting for that and have not heard it. Many people have said they would or would not want to go search for more of their baby or this or that . I cannot say what I would do. I don't think I could know that unless I was faced with it. But I do think foremost on my mind would be " WHO " and I 've not heard anything even hinting at that. MR seems to imply he does not believe its' a homicide and that animals are the sole perpetrators.

I think they had some clue or clues that led them to that area of Middle Mountain. With the acres and acres of wilderness, with all the mountains around there... they just happened to organize this massive search and go right to that spot on that mountain? Talk about lucking into your proverbial needle in a haystack..

I would be very, very surprised if they just happened to luck upon the spot where a few items and scattered remains happened to be. JMO, but I think they had a pretty good idea they were going to find something there.

I think they had some clue or clues that led them to that area of Middle Mountain. With the acres and acres of wilderness, with all the mountains around there... they just happened to organize this massive search and go right to that spot on that mountain? Talk about lucking into your proverbial needle in a haystack..

I would be very, very surprised if they just happened to luck upon the spot where a few items and scattered remains happened to be. JMO, but I think they had a pretty good idea they were going to find something there.

I mean this as a serious suggestion (not trying to be flippant/snarky). Maybe someone paid attention to Tricia's interview with MR. He only mentioned searching by himself in two locations -- the area around the lake and the place Dylan's remains were actually found.

I hope justice for Dylan is going to be fast, and I hope whoever is responsible will burn in hell for eternity.

Since Dylan's remains have been found has Mark Redwine ever stated that he wanted to find the person responsible for Dylan's murder ?

No. I believe he is implying animals are responsible, not a human.

Snipped

I don't believe so, based on the description (bolded) given here by MR. Then compare that to the description of where Dylan was found - apparently on the west side of the mountain facing MRs house. You definitely do not need to go to Bayfield to access Middle Mountain Road.

However, and I don't have a link, I think Tricia told someone during the radio show last week that it was the same place. I think this should be clarified by MR.

Regardless if this was the exact same spot on the mountain or not, how exactly would MR know that searching there was stupid and that Dylan was not there?

Regardless if this was the exact same spot on the mountain or not, how exactly would MR know that searching there was stupid and that Dylan was not there?

I'm getting confused now .... did he say searching there was stupid and that Dylan was not there BUT then also admitted that he searched there himself???

:banghead::banghead:

I'm getting confused now .... did he say searching there was stupid and that Dylan was not there BUT then also admitted that he searched there himself???

:banghead::banghead:

I am not sure, but from the description he might have said it was stupid and Dylan was not there, while talking about searching either another mountain, or another side of the same mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500