Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just feeling the need to repeat:

“According to the indictment, Dylan's blood was found in Mark Redwine's living room, washing machine, the bed of his pickup and on some of his clothes.“

Hi Margarita -- Is this the first time this info was made public? I don't remember hearing this before even though I have followed from the beginning.

Glad there is strong evidence against Mark Redwine, not that I ever doubted he was responsible for Dylan's death. Gets me sick how ML played the innocent, grieving father. Poor Dylan, isolated with this madman. Even after all these years, what happened to Dylan shocks and moves me.

Looking forward to seeing Mark get tried and convicted. If only that could bring Dylan back...

Hi Margarita -- Is this the first time this info was made public? I don't remember hearing this before even though I have followed from the beginning.

Glad there is strong evidence against Mark Redwine, not that I ever doubted he was responsible for Dylan's death. Gets me sick how ML played the innocent, grieving father. Poor Dylan, isolated with this madman. Even after all these years, what happened to Dylan shocks and moves me.

Looking forward to seeing Mark get tried and convicted. If only that could bring Dylan back...

Hi, I’m trying to remember myself...

@SCHMAE
@katydid23

The only thing I remember about blood was some in living room area. It never stated how much and IIRC Mark said it was a result of he and Dylan throwing around a football. Dylan had a bloody nose. Sure....... Mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a little po'd when I read that article the other day. If they KNEW the blood was there and all that evidence inside the house, why the heck did it take years for the arrest? Something stinks about that.

ETA I do think some of this the first time public. I can remember years ago discussing something about a pipe being removed ( IIRC we knew they took a pipe from the house and speculated it was washer pipe but nothing ever came of it so we ( I ) assumed it had no evidence) Now it would appear they had strong evidence for quite some time. Once baby boy's body was found, there could have been an arrest.

I was a little po'd when I read that article the other day. If they KNEW the blood was there and all that evidence inside the house, why the heck did it take years for the arrest? Something stinks about that.

ETA I do think some of this the first time public. I can remember years ago discussing something about a pipe being removed ( IIRC we knew they took a pipe from the house and speculated it was washer pipe but nothing ever came of it so we ( I ) assumed it had no evidence) Now it would appear they had strong evidence for quite some time. Once baby boy's body was found, there could have been an arrest.
I remember reading about a fireplace poker being taken from the house, and it was speculated here that it could be the murder weapon.

ETA: The fireplace poker was reported here, along with clothing and carpeting and floor samples:

Investigators Search Dylan Redwine's Father's Home

I agree. When I read this the other day I was appalled. If this information had been released earlier I think Dylan’s remains may have been found earlier and more intact and they would have had more evidence needed to arrest him back then. Why let that whole media circus happen when it wasn’t necessary? It makes me so angry. MOO

Body language Redwine interview
I noticed when he appeared to be crying (making a face), there were no tears. His red eyes give the appearance he'd been crying, but his eyes were red from the beginning or the interview. I think he'd been drinking. Probably what gave him the courage to give an interview. The commenter noted his weak voice. He was speaking mostly in a soft voice, almost a whisper, like he was keeping a secret (we know that he was). There was one time he raised his voice, in anger, when talking about Elaine.

MOO

I haven't formally been following this case here but have kept up with the case nationally through media sources. I was never in doubt to who did it. All the information led to the logical conclusion that Mark had something to do with Dylan's disappearance and I think ultimately his death. What is getting under my skin is Mark's trial is suppose to start in November 2018. A good 5 plus years after Dylan's death. Yet Chris Watts who committed his dastardly deeds in August 2018 of murdering his wife and unborn son along with his young daughters has agreed to nine charges which will send him to prison for life. The long arm of justice just works to dang slow IMHO sometimes. Still no word on Hailey Dunn's killers!

Just to refresh our memories, this July 22, 2017 article states some of the evidence cited in the Grand Jury indictment:

Dylan Redwine's father arrested in son's death

"Blood found on his couch and in his living room. The scent of a dead body in his pickup truck and on the clothes he wore the night his son was last seen. Odd conversations mentioning how investigators would have to find his son’s skull before they determined how the 13-year-old died."

The wheels of justice grind slowly, but at least they are moving in the right direction.

6 years ago. I can't believe how long it has been.

On Sunday, Nov. 18, 2012, Dylan travelled from his home in Colorado Springs on a court-ordered visit to Durango to visit his father.

Chilling to think what happened to Dylan six years ago today. It haunts me that he didn't want to go. Poor kid. Prayers for Elaine today. Can't be easy for her.

It’s weird that justice takes so long when they forced a poor innocent boy to visit his vile father. It’s funny how the courts didn’t take 6 years to decide on visitation rights which if they had Dylan would now be a adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500