Ebola outbreak - general thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Contacting those that were on the plane with him. What about those who immediately boarded the plane next? Did he use the bathroom? Although CDC says it takes contact with Ebola symptoms, I've read elsewhere where this is debatable.

It does make you worry, but so far, it appears that Ebola is contracted only after the symptoms appear. We know that he had contact with the woman that was fully symptomatic and that died in the early hours of the morning the day after he and the family had tried to transport her to any hospital that would take her, to no avail. Both he and the brother of the woman that died experienced first symptoms on the 24th, a full 4 days after he had traveled.

I so hope none of these ppl contracted Ebola from this man.

"Quarantined family in Ebola patient's apartment should be moved, judge says" http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/us/texas-woman-quarantine-ebola-thomas-duncan/index.html

It sounds like Duncan told his girlfriend that he had not had contact with anybody with Ebola, before the symptoms started to appear. So he lied to her, too.

She said that Duncan, after he arrived September 20 in the United States from Liberia, told her "that he didn't come (in contact) with anybody with Ebola."

Pics I've seen of ebola infected areas they wear biohazard suits while cleaning vomit and some type of chlorine mix to wash with afterwards.. This is scary if they're not doing that.. You can add them to the exposed list now.

and their families.......and id they had to pick up milk on the way home.........the list will grow.

moo

What I find laughable is the White House spokesperson who today said that they were having flight attendants and pilots monitor for Ebola. That's a lie. I'm a flight attendant and there has been nothing about this from my company or union.

What I find laughable is the White House spokesperson who today said that they were having flight attendants and pilots monitor for Ebola. That's a lie. I'm a flight attendant and there has been nothing about this from my company or union.

She must have meant 'their' flight attendants, Air Force One. ;) JMO

She must have meant 'their' flight attendants, Air Force One. ;) JMO

I think you are right. Hell, at my airline we aren't even allowed to wear gloves for trash pick-up due to "negative passenger perception".

I think they meant they'd have the pilots and flight attendants monitored for ebola.

I have to stop reading this thread because my anxiety is through the roof with all this new stuff coming out. But I can't stop reading it becaus I want to know what's going on.

"Quarantined family in Ebola patient's apartment should be moved, judge says" http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/us/texas-woman-quarantine-ebola-thomas-duncan/index.html

It sounds like Duncan told his girlfriend that he had not had contact with anybody with Ebola, before the symptoms started to appear. So he lied to her, too.

I am so sorry for this family. I really do not think that the local authorities that are able to "handle these type of situations" are competent to remove them, and everything that could be infected (which carpets would be a HUGE issue for me if I lived in this complex), from the apartment.

They "thoroughly" cleaned the plane? Um....what about taking that plane out of rotation for a while like they did the ambulance the patient was transported in.

Forgive me if this was already mentioned but this is scary! http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/health/ebola-nbc-news-cameraman/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The NBC camera man was hired one day and came down with it the next. So I'm wondering what physical contact he had?? Was he from the area or just arrived there and brought it with him? I thought it took a couple days to come down with symptoms after exposure. Is it effecting people quicker or possibly becoming airborne? This case seems different.

Daughter-in-law is a flight attendant and there is no monitoring from the major company she works for.

Forgive me if this was already mentioned but this is scary! http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/health/ebola-nbc-news-cameraman/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

The NBC camera man was hired one day and came down with it the next. So I'm wondering what physical contact he had?? Was he from the area or just arrived there and brought it with him? I thought it took a couple days to come down with symptoms after exposure. Is it effecting people quicker or possibly becoming airborne? This case seems different.

He had been living in Liberia for three years and had only begun to work for NBC the day before, according to Dr. Sanjay Gupta

I think you are right. Hell, at my airline we aren't even allowed to wear gloves for trash pick-up due to "negative passenger perception".

Bless your heart, be safe.................do you have vacation time while this is going on? OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump