Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 1 - Opening Statements, Thursday, Sept 20

I have not followed this case for very long, so I am unfamiliar with the defendant's past history to some extent. Is she still that volatile and explosive? If so, that's a scary thing to ponder. If so, then I can certainly see her doing away with their son just for spite against the father & telling him all about it.
icon8.gif

Another defendant whom we can dislike with extreme prejudice; anybody ever heard of Drew Peterson or Casey Anthony or Sandusky or, or, or....?

:seeya:
It helps a lot, auntiejoe!!! You know how we easterners think the world turns around the east coast states!.... For some reason, I had it in my head that the 10:30am time had already been "translated" to EDT. Doh. I'll be patient...

And again, thanks for calming me down & setting me straight!
icon12.gif

And another big thanks to Saba & Shelby1 as well!!

Oh no...its 3 hrs difference. See Saba's post above. So it will start at 130 in NY.

Wonder if she made a fuss in the jail overnight?

Or maybe trying to save part of her breakfast to bring to court & the jail hadn't heard the judge said it was ok???

Best guess and confirmed by poster on BHGJ- no shock belt.

I have not followed this case for very long, so I am unfamiliar with the defendant's past history to some extent. Is she still that volatile and explosive? If so, that's a scary thing to ponder. If so, then I can certainly see her doing away with their son just for spite against the father & telling him all about it.
icon8.gif

Another defendant whom we can dislike with extreme prejudice; anybody ever heard of Drew Peterson or Casey Anthony or Sandusky or, or, or....?

Have you read her latest letter to the Judge who presided over Tammi Smith's trial (the same one was originally assigned to EJ's case)? The audio tapes that she told Logan she killed their child because he wanted to talk to other girls are quite telling as well.

I believe watching EJ's trial will be one of the best spectator sports we have had occassion to witness in quite some time. I think she will be much more animated than CA, DP, or Sandusky. Hopefully she won't get herself thrown out of the proceedings so we can actually witness her antics in real time. Hold on folks. . . . we are in for a real exciting ride!

Update . . . someone just posted they are stating on channel 3 news the courthouse is being evacuated! See link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/251236072296/

I will go look for the MSM news on this and post when I can confirm. . . .so far I am not finding anything this might be a hoax . . . I will keep looking!

Have you read her latest letter to the Judge who presided over Tammi Smith's trial (the same one was originally assigned to EJ's case)? The audio tapes that she told Logan she killed their child because he wanted to talk to other girls are quite telling as well.

I believe watching EJ's trial will be one of the best spectator sports we have had occassion to witness in quite some time. I think she will be much more animated than CA, DP, or Sandusky. Hopefully she won't get herself thrown out of the proceedings so we can actually witness her antics in real time. Hold on folks. . . . we are in for a real exciting ride!

BBM

Judge Kreamer is still presiding over EJ's trial as well.

http://www.kpho.com/story/19590397/elizabeth-johnsons-lawyer-gives-insight-into-trial

Elizabeth Johnson's lawyer gives insight into trial

By Elizabeth Erwin

Thursday marks the first day in the kidnapping and custodial interference trial of Elizabeth Johnson. Johnson ran off with her son, Gabriel, just after Christmas 2009. Gabriel hasn't been seen since...

..."We all had a goal of getting a jury that was fair. And I think we accomplished that," Victor said...

..."Look, there may be issues that come up in this case that make them upset with Elizabeth Johnson, they may not like Elizabeth Johnson. I got all of them to agree to put that aside and decide this case based on the fact and evidence provided in court," Victor said.

Speaking of the facts, Victor said Johnson's missing baby isn't relevant.
"That's the issue everybody wants to know, where's baby Gabriel. That's not going to be resolved in this case. This case is not about that issue," Victor said...

More at link.

:what: Are you kidding me Marc Victor? If it weren't for the "missing" baby Gabe we wouldn't be here at all. I hate when lawyers think the public is stupid. :banghead: :banghead:

Update . . . someone just posted they are stating on channel 3 news the courthouse is being evacuated! See link

I will go look for the MSM news on this and post when I can confirm.

I've been looking all over and have not found this. Could be a long day.

Here is the closest I've come -http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/19595967/2012/09/20/suspect-waves-rifle-may-have-set-bomb-in-neighborhood

I don't know where this neighborhood is-

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/1...waves-rifle-may-have-set-bomb-in-neighborhood

I will go look for the MSM news on this and post when I can confirm. . . .so far I am not finding anything this might be a hoax . . . I will keep looking!

OMG! What else can go on to delay this trial? :banghead:

Thanks, wenwe4 -- Sounds like I need a seatbelt for my sofa!!! So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that we should be able to tell how she feels about things as we go along???!!!! <rolling my eyes> She doesn't know what subtlety is all about -- something like that???
icon6.gif
Hmmmm. Can't wait.
icon10.gif

And no, I have not seen her letter to the judge... I'll have to go back & find it...

I've been looking all over and have not found this. Could be a long day.

I've been watching the live feed for AZ Family (channel 3) since I heard this, and all they have is the court seal. I would think they would break into that if the courthouse really was evacuated.

I hope someone checked to see if EJ used the phone this morning.... :slap:

Thanks, wenwe4 -- Sounds like I need a seatbelt for my sofa!!! So, if I understand you correctly, you are saying that we should be able to tell how she feels about things as we go along???!!!! <rolling my eyes> She doesn't know what subtlety is all about -- something like that???
icon6.gif
Hmmmm. Can't wait.
icon10.gif

And no, I have not seen her letter to the judge... I'll have to go back & find it...

There is also a thread on this forum for all the past letters EJ wrote to the judge:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149541"]Gabriel Johnson - Elizabeth's 45 pages of letters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

But her last one was the worst - calling the judge stupid and blind!

Colton Shone &#8207;@ColtonShone

Elizabeth Johnson walks into courtroom. #cbs5az @kpho

Chris Williams&#8207;@chriswnews

#babygabriel mom Elizabeth Johnson is in courtroom. Wearing conservative outfit, neutral colors, hair pulled back. Jury not here yet.

40s Colton Shone &#8207;@ColtonShone

Elizabeth Johnson smiling, talking with her counsel. #cbs5az @kpho

Corey Rangel&#8207;@CoreyABC15

Elizabeth Johnson in court. She appears upbeat and is smiling as she talks with her attorney. #babygabriel

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back