Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Jury Selection

i would like to know why EJ and her brother had to go through foster care if they had grandparents on both sides. no aunts or uncles?

i would like to know why EJ and her brother had to go through foster care if they had grandparents on both sides. no aunts or uncles?

They had an aunt who went missing & was missing something like 20 years. Her case was one of the websleuths missing person cases until she was listed as located around the time that Gabriel disappeared.

Hi Sweet- here's a post from an old thread on EJ-

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5180465&postcount=46"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Elizabeth Johnson-Background Info[/ame]

momtective
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

Elizabeth's grandparents:
Grandfather: Ansel Puckett (obit online with diligent search) DOB 16 Mar 1923 --------DOD 6 Feb 2002 Spartanburg, SC
Grandmother: name known but will reserve this private information
Mother: Rosslynn Ann Puckett (Cricket) DOB 7 Sept 1962 DOD 21 June 1998 Waltham, MA
Uncle: name will remain private DOB 1959
Aunt: Jane Louise DOB 26 June 1961

Elizabeth's Aunt Jane was found to have a thread on WS from 2007

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Louise+Puckett

LINK:

Jane Louise Puckett,16 (FOUND SAFE),missing ll/23/1977~Colonial Heights, Va. - Help Find The Missing
Jane Louise Puckett,16 (FOUND SAFE),missing ll/23/1977~Colonial Heights, Va. - Help Find The Missing
Circumstances of Disappearance
Puckett was last seen hitchhiking south on Interstate 95 near the Washington Street exit in Petersburg, Virginia on November 23, 1977. She and her sister and her sister's boyfriend had skipped school that day. Their plan was to hitchhike to Florida, Orlando. Her sister and her sister's boyfriend did not want to run away and returned home and that was the last time Jane was seen.

*Researchers note* The younger sister with Jane Louise when she left home was Elizabeth's mother Rosslyn.

Jane Louise Puckett,16 (FOUND SAFE),missing ll/23/1977~Colonial Heights, Va.(*researchers note* one month before Gabriel was born)

We have been unable to gather any further information on Jane Louise, a promised press conference never occurred and no further information has ever been released about her being found alive.

Hi Sweet- here's a post from an old thread on EJ-

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Elizabeth Johnson-Background Info

momtective
Registered User Join Date: Aug 2008

Elizabeth's grandparents:
Grandfather: Ansel Puckett (obit online with diligent search) DOB 16 Mar 1923 --------DOD 6 Feb 2002 Spartanburg, SC
Grandmother: name known but will reserve this private information
Mother: Rosslynn Ann Puckett (Cricket) DOB 7 Sept 1962 DOD 21 June 1998 Waltham, MA
Uncle: name will remain private DOB 1959
Aunt: Jane Louise DOB 26 June 1961

Elizabeth's Aunt Jane was found to have a thread on WS from 2007

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...Louise+Puckett

LINK:

Circumstances of Disappearance
Puckett was last seen hitchhiking south on Interstate 95 near the Washington Street exit in Petersburg, Virginia on November 23, 1977. She and her sister and her sister's boyfriend had skipped school that day. Their plan was to hitchhike to Florida, Orlando. Her sister and her sister's boyfriend did not want to run away and returned home and that was the last time Jane was seen.

*Researchers note* The younger sister with Jane Louise when she left home was Elizabeth's mother Rosslyn.

Jane Louise Puckett,16 (FOUND SAFE),missing ll/23/1977~Colonial Heights, Va.(*researchers note* one month before Gabriel was born)

We have been unable to gather any further information on Jane Louise, a promised press conference never occurred and no further information has ever been released about her being found alive.

Thank you Saba. Very interesting. I never knew that! Thanks for all the giid
wok you do!!!!!!

I'm confused as all get out. Is this trial going on now?

I'm confused as all get out. Is this trial going on now?

Jury selection today and tomorrow. Opening statements scheduled for Wednesday which is when I think live streaming will start. Nothing set for this Friday.

From the docket:

9/17/2012 10:30 Trial

9/18/2012 10:30 Trial

9/19/2012 10:30 Trial

9/20/2012 10:30 Trial

9/24/2012 10:30 Trial

9/25/2012 10:30 Trial

Jury selection today and tomorrow. Opening statements scheduled for Wednesday which is when I think live streaming will start. Nothing set for this Friday.

From the docket:

9/17/2012 10:30 Trial

9/18/2012 10:30 Trial

9/19/2012 10:30 Trial

9/20/2012 10:30 Trial

9/24/2012 10:30 Trial

9/25/2012 10:30 Trial

Thank you saba. Confusion gone now.

:doh: Here's an idea...let's just exclude the fact that there's a missing child! smh

In Session
AZ v Johnson update:

Opening statements are set to begin Wednesday in AZ v Elizabeth Johnson. In Session is there in the courtroom with a field producer and cameras and we’ll be bring you the entire trial on TV at a later date.
Many of you have asked about how these decisions are made. We hear you! As you know court calendars play a huge role in what we do. We are able to bring you some trials live and some we record and broadcast later. In the past, we have interrupted trials we are airing to bring you a new one, and your feedback tells us that you don’t like to invest your time in a trial and then have that coverage put on hold. When we show a trial, you’ve told us you want gavel-to-gavel coverage. And that’s what we want to bring you! We are nearing the verdict in GA v Neuman, and don’t want to abandon this trial. Couple that with the fact that there are undeniable calendar issues with AZ v Johnson. To name a few, court is only in session four days a week, there will be no court on at least eight additional broadcast days and there are the obvious time zone complications. Because of all those factors, we’ve decided to record the trial, so that we can bring it to you in its entirety at a later date. We appreciate all of you taking the time to watch, comment and let us know what you think. Please keep the feedback coming!

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CriminalCourtCases/
(CR2010-101760)

9/17/2012 - Motion In Limine - Party (001)

NOTE: DEFENDANT'S/ TO EXCLUDE TESTIMONY OF FRANK MCQUEARY

9/17/2012 - Motion In Limine - Party (001)

NOTE: DEFENDANT NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL WITNESS FOR MITIGATION PROCEEDINGS

BBM

I wonder if she is going to call Tammi's former attorney, Ken Schutt, to testify for mitigating circumstances. Since Tammi called him at her trial, then she waived privilege, so he could testify for EJ.

Since TPS kept claiming that she was only doing what he told her to do, but he testified at her trial that he never told her to do the things she did, EJ could use that to her benefit.

If EJ claims that she only did the things that she did because TPS told her that her attorney told her to do them (which was a lie), then EJ can claim that she was duped by TPS into saying and doing things that she wouldn't have done otherwise, and have KS take the stand and back her up.

It would be a wise move, IMHO....

OHAAAI to you, SeaChiq!! Glad you're here!
:seeya:

Has anyone confirmed if the when the trail starts it will be aired either on in session or some place else? Sorry to ask I have looked through several threads but it didnt seem like anyone had any definate.
Thanks

This is what I read on IS just now, "AZ v Johnson update:

Opening statements are set to begin Wednesday in AZ v Elizabeth Johnson. In Session is there in the courtroom with a field producer and cameras and we’ll be bring you the entire trial on TV at a later date...."

Grrrrr.

IS announced on Friday that they were going to broadcast a previous trial, FL vs. John Goodman, the Polo Club exec and DUI driver who was convicted in March, 2012, of DUI Manslaughter & Vehicular Homicide.

They are also going to air some of our most favorite trial, Hemy Newman.... Those details are also in the link above.

Originally Posted by SWEETPEA123 [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8368686#post8368686"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

They had an aunt who went missing & was missing something like 20 years. Her case was one of the websleuths missing person cases until she was listed as located around the time that Gabriel disappeared.

Can this thing get just a little bit :crosseyed: screwier?? :waitasec:

:hypno: Heyell, the testimony hasn't even started yet, and it's already starting :crazy: to get :nuts:nuckin':nuts: futz...:nuts::nuts:

Any bets that EJ will be ejected from the courtroom & have to watch/listen in a special (padded, perhaps) cell? I'll bet a buck she does...:twocents:

Originally Posted by SWEETPEA123

Can this thing get just a little bit :crosseyed: screwier?? :waitasec:

:hypno: Heyell, the testimony hasn't even started yet, and it's already starting :crazy: to get :nuts:nuckin':nuts: futz...:nuts::nuts:

Any bets that EJ will be ejected from the courtroom & have to watch/listen in a special (padded, perhaps) cell? I'll bet a buck she does...:twocents:

I would not bet a winner!!!:woohoo:

Are they still trying to make her wear the electronic belt?

That would make her sit up and act right!:truce:

Love your post My type of expressions !

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092012/m5422951.pdf

9/11/2012 EVIDENTIARY HEARING/ JURY SELECTION (QUESTIONNAIRES)

In part.....

...This is the time set for Evidentiary Hearing regarding the Defendant’s Motion in Limine to Exclude Elizabeth Johnson’s Statement to Detective Velazquez.

Det. Jenny Velazquez is sworn and testifies (telephonically).

...The Court defers ruling pending the additional motion to be filed by the State regarding voluntariness and/or public safety issues.

IT IS ORDERED the State shall file any/all further case law to be used in argument no later than Monday, 09/17/2012.

...As to the motion filed regarding Special Agent Chavez,
Based on the motions and testimony provided previously,

IT IS ORDERED precluding the statement(s) made to Special Agent Chavez once Miranda was invoked.

THE COURT FINDS that further ruling may be needed if statements are used for impeachment purposes.

...The Court has received and reviewed the Defendant’s Motion to Remove the Defendant’s Shock Belt.
Mr. Dutcher is present representing the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office.

IT IS ORDERED setting Oral Argument regarding said motion on Thursday, 09/13/2012 at 3:00 p.m. in this courtroom.

...Defense counsel orally requests the Court preclude the State from appearing at the hearing set regarding the Defendant’s detention issues.

IT IS ORDERED denying the request.

so does that mean she has to wear the shock belt?

:silly:.............. You probably didn't really mean your question to be funny, leighmarker, but I had to laff because I have no idea, either. From that reading above, I haven't a flippin' clue. ..:dunno:... My totally non-lawyer mind is reeling from trying to figure it all out. So please forgive if I am being too flip about your remark because that was totally not what I meant. <smh> It's just frustrating, isn't it??!! :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back