Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

The article at the top of this thread is very misleading, they state in print:

Jeremy Irwin is in a custody battle over one of Lisa’s half brothers
when the mother has not even filed papers. In the video it states that her family would like to see more of the child, it states that the extended family is worried about the boy and RR is hoping to get at least partial custody.

Very misleading info from the media!!!!

Just goes to prove that the media is all about sensationalism... not the news. This could turn out to be not much of anything.

I don't know enough about the non-custodial biological parents of DB's and JI's sons to offer an opinion on one or the other, but it was disheartening to learn that both biological parents have been denied access to their children during the time that Deborah and Jeremy have been in a relationship. It appears that one or both of these individuals are selfish control freaks who want their own way even it might not be in the best interest of their respective children. Deborah's son should have a relationship with his father, and Jeremy's son should have a relationship with the mother who gave him life. jmo

Well cant Jeremy just say ok..I dont think he wants to go to court for neglect leaving the kids home with a mommy thats drunk. And having his daughter disappear... Just my opinion

If JI's son's mother has a good lawyer, that is exactly what they will do---go to court for neglect. moo

I feel terrible for the other son......his sister is missing and now his his half brother will be maybe be gone more. Sad no matter how one looks at it. moo

It doesn't surprise me if there are no recent pictures of Lisa being held by her mother. I don't have any myself with my daughter (except for trips here and there and of course when they were born). I'm usually the one taking pictures and rarely in them.

I think most mommies are the picture takers altho I find it odd for a mom not to have a pic --at least one pic of her holding her baby in the hospital or arriving at home. moo

Well cant Jeremy just say ok..I dont think he wants to go to court for neglect leaving the kids home with a mommy thats drunk. And having his daughter disappear... Just my opinion

Most definitely this can happen without going to court. This would probably be best to settle this without going to court too. If JI doesn't want to submit to depositions or questions about Lisa's disappearance he will likely want to settle this without doing so.

That may be why no papers have been filed, and mom is still saying that she would be willing to settle for a joint custody/more time with mom-type deal.

Here's a short article that quotes the mom (not recent article). She states she hasn't seen her son for years. So, she lost custody and she hasn't seen him for years. Something tells me she has issues. I'm not jumping on the "I hope she gets custody" bandwagon.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...f-one-of-lisa-irwins-half-brothers-speaks-out

Perhaps a family member might gain custody? I really feel for the boys in this situation, and am concerned about the care that they may be getting.

Good for her! It won't help his case for custody that he is refusing to cooperate with LE on the search for his missing daughter.

It does concern me that family is talking like the potential battle is for partial custody or for more contact with the boy, instead of full custody. Is there some reason that makes the mother believe that she wouldn't get full custody?

She didn't the last time and JI hasn't done anything that would change that order. Just my opinion but he had ammo to be able to get custody in the first place and she may have corrected the problem to the point she might be allowed more contact, but knows she can't get full custody.

I don't know enough about the non-custodial biological parents of DB's and JI's sons to offer an opinion on one or the other, but it was disheartening to learn that both biological parents have been denied access to their children during the time that Deborah and Jeremy have been in a relationship. It appears that one or both of these individuals are selfish control freaks who want their own way even it might not be in the best interest of their respective children. Deborah's son should have a relationship with his father, and Jeremy's son should have a relationship with the mother who gave him life. jmo

They've been denied? I was under the impression they just hadn't bothered.

ETA In fact I believe I read that Sean Bradley felt 'uncomfortable' around his son.

If JI's son's mother has a good lawyer, that is exactly what they will do---go to court for neglect. moo

I feel terrible for the other son......his sister is missing and now his his half brother will be maybe be gone more. Sad no matter how one looks at it. moo

That's his step brother ,not half brother, and they haven't been together that long. Around 2 yrs or less if I recall correctly (and I may not!)

ETA: have to correct myself ! The boys are NOT step brothers .DB and JI are not married.

She didn't the last time and JI hasn't done anything that would change that order. Just my opinion but he had ammo to be able to get custody in the first place and she may have corrected the problem to the point she might be allowed more contact, but knows she can't get full custody.

There had to be a very good reason for her to not get custody, of some sort. IF she were to regain custody, hopefully nothing will happen to the boy. A mother proven to not get custody over a son in court against a father who was granted full custody in court. hhhhmmmm

Should he be tried on specultion rather than fact? Do courts work that way?

That's his step brother ,not half brother, and they haven't been together that long. Around 2 yrs or less if I recall correctly (and I may not!)

ETA: have to correct myself ! The boys are NOT step brothers .DB and JI are not married.

BBM

Do children really think in terms of the labels that others ascribe to them? Kids are kids, they see a brother not a term used by some parts of the population.

There had to be a very good reason for her to not get custody, of some sort. IF she were to regain custody, hopefully nothing will happen to the boy. A mother proven to not get custody over a son in court against a father who was granted full custody in court. hhhhmmmm

Should he be tried on specultion rather than fact? Do courts work that way?

I believe that he was awarded custody by default, she didn't show up.

I don't know what to think....I do know that because the adults in this saga have acted irresponsible, immoral and wreckless, the children have to suffer.:furious:

BBM

Do children really think in terms of the labels that others ascribe to them? Kids are kids, they see a brother not a term used by some parts of the population.

They don't. My cousin has step children and the children call each other brothers and sisters......not steps.

Hmmmmmm didn't care enough to even show up maybe? That seems like a VERY important court date to keep.

I would be very careful in assuming something like that. In custody battles for children people often "play dirty". Just because she didn't show up, doesn't mean she doesn't care. At this point, with what we know about that custody fight which is little to nothing, I would like to know the reason she didn't appear in court that day. It has been said JI was "ruthless" in his custody fight. I would like to know just how ruthless he was.

I would be very careful in assuming something like that. In custody battles for children people often "play dirty". Just because she didn't show up, doesn't mean she doesn't care. At this point, with what we know about that custody fight which is little to nothing, I would like to know the reason she didn't appear in court that day. It has been said JI was "ruthless" in his custody fight. I would like to know just how ruthless he was.
Well it seems that people are not being very careful in assuming things in this entire case in general. I haven't seen anything about being ruthless at all and you know the media is trying. It seems like it was one of many misleading headlines with no facts to back it up.

Let's hope bio-mom doesn't now want custody or even partial custody just so she can brainwash the kid into giving false information about Baby Lisa's disappearance. I could the possibilty of this if she thinks the only way to get full custody is to have the boy say something incriminating, whether true or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back