Emergency custody papers filed by mother of JI's son 11/14/11

Well it seems that people are not being very careful in assuming things in this entire case in general. I haven't seen anything about being ruthless at all and you know the media is trying. It seems like it was one of many misleading headlines with no facts to back it up.

This "ruthless" term. Does anyone have a link to the media report where it came from? TIA.

I do think there's a difference between the local media and the national media and even the international media in this case. I think the local media for the most part has tried really, really hard. Those are the very people that Tacopina and DB and JI don't want to talk to. They also don't pay for information.

The Daily Mail in London used "nasty" in a headline. Said John Picerno said KCPD was "nasty." I've watched that news conference from Friday twice and I don't recall the word "nasty" being said by Picerno. Heavy handed, accusatory yes, "nasty," no. If i missed the word "nasty" being used by Picerno in the news conference I would be grateful if someone could point that out to me so I'm not castigating the Daily Mail for irresponsible "reporting."

As outsiders, we have no idea what happened or didn't happen in their custody case. He could have been abusive. Maybe her car broke down. He might have threatened her. Maybe he didn't serve her and she had no idea when the court hearing was to be held. She could have not given a darn about being a mom, who knows? Custody cases can be brutal. I don't think any of us should speculate about this mother.

Regardless of the custody situation, I am glad she is making an attempt to see her son. Something was/is obviously wrong in the Irwin/Bradley home. No mother should be so drunk, she doesn't know whether she blacked out or not, especially with 4 children in the home that evening.

JMO

This "ruthless" term. Does anyone have a link to the media report where it came from? TIA.

I do think there's a difference between the local media and the national media and even the international media in this case. I think the local media for the most part has tried really, really hard. Those are the very people that Tacopina and DB and JI don't want to talk to. They also don't pay for information.

The Daily Mail in London used "nasty" in a headline. Said John Picerno said KCPD was "nasty." I've watched that news conference from Friday twice and I don't recall the word "nasty" being said by Picerno. Heavy handed, accusatory yes, "nasty," no. If i missed the word "nasty" being used by Picerno in the news conference I would be grateful if someone could point that out to me so I'm not castigating the Daily Mail for irresponsible "reporting."
I don't have a link to it but I 'think' I remember it to be a local story. It seems like it was nbcactionnews, but not sure at the moment. I will look in a bit to see if I can find it. But it just said it was ruthless, but had no info to back it up with.

It was a statement made by the newscaster in the video quoting the bio-mom.

I would be very careful in assuming something like that. In custody battles for children people often "play dirty". Just because she didn't show up, doesn't mean she doesn't care. At this point, with what we know about that custody fight which is little to nothing, I would like to know the reason she didn't appear in court that day. It has been said JI was "ruthless" in his custody fight. I would like to know just how ruthless he was.

Her family said 'ruthless'. I'm taken that with a huge grain of salt.

We don't know that this woman was apathetic, we know nothing about her.

I watched her video and she was apathetic. Didn't seem too concerned about her son. Mentioned she hadn't seen him in years and never said a bad word about JI. Didn't blame it on him (lack of visitation) which if it was his fault I would have felt she would make it a point to mention. Yep apathetic. JMO

This is the only one I could find that still worked. It was right before this one I think that the term 'ruthless' was used. Notice also the article states it started in 2008, but casenet shows the first instance of something related to the matter in 2005 with paternity being established at that point.
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...irwins-half-brothers-speaks-out#ixzz1bx4pQmaF

BBM

Do children really think in terms of the labels that others ascribe to them? Kids are kids, they see a brother not a term used by some parts of the population.

Well they aren't step brothers, their parents are dating. I never referred to kids of my dad's girlfriends as my step siblings. Granted we didn't live with our dad and sometimes the girlfriends kids would be visiting their dad on weekends when we were visiting our dad. We loved them, but they still weren't our step siblings or ever referred to as such.

It probably really depends on how JI & DB refer to the kids to each other.

Well they aren't step brothers, their parents are dating. I never referred to kids of my dad's girlfriends as my step siblings. Granted we didn't live with our dad and sometimes the girlfriends kids would be visiting their dad on weekends when we were visiting our dad. We loved them, but they still weren't our step siblings or ever referred to as such.

I agree. For Webslueths purposes, it's probably better to stay factual though. The boys aren't stepbrothers. Their parents are dating. IMO

They were a bit beyond dating and the boys had a sister in common which makes a difference in my opinion. My kids and step daughters called each other brother and sister for 5 years before we made it legal. We were living together (all of us) as a family from before I got pregnant with my youngest. That really brought us all together. I became pregnant very early in the relationship (1 month).

It really doesn't matter what anybody here or in the general public want to call them though. They are what they want to be to each other.

With cameras on cell phones today pictures are possible... she is under a year old. It would humanize the mom a bit more i think.

I hear what your saying tho but i find it odd JMO
Plenty of pics right here.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BXQ-kXDOX0&feature=player_embedded"]$101,000.00 REWARD - Have you seen baby Lisa Irwin? - YouTube[/ame]

I agree. For Webslueths purposes, it's probably better to stay factual though. The boys aren't stepbrothers. Their parents are dating. IMO

They are being raised together. Based on the birthday photos, photos with Lisa, video of them returning from school together......they seem pretty darn close.

I'll work from the premise that some day the boys will be old enough to read here and not label htem as a step.

Maybe it is an age thing, to older people who grew up in a certain social climate then step is a term that is customary. In this day and age that type of labeling isn't neccesary.

They are being raised together. Based on the birthday photos, photos with Lisa, video of them returning from school together......they seem pretty darn close.

I really wasn't saying what I thought the boys should call each other, and I really don't know how they refer to each other. I was just stating that in order to be less confusing about relationships, it might be better not to refer to them as stepbrothers.

I don't know the state of the parents relationship at this point either, but it is clear that they aren't married. I may be wrong, but I thought that is what made the term stepbrothers appropriate.

I really wasn't trying to make a statement about the closeness in the family at all. Honest. :)

I'll work from the premise that some day the boys will be old enough to read here and not label htem as a step.

Maybe it is an age thing, to older people who grew up in a certain social climate then step is a term that is customary. In this day and age that type of labeling isn't neccesary.

I'm sorry. I really didn't realize the stigma. :) I really just thought it was a term. Nothing more, nothing less.

Personally, I think we should be very careful about the Bio Mother seeking custody, and her reasons for not having it, and her reasons that she hasn't seen her son in ALL THESE YEARS!!!! Many, many questions here............

BBM

They are a family.

Your Dad's 'girlfriends' were just that until they had a child by him, even then, it may not have been a family arrangement as JI/DB have. IMHO.

I'm sorry. I really didn't realize the stigma. :) I really just thought it was a term. Nothing more, nothing less.

Children are a blessing/sacred and should just be referred to with love. In this world it is hard enough to be a kid without stigma/labels.

IMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back