Estate of Rebecca Zahau et al v. Shacknai et al

What other lawsuit?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209218"]Zahau Family Sues County for Additional Evidence - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Interesting. Looks to me like they still have no idea what happened--it's a very vague complaint. I assume they hope to figure it all out during discovery (document demands, depositions, etc.).

It might be vague, however I think there is valuable information in the complaint. Page 5 (19 & 20) may shed some light on possible evidence. The complaint alleges Rebecca was threatened. What evidence might exist to prove this? Maybe text messages or voicemails? Further stated, it reasonably appeared to Rebecca that the defendants were about to carry out their threat.

image.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35673&d=1373756274

Page 6 (24). Immediately prior to Rebecca's death personal property of Rebecca was destroyed as a result of defendants' assault.

What property of Rebecca's was destroyed prior to her death? Phone, camera?

View attachment 35705

What is a "legal result" of an assault? I'm not familiar with that terminology.

It sounds to me like maybe the Zahaus were unsuccessful in getting Rebecca's possessions back and their recent legal action yielded an explanation that some or all of the requested belongings had been destroyed at some point. Perhaps a vague explanation (or lack of explanation) about how and when the items were destroyed resulted in this all-inclusive wording? Is that possible? Very interesting.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

It might be vague, however I think there is valuable information in the complaint. Page 5 (19 & 20) may shed some light on possible evidence. The complaint alleges Rebecca was threatened. What evidence might exist to prove this? Maybe text messages or voicemails? Further stated, it reasonably appeared to Rebecca that the defendants were about to carry out their threat.

View attachment 35704

Wow. In addition to the possibility of text messages or voicemails, I'm wondering if this information could have come from a witness or even someone directly involved. Is that possible? Or would it be written differently and more specifically if the information had come from a witness? Or would we then be seeing a criminal complaint instead of a civil suit? Curious.

JMO

I just went to the Google news page and was elated to see the number three article headlines were about the filing of the wrongful death suit!!

This is so huge and I am so happy her family is doing this. They deserve to have answers, Rebecca deserves justice.

<modsnip>

I would certainly hope that if the family has evidence showing that RZ received threats, that the would be able to go after SDSO as well. Perhaps even individuals in that organization themselves. The fact that some items belong to RZ where destroyed (phone, computer, camera ... did we ever ascertain what happened to her car?) that would mean that someone in LE or someone in the family destroyed them.

I wish the Zahau family the best of luck in getting justice for their daughter. This has been a long time coming and could have been easily avoided had LE not strung these poor people along, lied to them and not given them ALL of the information available. It would have helped if they would have arrested the people who murdered her as well, but since this is the last line of defense, more power to this family.

JUSTICE FOR REBECCA!

Always MOO

What is a "legal result" of an assault? I'm not familiar with that terminology.

It sounds to me like maybe the Zahaus were unsuccessful in getting Rebecca's possessions back and their recent legal action yielded an explanation that some or all of the requested belongings had been destroyed at some point. Perhaps a vague explanation (or lack of explanation) about how and when the items were destroyed resulted in this all-inclusive wording? Is that possible? Very interesting.

As always, all of the above is just my opinion.

A possibility, and as I understand it (not an attorney so I could be wrong so don't take this as what CA law says):
There's two options for recovery in this type of lawsuit (with regard to personal injury/damages): A plaintiff could elect to recover the reasonable costs of repair for damaged personal property or alternatively, the plaintiff could opt to recover the difference of the value in the property before the tort and the value after. But, if property is destroyed, the damages would be measured by the replacement value of the property.

Just my opinion/guess on what that it might be.

I just went to the Google news page and was elated to see the number three article headlines were about the filing of the wrongful death suit!!

Time, I am posting all of the different MSM articles in the media thread. A lot of them are now copying the AP report. The news is hitting MSM all over the country.

:cheers:

I hope and pray the Zahau family gets the answers they want and deserve. I would like to see justice for BOTH Max and Rebecca because I still believe there is more to Max's death and I do not believe Rebecca was involved in any way. Unfortunately Max's family has never really cared about the truth. Especially his father who was so quick to accept all the vague, nonsensical answers given.

The truth will come out! Big and sincere thanks to all of you sleuths out there who stay committed to getting justice. :)

Time, I am posting all of the different MSM articles in the media thread. A lot of them are now copying the AP report. The news is hitting MSM all over the country.

:cheers:

Thank you for doing that! I am really really happy it is hitting national media> YES!!

Slightly OT, but it was sad to read in the legal filing that Rebecca's father, Robert Zahau, passed away July 9. Condolences to the Zahau family.

&#8220;On July 13, 2011, Rebecca Zahau was found dead, naked, bound and gaged, with a rope noose around her neck. Her cause of death was strangulation, which was caused by either manual strangulation before she was hung, or from being hung with a rope noose around her neck from the second story deck of the Coronado vacation home at which she was staying, The Coroner for the County of San Diego determined that she died on that date. Each of the Defendants named herein participated in some manner in the planning, implementation, execution and subsequent concealment to murder Rebecca Zahau.&#8221;
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...jonah-shacknai-wrongful-death-lawsuit-family/

Waiting to hear either side make media comments soon.

And, what I see in comments on nearly every article (hundreds of comments) is that almost no one believes this was anything but murder. So, it isn't just the choir claiming this is not a suicide.

I agree, time. The media comments by the named defendants will be very interesting. I don't expect AS to make any comments, as he has successfully remained silent to interviews for 2 years.

However, I fully expect the twins to hit the airwaves soon with a renewed attack on RZ and her family.

I'm sure this will play out in court for several years. Can't wait for the named defendants to have to answer hard questions in depositions.

IMO, it's high time to start shining the brightest light on the truth of what happened to Becky. Bring it all out into the open. Criminal charges may never be filed, and that is a travesty, but I hope the Zahaus can prove their case and take every miserable penny the named defendants have. Small comfort, when IMO, the defendants belong in prison cells for the rest of their lives.

This filing without naming JS shows the true purpose of seeking the truth and not money. Rebecca's family has been a class act all along. Proves like what my mother always said - money doesn't buy class. Good luck and many hopeful wishes to the family. From the moment Rebecca laid uncovered those many hours and the additional indignities shown her family in being stonewalled - this was their only hope to seek facts. May this filing also show that money doesn't always buy lies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back