Etiquette & Information Discussion

I have had the same problem off and on for the last few months. I think it might have something to do with the ads?? But really, I have no clue what causes it.

thanks for replying. I had to step out for about 90 mins and when I came back it was working and I've made no changes. How odd is that? It hasn't worked for almost a week for me. Maybe it just needed me to complain publicly about it! LOL

Yep, still working ;)

ETA: It hasn't improved my typing skills though.

Attachments

• donut run.jpg
    donut run.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 139
:eek:verreaction:

I can't live without smileys! It seems to all be fine now, right? This is a new one on me!

It's doing it again today Kimster. Earlier tonight I could open them in this thread but not in one of the Jury room threads. Now it's not working here either. :(

Hi,
What do the following acronyms mean?
HHD, OTOH, PTB, KWIM, B&IBM, SBM, BBM.

Thank you.

Hi,
What do the following acronyms mean?
HHD, OTOH, PTB, KWIM, B&IBM, SBM, BBM.

Thank you.

OTOH = On The Other Hand

KWIM = Know What I mean

B&IBM = Bold and Itralics By Me

SBM = Snipped By Me

BBM = Bold By Me

The others I'm not sure about, and may be specific to a case you are reading about.

OTOH = On The Other Hand

KWIM = Know What I mean

B&IBM = Bold and Itralics By Me

SBM = Snipped By Me

BBM = Bold By Me

The others I'm not sure about, and may be specific to a case you are reading about.

Thank you so much.

Could I please have a list of who the Admins are for this forum?

Editing to add: Could i also have a link to any information with regards to Privacy, for WS member's, VI's & Victim's.
I have looked but can't seem to find anything other than a brief mention of some general guidelines.

I searched but didn't see any discussion on a topic I saw mentioned as an OT in another thread.

What is the REMEMBER ME BUTTON, where is it, and what does it do?

From the question posted in the other thread, I got the impression that it keeps you logged in so you don't get timed out. Is that correct?

Also, whenever I subscribe to a thread, I just add a short post saying "subscribing" but that takes up space without adding to the discussion. While looking for the Remember Me button, I discovered "Subscribe To This Thread" under the Thread Tools menu.

If I use that, will I be subscribed to the thread without taking up discussion space with a useless post?

TIA

-Tracy :)

Also, whenever I subscribe to a thread, I just add a short post saying "subscribing" but that takes up space without adding to the discussion. While looking for the Remember Me button, I discovered "Subscribe To This Thread" under the Thread Tools menu.

If I use that, will I be subscribed to the thread without taking up discussion space with a useless post?

Quoting myself to answer myself. lol

I just subscribed to a thread I'm interested in but am not actively discussing. When I used the "subscribe to thread" option, it did not add a post from me, so there was no taking up space with a comment for no reason. It's kinda sad that I just figured it out because I've been here for two years and should know this stuff.

I'm still clueless on what the "remember me" check box does.

Just wanted to add a personal note of thanks to all mods for all the info.

Being a relatively new member I wonder if I jumped into threads a bit too readily without properly introducing myself. If this has come across as rude in any manner then I unreservedly apologize here.

I had lurked websleuths before but it was reading the excellent book 'Lost Girls: An American Unsolved Mystery' which partly convinced me to join as it mentions the site in an extended meritorious fashion. And although I am not involved in LE my father has been his whole life as it was his job before he took retirement, this is probably the main root of my interest in being here.

Thanks again for the great site.

-J.

Quoting myself to answer myself. lol

I just subscribed to a thread I'm interested in but am not actively discussing. When I used the "subscribe to thread" option, it did not add a post from me, so there was no taking up space with a comment for no reason. It's kinda sad that I just figured it out because I've been here for two years and should know this stuff.

I'm still clueless on what the "remember me" check box does.

Just saw this! Yes, the "remember me" button keeps you logged in to your computer device until you clear out your cookies yourself - or your computer clears them out for you.

Just wanted to add a personal note of thanks to all mods for all the info.

Being a relatively new member I wonder if I jumped into threads a bit too readily without properly introducing myself. If this has come across as rude in any manner then I unreservedly apologize here.

I had lurked websleuths before but it was reading the excellent book 'Lost Girls: An American Unsolved Mystery' which partly convinced me to join as it mentions the site in an extended meritorious fashion. And although I am not involved in LE my father has been his whole life as it was his job before he took retirement, this is probably the main root of my interest in being here.

Thanks again for the great site.

-J.

:welcome4:

Please jump in ANYWHERE! We love our new members and meeting new friends!

I have a question and I hope this is the correct place to post it. I'm a bit lost with all of the sections of this AWESOME place.
I've tried to find the answer on my own but am obviously lost.
Are we allowed to link WS threads to other places? For example...a 'Help Find Mary Jane Smith" FB page. A rather new case has a FB page such as this and I've noticed a thread on here about the case. Is it ok to 'invite' people reading on the FB page to contribute to the discussion here by way of saying: "There is a thread on web sleuths concerning this case and here is a link to it if anyone would like to read and discuss.
Thank you for the wonderful job you do here.

I have a question and I hope this is the correct place to post it. I'm a bit lost with all of the sections of this AWESOME place.
I've tried to find the answer on my own but am obviously lost.
Are we allowed to link WS threads to other places? For example...a 'Help Find Mary Jane Smith" FB page. A rather new case has a FB page such as this and I've noticed a thread on here about the case. Is it ok to 'invite' people reading on the FB page to contribute to the discussion here by way of saying: "There is a thread on web sleuths concerning this case and here is a link to it if anyone would like to read and discuss.
Thank you for the wonderful job you do here.

Absolutely. Please send links out to everyone who may be interested.

Thank you for asking.

Take Care,
Tricia

How come when I try to thank someone's post sometimes I get a pop up that says ok but doesn't let me thank the poster?

How come when I try to thank someone's post sometimes I get a pop up that says ok but doesn't let me thank the poster?

that happens a lot.....just refresh the page....you may notice that after you have clicked thanks a few times it doesn't ''show'' thanks -- just refresh the page ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back