Evidence subject to Frye - *UPDATED* 2011.05.09 (ATTN: ALL ORDERS IN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Boy! :lol:

I left the thread and thought - I'd better get some work done today. :seeya:

So I flipped to my home google page and glanced at the quote of the day.

Brought it back because it reminds me so much of Baez... :giggle:

" Listen..............Do you smell something?" Dan Akroyd. :floorlaugh:

As did logicalgirl (#166). I saw hers after I replied too. Funny.
JB has the transparency of tissue paper.

Yes, it was actually Localgirl's post that prompted me to post, and then I read yours. Transparency indeed!

ETA: LOVE your signature! Never saw that before. Isn't MN great?!

Yes, it was actually Localgirl's post that prompted me to post, and then I read yours. Transparency indeed!

ETA: LOVE your signature! Never saw that before. Isn't MN great?!

Love multiple posts on an opinion or subject because we do it from a very slight twist of the dial - always interesting.

Like: If you say remains one more time, or flip me the bird again, SIR, I'll throw you through a plate glass window!! You opened the door!!

:lol:

...or if anyone dare says "Amber Alert" there will surely be hell to pay.

03/22/2011 Notice of Hearing 3/23/11 at 8:30 am

03/22/2011 Notice of Hearing 3/23/11 at 8:30 amWOW!!! think this will be a phone hearing?

I've not disputed that; I just think a jury shouldn't be made to smell it. And my experience is that it's a gamble on whether or not a person will instantly know what they're smelling is a dead human - I've never interviewed anyone who did and I've interviewed a lot of people, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. The real issue for me is I think making a jury smell the trunk would cross an ethical line. But it's neither here nor there because it comes down to judicial proceedings and HHJP may disagree with me. That's fine. He's the expert on these matters, not me.

Thanks, I think this is a very interesting point of view. I'm one of those who thinks the jury should be allowed to see/smell the car. I remember different cases where a prosecutor brought the bed a man had been murdered in into the court room, the jury in the Michael Peterson case went to the house of the murder victim and inspected the area she died in, still replete with bloodstains, so for me it is not out of the realm of possibility that the jury in this trial will see the car.

What I think is interesting about your thoughts on crossing ethical lines is this, in this case the jury will have to see the remains of Caylee with duct tape around her skull - that in and of itself would be enough to give me nightmares for a long while. So I guess I think what does it matter between using a visual image that is disturbing or another sense being used? Why do you think it would not be ethical for a jury to visit the car?

I thought the frye hearing was due to start at 9:00am? Do you think this is a seperate little pre hearing to the frye hearing?

Thanks, I think this is a very interesting point of view. I'm one of those who thinks the jury should be allowed to see/smell the car. I remember different cases where a prosecutor brought the bed a man had been murdered in into the court room, the jury in the Michael Peterson case went to the house of the murder victim and inspected the area she died in, still replete with bloodstains, so for me it is not out of the realm of possibility that the jury in this trial will see the car.

What I think is interesting about your thoughts on crossing ethical lines is this, in this case the jury will have to see the remains of Caylee with duct tape around her skull - that in and of itself would be enough to give me nightmares for a long while. So I guess I think what does it matter between using a visual image that is disturbing or another sense being used? Why do you think it would not be ethical for a jury to visit the car?
There is a marked difference, imo, in viewing photos, seeing a bed, place of death, etc and smelling human decomp. It lingers and lingers and lingers in your nose for a long time - sometimes hours or a full day, but can be more, depending. It can, as I have witnessed, made people physically ill and they couldn't eat for days and when they did eat again, they could "taste" the decomp.

ETA: Of course I realise that my personal opinion, that the jurors should not smell the car, is formed by my own ethics. Others may feel the jury should smell the car, that it's important for them to.

To each their own.

Dangit, I have to go a training tomorrow and won't get back to the office until after 9am central (10am eastern)! Y'all take good notes for me, okay?

There is a marked difference, imo, in viewing photos, seeing a bed, place of death, etc and smelling human decomp. It lingers and lingers and lingers in your nose for a long time - sometimes hours or a full day, but can be more, depending. It can, as I have witnessed, made people physically ill and they couldn't eat for days and when they did eat again, they could "taste" the decomp.

ETA: Of course I realise that my personal opinion, that the jurors should not smell the car, is formed by my own ethics. Others may feel the jury should smell the car, that it's important for them to.

To each their own.

Turnadot,

It stayed with me for weeks - literally - that bad.

Turnadot,

It stayed with me for weeks - literally - that bad.

Fresh lemons..lots of them...cut and rubbed on skin, hair, ect and even sucking the juice....are the only thing that will even begin to remove the smell from your person. As for removing the smell from your boots...that's a lot more difficult. :(

Nums24's posting in Today's News - No Discussion

Richard Hornsby has contributed to the Frye Hearings....

Can I have some Fryes with that Clandestine Grave Detector?

Mar 22nd, 2011
by Richard Hornsby.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

Lucky for him he appears to have left off the Comments Section. :waitasec:

So Ms. Kardashian follow the case? Hmmm? Wonder if she lurks here?

/e goes to investigate if there is a registered WS user named "FamousBigBooty"
:websleuther:

Kim reminds me a bit of ICA the way she makes her connections. Kim's dad was a lawyer so......ICA has a lawyer and is on trial for her life so.......

both are trying to act like lawyers.:waitasec:

Love multiple posts on an opinion or subject because we do it from a very slight twist of the dial - always interesting.

Me too. Especially during a hearing, for the reason LG states, and also b/c multiple posts reinforce a point that was made.

Nums24's posting in Today's News - No Discussion

Richard Hornsby has contributed to the Frye Hearings....

Mar 22nd, 2011
by Richard Hornsby.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

Lucky for him he appears to have left off the Comments Section. :waitasec:
---comment section button is at the top of the article---

Mar 22nd, 2011 by Richard Hornsby. 1 comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members