Evidence that was not discussed during the trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently his Defence team have 21 days to lodge an Appeal if they believe some manner of the Trial was not carried out correctly or evidence skewed in some way - hopefully if they do that the Judge simply Squashes it ! It would be a waste of more taxpayer money !

Justin Quill, the director of Kelly Hazel Quill Lawyers, says Baden-Clay will not be able to appeal the length of the sentence, but may have "very good" grounds to appeal the conviction.

"Potentially there is an appeal on conviction – that could be on a whole stack of grounds," he said.

"Those grounds could be the exclusion of particular pieces of evidence. It could be taking the judge to task on the precise wording of the charge or the answers to the questions. The answers to the questions are crucial."
Video: Baden-Clay may have 'good grounds' for appeal: lawyer (ABC News)

Mr Quill says Queensland's mandatory sentencing laws mean Baden-Clay does not have a chance of seeing a reduction in his jail time.

"Most guilty findings you can appeal on either the conviction recorded or the sentence," he said.

"The sentence isn't really an option for him because in Queensland they have mandatory sentencing for life and the judge could've given him a 20 minimum ... he didn't, he gave him a 15-year minimum, which is the minimum [non-parole period].

"He can't do any better on an appeal on the sentence."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-16/baden-clay-spends-first-night-in-prison/5599866

Do people who do this constantly have any idea how ridiculous they sound .. most families have someone of note a few lines back somewhere along the line, the people around them must have been laughing behind their hands about it for years!
NO they don't. I had a sister-in-law who came from Mauritius and her parents taught her she was better than everyone else, because they had servants back there. She thought she was above cleaning the house and putting out the rubbish, because that's what servants did and if you did that yourself, then you were no better than a servant.

It's amazing how deluded they are and how little idea of real life they have. They also don't realise how we don't look up to them at all, we see them as ridiculous and somewhat sad.

Apparently his Defence team have 21 days to lodge an Appeal if they believe some manner of the Trial was not carried out correctly or evidence skewed in some way - hopefully if they do that the Judge simply Squashes it ! It would be a waste of more taxpayer money !

I wish they'd stop throwing money at crime and give it back to pensioners.

Subtlety is evidently not this family's strong suit :facepalm:

They are outrageously pompous and rude.

I'm shocked!! (but I haven't followed from the beginning like most of you - you guys have all been saying how outrageous they are!!)

Read thread #2, all people who have not followed from the beginning only have to read thread #2 in May 2012 to get a full overview of what the emotions were when the gbc clan were first put under the spotlight, especially the snivelling smiling assassin sister, standing behind Gerard and then saying "thankyou everyone for your concern" as if anyone was concerned for THEM!!!! I wanted to reach into the TV and show her how much concern I had for THEM!!! Would of left a bigger mark than a blunt razor!!! These people, where do they come from!!!! I hope Brookefield run them out of town

Hi everyone, just found you in here. For those not in Qld, our major newspaper the Brisbane Courier Mail has dedicated the first 17 pages to this case. Plus in letters to the editor section there is more. There is also a large cartoon of GBC's face with the words guilty of murder written in red along his scratches.

I do not think there will be any more charges in this case. No accomplices, no perjury charges etc. Except for an appeal which is pretty standard in murder convictions, I think the case is over.

Will look into the appeal process later today hopefully.

not so sure Ali but I bow to your experience I have a box of donuts to a bottle of rum there will be :loveyou:

NO they don't. I had a sister-in-law who came from Mauritius and her parents taught her she was better than everyone else, because they had servants back there. She thought she was above cleaning the house and putting out the rubbish, because that's what servants did and if you did that yourself, then you were no better than a servant.

It's amazing how deluded they are and how little idea of real life they have. They also don't realise how we don't look up to them at all, we see them as ridiculous and somewhat sad.

Whatever effort they've all put into connecting themselves to that name has only connected them more completely to their now notorious son / brother.

Wow on all the references to Baden-Powell .. remind you of anyone?

View attachment 54915

Do people who do this constantly have any idea how ridiculous they sound .. most families have someone of note a few lines back somewhere along the line, the people around them must have been laughing behind their hands about it for years!

We had a boss at work who had a hyphenated name, just so their name wasn't common. One of my colleagues called said person "Mrs Movie star surname!" Lol. So yes, I dare say people would laugh discreetly.

Yes, and I desperately wish that they get asked 'why didn't you help police?' 'Why did you try and take Allison's jewellery?' 'What on earth possessed you to do the granny pash?'

bahahahaha, the infamous granny pash :) Put me off my weetbix for years lol

I hope the jury read this thread - it will reassure them that they made the right decision.

I think the jury will only have to watch the news to know they made the right decision. IF they had an ounce of doubt before it would have been dispelled by the media coverage after.

OH thankyou....Im feeling a little like when I lost my mum in a shop when I was little,
only its all my WS friends...I felt like ringing 000 and getting advice lol.
I have bookmarked this and am staying put, not daring to look at other threads.:loveyou:

Oh man me too, I am "just a little bit" disoriented.

We need to start a lobby group and pressure them not to appeal, we don't need their<modsnip> lies and deceptions and further attempts to denigrate Allison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read thread #2, all people who have not followed from the beginning only have to read thread #2 in May 2012 to get a full overview of what the emotions were when the gbc clan were first put under the spotlight, especially the snivelling smiling assassin sister, standing behind Gerard and then saying "thankyou everyone for your concern" as if anyone was concerned for THEM!!!! I wanted to reach into the TV and show her how much concern I had for THEM!!! Would of left a bigger mark than a blunt razor!!! These people, where do they come from!!!! I hope Brookefield run them out of town

they are Kenmore not Brookie even though the 2 suburbs join . sure Brookie people are not claiming them:shame:

What!!! Are the cops and reporters there? or just reporters? I was hoping to see further investigation into the facetime calls to banana and see his pashing granny mother pull a face like a sucked lemon seeing she thought she was so funny with her "apple" joke, like to send her a bowl of fruit of my own :-+

Can they please ask her how that comedy is working for her now?

It's my birthday today, could you please pop over and tell them that I'd like an explanation as a gift?

Happy Birthday AAAA

:bdsong: :gift: :cake4u: :balloons:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads