Ex-`Grey's' star cites racism for firing

The minute I find a white celeb playing the race card you better believe I would post that too.
Yes this subject does recieve indignation from me...and I am free to express that. I am allowed to have an opinion Nova and Paladin, even if it doesn't match your own.

First, can you please explain to me how exactly a white celeb would play the race card?

Also, no one has said you aren't allowed to have an opinion.

Does "reevaluating your own opinion" apply to yourself as well Nova, or only those who don't agree with you?

Of course, it applies to me.

As for your repeated remarks about "white celebrities who play the race card," it simply makes no sense, as I have already explained. But white celebrities do say stupid things, sometimes, as you yourself have noted.

OMG< he's on LKLive and he is so arrogant. I loved him on Grey's Anatomy, but he totally reminds me of OJ, that same arrogant laugh as they went to commercial. Puke!

Now, I'm really glad he's gone from the show. He would of been better off, had he just let this die it's own quiet death..I don't believe him at all now after listening to him and watching him.

First, can you please explain to me how exactly a white celeb would play the race card?

Also, no one has said you aren't allowed to have an opinion.

Exactly the way IW or Wesley Snipes did. They could get fired from a job or hounded by the IRS and blame it on simply being white. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Of course, it applies to me.

As for your repeated remarks about "white celebrities who play the race card," it simply makes no sense, as I have already explained. But white celebrities do say stupid things, sometimes, as you yourself have noted.

So are you now implying that whites can't play the race card? This is ridiculous, anyone can!
I know you think Hollywood is white dominated...and it may be, but not all of it.
Just imagine if a white person were ever fired from a Spike Lee movie...now what do you think they would probably suggest is the reason why they were fired?

So are you now implying that whites can't play the race card? This is ridiculous, anyone can!
I know you think Hollywood is white dominated...and it may be, but not all of it.
--White Rain, whites dominate EVERYTHING in this country, not just Hollywood--blacks will always feel like second-class citizens, no matter how successful,rich or famous they become--so if someone like Isiah whines a bit,I think we should see it in that context

Just imagine if a white person were ever fired from a Spike Lee movie...now what do you think they would probably suggest is the reason why they were fired?

The reason you never see anyone play the white race card is because the white race dominates and has dominated this country for as long as we have been a country. There's no card to be played.

Well I happen to disagree with you guys. ANYONE, any color/nationality can play the race card. Does that make what they say true? No. But anyone can play it.

Well I happen to disagree with you guys. ANYONE, any color/nationality can play the race card. Does that make what they say true? No. But anyone can play it.

Sure, a white person could play the race card, but they would get laughed at because it's an incredibly absurd notion. :)

White people don't have a race card in their deck. It's like trying to play the Joker in a poker game. People will look at you and be like "WTF, you can't play this card. It doesn't make sense."

Sure, a white person could play the race card, but they would get laughed at because it's an incredibly absurd notion. :)

White people don't have a race card in their deck. It's like trying to play the Joker in a poker game. People will look at you and be like "WTF, you can't play this card. It doesn't make sense."

I seen him on LKL tonight. I toally shook my head in disgust........he denies / denies / denies......never said it. He is innocent everyone else never heard him correctly!!! blah blah blah..........I turned the channel! I refuse to listen to ignorance. Shandra is black & I'm sure she isn't playing a race card!!!!

As I watched IW on LKL tonight, I thouhght he is digging his grave. Will
he ever work again after blaming his departure on everyone one else.

I love the show. I thought Dr. Burke was real sexy and loved watching him.
Yet after his appearance on LKL: he needs to grow up!

I agree... a white person can be pulled over by a black cop and claim "race" because the car next to him, doing the same speed, was a black person...

Anyone can pull racism out of the butt... doesn't mean it's true when the claim is made.

Originally Posted by Nova

[strikethrough]But given the garbage one finds posted in these threads on a regular basis, every right-thinking person has a moral obligation to respond.[/strikethrough]

ETA: I wish I could take back the sentence above. (I would just delete it, but posters have already seen it.)

What I should have said is this: all members of any majority need to take care that they don't help reinforce stereotypes of minorities. For that reason, I have an obligation to participate whenever these "white resentment" threads pop up.

then:
Sorry, angelmom. But you know GW probably does talk like that in private. Despite his carefully calculated image as a "West Texan," I'm sure he's been around plenty of gay men in his life.

So you feeling your in a minority makes it okay to do the very same thing? An assumption about GWB to back your feelings on the subject of gay relations. Sounds exaclty what Spike Lee was addressing when he said blacks can't be racist.

Should I get the same pass you expect if I suggested Barney Frank has a revoloving door for teen boys? I have my doubts. The majority has an obligation to defend against stereotypes as you see them but the minority has no obligation whatsoever to even be honest with the truth?

I seen him on LKL tonight. I toally shook my head in disgust........he denies / denies / denies......never said it. He is innocent everyone else never heard him correctly!!! blah blah blah..........I turned the channel! I refuse to listen to ignorance. Shandra is black & I'm sure she isn't playing a race card!!!!

And according to him, all of this started because he felt in charge... He sounded like a spoiled brat. Dempsey was late, on several occasions and it ate at me that I didn't take charge.

Who the heck is he? He's getting paid. It's up to the producers to decided who needs a talking to.

He really made me sick, then not accepting responsilbity for his own actions. He would of been much better off, to sit down and shut up and let it go away.

The reason you never see anyone play the white race card is because the white race dominates and has dominated this country for as long as we have been a country. There's no card to be played.

THANK YOU!!!! :clap:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20044381,00.html

See, arrogant, doesn't realize that McDreamy has more fans and he's doing himself in.

He kept, saying, he and Dempsey had gotten to this real good place...I guess that comment was suppose to make up for all the rotten things he said about him.

As I watched IW on LKL tonight, I thouhght he is digging his grave. Will
he ever work again after blaming his departure on everyone one else.

I love the show. I thought Dr. Burke was real sexy and loved watching him.
Yet after his appearance on LKL: he needs to grow up!

i thought the same thing.....

I didn't say it was impossible. I said it was very unlikely, given the current racial composition of power structures in entertainment corporations. That you keep going back to this idea suggests you are out of arguments.

Originally Posted by Nova

[strikethrough]But given the garbage one finds posted in these threads on a regular basis, every right-thinking person has a moral obligation to respond.[/strikethrough]

ETA: I wish I could take back the sentence above. (I would just delete it, but posters have already seen it.)

What I should have said is this: all members of any majority need to take care that they don't help reinforce stereotypes of minorities. For that reason, I have an obligation to participate whenever these "white resentment" threads pop up.

then:

So you feeling your in a minority makes it okay to do the very same thing? An assumption about GWB to back your feelings on the subject of gay relations. Sounds exaclty what Spike Lee was addressing when he said blacks can't be racist.

Should I get the same pass you expect if I suggested Barney Frank has a revoloving door for teen boys? I have my doubts. The majority has an obligation to defend against stereotypes as you see them but the minority has no obligation whatsoever to even be honest with the truth?

What ARE you talking about, Rino?! All I said was that GWB has more experience with gay people than his public persona might indicate.

I've got a long list of gripes against the guy, but that isn't one of them.

Another poster said she uses the expression "butch it up" with her gay friends and we were discussing why that is NOT offensive in private, among friends. I gave a hypothetical example of a public context where it would be offensive. And then I later implied that GWB might be familiar with the private, NON-offensive context the poster described. (If you took that to mean sexual involvement on GWB's part, I can't help it. That's not what I said.)

I may be wrong, but I doubt it. Yet even if I am, so what? Where's the slam?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81
Back