Ex-`Grey's' star cites racism for firing

--White Rain, whites dominate EVERYTHING in this country, not just Hollywood--blacks will always feel like second-class citizens, no matter how successful,rich or famous they become--so if someone like Isiah whines a bit,I think we should see it in that context

See bolded. That is not true, whites do not dominate everything in this country. They have and continue to try, but they do not and have not dominated everything in this country.

I'm glad I missed seeing IW on LKL. I really liked the Burke character and would rather think of him as being like that guy than the jerk he apparently is in real life.

I didn't say it was impossible. I said it was very unlikely, given the current racial composition of power structures in entertainment corporations. That you keep going back to this idea suggests you are out of arguments.

I'm not out of arguments at all. The reason I keep going back to this is because others are quoting what I say, stating their feelings on my quotes and I respond to them.

I'm not out of arguments at all. The reason I keep going back to this is because others are quoting what I say, stating their feelings on my quotes and I respond to them.

Well, as several of us have said, what is your point? There is no "white race card" to play because whites are not the traditionally disadvantaged group.

Has any white person anywhere ever claimed discrimination? Yes. Is it common? No. For the obvious reason.

As for entertainment celebrities, there are relatively few non-white owners and executives of show business corporations. Again, no "white race card."

This isn't rocket science.

Well, as several of us have said, what is your point? There is no "white race card" to play because whites are not the traditionally disadvantaged group.

Has any white person anywhere ever claimed discrimination? Yes. Is it common? No. For the obvious reason.

As for entertainment celebrities, there are relatively few non-white owners and executives of show business corporations. Again, no "white race card."

This isn't rocket science.

Nova what is YOUR point? The SOS over and over, you believe that blacks are at such a disadvantage that any of them are justified in playing the race card but whites aren't. OK OK WE GET IT ALREADY.
My point is that I believe ANYONE, yes, even WHITES can play the race card, that even if they do it doesn't make it true, and the the race card is overplayed by some blacks, IMO. Let me repeat AGAIN, IMO.
I would have stated my POINTS only once if you and others didn't keep trying to point out that my opinions are neither welcome nor valid. When you do that I will defend them, as to my opinion only.
You don't have to like and/or agree with my opinions and you can tell me until you are blue in the face that whites don't have a race card to play and blacks do, and you are not going to change my mind as to what I think. So why keep bothering?
You believe what you'd like to believe, and I'll do the same.

Nova what is YOUR point?...

Two points:

1. Repeating an argument verbatim is not the same thing as defending an argument that has been questioned, thoughtfully and patiently.

2. When enough people tell you an argument makes no sense (not just that it's wrong, mind you, but nonsensical), it might be time to rethink that argument.

Okay, I'm done.

Two points:

1. Repeating an argument verbatim is not the same thing as defending an argument that has been questioned, thoughtfully and patiently.

2. When enough people tell you an argument makes no sense (not just that it's wrong, mind you, but nonsensical), it might be time to rethink that argument.

Okay, I'm done.

It seems to me your repeatedly repeat your arguments as well.
I hold to my opinions steadfast. I'm a typical taurus, a stubborn bull. I'm not likely to change my opinions, I don't care what other people think of them.
Ok, now I'm done too. :truce:

It seems to me your repeatedly repeat your arguments as well.
I hold to my opinions steadfast. I'm a typical taurus, a stubborn bull. I'm not likely to change my opinions, I don't care what other people think of them.
Ok, now I'm done too. :truce:

Are you related to President Bush? :D

I watched the LKL interview with Mr. Washington. IW's comments came from a mixed bag........some comments seemed true, some seemed like lies.
My biggest problem with Washington's answers to King's questions was his implications that everyone ELSE was to blame for the name calling and the turmoil on the set.

I watched the LKL interview with Mr. Washington. IW's comments came from a mixed bag........some comments seemed true, some seemed like lies.
My biggest problem with Washington's answers to King's questions was his implications that everyone ELSE was to blame for the name calling and the turmoil on the set.

I didn't watch the interview, but as far as I know no one held a gun to his head and forced him to say epithets about gays. Nope, no exscuses there.

It NEVER fails for this to happen. If anything (other than something good) happens to a black person, well it's because they're black.
Get fired from a job, after making racist comments and losing viewers, it's because you're black.
Speed and get a ticket, it's because you're black.
Fail to pay your taxes and the IRS comes after you, it's because you're black.
I know I will be flamed for my comments but I am sick of this race card crap.

White Rain, I am not going to flame you. I will tell you that your comments on this post bother me.

You are making a large sweeping condemnation of a race.

The race card, when played for the wrong reasons, upsets everyone and hurts those who really do experience racism. I don't think anyone will argue with that point.

There is still racism in the U.S. It's ugly and it happens. However , to say whenever ANYONE complains they are just playing the race card is flat out wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back